Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death Star cameo

Page: 1 of 1
 stretch522
05-17-2002, 4:27 PM
Was anyone else a little bit disappointed by the Death Star imagery? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a cool idea. But I thought that according to the expanded universe info, the Death Star was developed by some imperial lackey and Tarkin.

Okay let's see the "EU stuff is not canon" replies. :)
 Vanor
05-17-2002, 4:32 PM
Who's to say it wasn't. Perhaps Tarken was working for Palp/Dokuu even back then.

Or perhaps what they had in Ep2 as more like a mockup, rather then real plans. And Tarken takes the model and makes it.

But there is the point that EU doesn't really mean jack to George when he's making the movies.
 DragonD
05-17-2002, 4:48 PM
I liked the image being in the background, but I believe that it was a bit of overkill to have Count Dooku bring it up again and hold it there for those few seconds. That should have been one of those easter eggs that require people to pay attention to everything on the screen.

D (star material) :)
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 4:50 PM
I agree with Dragon D there was no point in showing it up again....
 Jake
05-17-2002, 4:52 PM
I agree. Dooku waving it around like that was bad. It was great to see it in the background like that.
Page: 1 of 1