Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sidious/Palpatine - one last time for the slow of learning

Page: 1 of 1
 thelegalbeagle
05-18-2002, 2:15 PM
My young padawan, consider the following:

Darth Sidious and Palpatine are played by and credited as one actor, Ian McDiarmid.

Palpatine becomes the Emperor.

The Emperor has Force powers - he uses Force Lightning.

Darth Sidious appears, in TPM at least, with the leitmotif of the Emperor's theme in the soundtrack.

Darth Sidious meets Darth Tyranus on Coruscant in the building that becomes the Imperial Palace.

Darth Sidious is a Sith.

There are only ever two Sith at a time.

Darth Vader is a Sith.

His master is the Emperor, therefore the Emperor must be a Sith.

SO, FOR THE LAST TIME, DARTH SIDIOUS IS PALPATINE
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:18 PM
thank you for that, but we already know that...
 Cracken
05-18-2002, 2:39 PM
Also, a happy version of the Emperor's Theme is playing during the final parade in TPM, which I found amusing.
 Duncan Barr
05-18-2002, 3:03 PM
Also dont forget The Emperor is also the lost Jedi Syda-yass- the one who iniated the building of the clone army.
 Leagle
05-18-2002, 5:36 PM
Originally posted by Duncan Barr
Also dont forget The Emperor is also the lost Jedi Syda-yass- the one who iniated the building of the clone army.

Wrong, look at the movie again.
Cyfo-Dyas, (I looked at the subtitles, it is a double name begining with C, second with D I think that is the correct spelling there.) Dies just over 10 yrs ago. TPM time. Dooku leaves 10 yrs ago. Just after.

He then, as Darth Tyranus (the new apprentice) orders a clone army in the name of the republic under the name of a Jedi (a master I believe) who has just died. Kamino is outside the republic, Dooku deletes it form the Jedi archives b/f he leaves, Palpy gets rid of the rest. Kamino does not like visitors, blah, blah...
Dooku, (tyranus) gets Jango for the Kaminoans.

From the looks Windu and Yoda give each other, Cyfo-Dyas probably died under suspicious circumstances. (Pity if you didn't understand that Obi-Wan doesn't think out load, as it would probably saved you a lot of confusion;))
 wildheart73
05-18-2002, 5:51 PM
u never know what lucas will write,u can only assume(or you'd be writing it).i just think dont rule nothing out!
 BlackDove
05-19-2002, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by Leagle

Wrong, look at the movie again.
Cyfo-Dyas, (I looked at the subtitles, it is a double name begining with C, second with D I think that is the correct spelling there.) Dies just over 10 yrs ago. TPM time. Dooku leaves 10 yrs ago. Just after.

He then, as Darth Tyranus (the new apprentice) orders a clone army in the name of the republic under the name of a Jedi (a master I believe) who has just died. Kamino is outside the republic, Dooku deletes it form the Jedi archives b/f he leaves, Palpy gets rid of the rest. Kamino does not like visitors, blah, blah...
Dooku, (tyranus) gets Jango for the Kaminoans.

From the looks Windu and Yoda give each other, Cyfo-Dyas probably died under suspicious circumstances. (Pity if you didn't understand that Obi-Wan doesn't think out load, as it would probably saved you a lot of confusion;))

Lol maybe it's different in other languages...in Swedish subtitles it was Sifa Dyas lol....
 dorain8
05-19-2002, 3:27 AM
i might be wrong but i am pretty sure they played the imperial march
 AzzA
05-19-2002, 3:49 AM
They played the Imperial March at the end of Episode 2. Cracken said they played a version of the Emporer's theme at the end of Episode 1.
 Cmdr. Cracken
05-19-2002, 3:57 AM
I did? *looks up*
oh, he did.

Damned clone. :)
 Leagle
05-19-2002, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El

Lol maybe it's different in other languages...in Swedish subtitles it was Sifa Dyas lol....

Heh, whatever. It was Dutch btw. I only glanced you know -English is my 1st language.

Oh, and wildheart, yes I agree, we must rule out nothing! Lightsabers are actually made of pork pie! Yes! Incredible!

And Luke is meant to be a different person in ROTJ! Yes! You can tell because he looks older and has neater, longer hair! Isn't that amazing! The 1st Luke died on the 1st death star when he traveled back in time to kill vader! He was cloned from a urine sample taken from his emergency rations pack, 'cause we all know urine is extremely nutritious in the Star wars universe!
 thelegalbeagle
05-19-2002, 7:27 PM
Sidious is definitely NOT Cypho-Dyas.

Jango Fett gives the DNA for the Clonetroopers.

Jango denies knowing Dyas when questioned by Oi-Wan, saying that he was employed by someone called 'Tyranus'

Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus

Therefore Dooku presented himself to the Kaminoans as Cypho-Dyas
 wildheart73
05-19-2002, 9:10 PM
muppet!
 JacenSolo2001
05-19-2002, 9:16 PM
Leagle is on the money !
He passed himself off as the dead Jedi to Jango & the cloners....
brilliant !!
 Wossname
05-19-2002, 9:47 PM
Then the question remains when was Palpatine a Jedi? Or was he never a jedi? How did he learn of the Force? Was he a native of Naboo?

I guess these things must wait for Star Wars Episode 0: Yes We're Telling this Story Backwards
 HertogJan
05-20-2002, 5:33 PM
The entire thing about Sith and Dark Jedi is confusing... The Sith were originally a race, not an organisation...

Although the modern era of the Sith is attributed to Darth Bane, and the Dark Jedi that preceded him, the cult can find its roots further back in the galaxy's ancient past. Long before the Republic rose, there lived a culture on the planet Korriban. These primitive people were called the Sith, and the Force flowed strongly through their bloodlines. Although they didn't practice the Force as the Jedi would, they were talented in their own brand of magic.

Five thousand years ago, during the Sith Empire's golden age, a Republic explorer vessel stumbled upon the secluded worlds of the Sith. One Sith Lord, Naga Sadow, saw this as an opportunity to invade the Republic, and exact vengeance on the Jedi who had banished them. History would record the invasion that followed as the Great Hyperspace War, and it would be the first of many terrible conflicts between Jedi and Sith.

Time and again the Sith and Jedi would clash, with devastated worlds lying in their wake. The last great conflict took place on the scarred plains of Ruusan. The Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness did battle with the Jedi Army of Light. From this onslaught, one Sith escaped: Darth Bane. It was he who would resurrect the order with duplicity and secrecy in mind.

So technically, the "Sith" from the movie aren't real Sith... They are Dark Jedi, but because of Darth Bane, they mean the same...
Page: 1 of 1