Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

we were expecting you...

Page: 1 of 1
 drallvekk
05-18-2002, 12:08 AM
who were the kaminians expecting when obi-wan arrived on kamino? darth rage (maybe)? (it would be so cool to see darth rage as villan in ep3!). i'm sorta lost on who they thought obi was
any ideas??
 Stealth_Shot
05-18-2002, 12:15 AM
They were expecting a messanger of Sifo Dyas, or Sifo Dyas himself. Whom this mysterious Sifo Dyas is, is still up in question. All we know was that he was once on the Jedi council but died around the time the clones started being made. My theory is that Sifo Dyas was killed by Count Dooku, then Dooku, using Sifo's name went and ordered the clones.
 drallvekk
05-18-2002, 12:20 AM
but he told them his name was obi-wan kenobi! so they were expecting him! the only thing i can come up with is darth rage who might use obiwan kenobi as an alias and looks exactly like obi-wan
 Stealth_Shot
05-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Well correct me if im wrong, I have only seen the movie once so far but- Obiwan enters the building and the Kamino "thing" says "We have been expecting you". Obiwan is completely surprised and says "Really?". Obiwan does not state his name until later when he meets the 2nd Kamino "thing".
 Testicon
05-18-2002, 12:35 AM
how bout this for ya, sifo dyas, maybe sidious..... and how bout palpatine being darth sidious as he is called in the episode 6 ROTJ
but that he didn't really die. i remember obi wan asking yoda about him and yoda gave him that look.
 drallvekk
05-18-2002, 12:37 AM
don,t make me go watch the movie again!
he introduces himself (i'm pretty sure)
 Darth Iroel
05-18-2002, 12:43 AM
Now, who is darth rage?
 drallvekk
05-18-2002, 12:56 AM
darth rage is a (proported) clone of obi-wan kenobi

http://www.aldera.net/Art.html?file=DeFett/3.jpg)

he looks cool
 Zindell
05-18-2002, 2:03 AM
I think she just goes master jedi we've been expecting you.
 z3r0sp1n
05-18-2002, 3:19 PM
what the heck?
there's a darth rage - didn't see that in the movie...
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 3:34 PM
I saw the movie two times...the dialogue goes like this:

K:Master Jedi, the primeminister is expecting you

O:I'm expected?

K:Of course, he is anxious to meet you. After all these years we were beggining to think you weren't coming. Now please this way.

<door opens>

K:May I present Lama Su, primeminister of Kamino. And this is master jedi...

O: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prim: I trust you are going to enjoy your stay. And now to buissness. You will be delighted to hear that we are on schedule. 200 000 untis with more well on the way.

O: Thats.....good news.

Prim: Please tell your master Sifa Dyas that his order will be met on time.

O: I'm sorry master?

Prim: Uhm, Jedi master Sifa Dyas, he still is the member of the jedi council right?

O: Master Sifa Dyas was killed almost ten years ago

Prim: Oh im so sorry to hear that, but im sure he would be proud to hear of the army we built for him.

O:The army?

Prim: Yes the cloned army, and I must say one of the finest we've ever made.

O:Tell me primeminister when my master contacted you abou the army, did he say who it was for?

Prim: This army is for the republic. But you must be anxious to inspect the army.

O: That's why I'm here.....

and so they go.....
 GreenDevil
05-19-2002, 3:48 AM
I was always under the impression that when she said "We've been expecting you" she meant something along the lines that they had been expecting a Jedi representative to come and see the progress of the clones.
 Zindell
05-21-2002, 4:41 PM
no no rage is not in the movie...
 Nebelwerfer_
05-21-2002, 4:59 PM
It sounds like this "darth rage" is from the expanded universe , created by some author in a novel or comic book, if it wasn't created by lucas, then dont bet any money you'll see it in the movies.
Page: 1 of 1