Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Imperial March

Page: 1 of 1
 Yaten
05-17-2002, 5:19 PM
It was pretty awesome that Imperial March made so many appearances in Episode II... but did anyone else notice when it was played at the end that it bared a striking resebelance to 'The Emperor Arrives' from RotJ?

It starts out leading up to the March, then plays one slow verse... then there's a bit of music in between, and then finally the Imperial March is played with full force. I wonder if the similarities were intentional... Implying, perhaps, that Palpatine would have no further opposition during his ascent to the throne of Emperor.
 Paragon_Leon
05-17-2002, 7:49 PM
you can bet money on it that it was intentional...
OF COURSE it was !
Maybe you've noticed the 'slight resemblance' of the Clones with Stormtroopers ? No ? Then lock yourself in a room for three years.
:D
The music played a great part hinting towards the future shape of characters / factions.
 Yaten
05-17-2002, 8:45 PM
I know there's some pretty blatant symbolism of the future involved :p

but I was referring to the name of the song... since it seems that, in effect, the Emperor has arrived.

yay :D

Long Live Emperor Palpatine! Until his unfortunate demise =(

ah well.
 PsychoX
05-18-2002, 4:53 AM
This was the BEST BEST BEST Star Wars scene ever!!!!!!1
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:57 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
you can bet money on it that it was intentional...
OF COURSE it was !
Maybe you've noticed the 'slight resemblance' of the Clones with Stormtroopers ? No ? Then lock yourself in a room for three years.
:D
The music played a great part hinting towards the future shape of characters / factions.

Well I thought that was just the slow conversion from the Army of the Republic into the Imperial Army... suits got more efficient so the designs changed over the (what is it?) 30 years between Ep3 and Ep4?

They are the same soldiers, so it can't be too different. :)

I also liked seeing the early-version Star Destroyers (were they Dreadnaughts or actually early Star Destroyers? I've forgotten most of my Star Wars trivia) lifting off at the end.

The music was in place because that was the symbolic beginning of the Empire... the Galactic Senate has lost its power and Palpatine/Sidious is now in control.

Ah, such wonderful planning those guys did. :D
 Lord Naga Sadow
05-18-2002, 1:35 PM
um the ones in the movie are just Clone troop transports.

they just resemble star destroyers
thus star destroyers cannot enter orbit

however u can expect to see a Victory-Class Star Destroyer in Ep3 (this type can go in orbit) and is developed during the late Clone War Era. So expect to see some Star Destroyers in action :D.
Page: 1 of 1