Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anakin vs Tyrannous is Ep 3

Page: 1 of 1
 Topdan
05-17-2002, 4:13 PM
It's obvious to me. There is only 2 siths... So as long as Tyrannous is alive, Anakin cannot become Palpatine's apprentice. I hope they will fight. Two siths in a climatic lightsaber battle...

What do you think ?
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 4:37 PM
I THINK PALPATINE GETS TYRANOUS KILLED
OR POSSIBLY KILLS HIM OFF HIMSELF

AND IF ANAKIN DOES KILL HIM IT WILL BE LIKE THE FINAL SHOWDOWN IN ROTJ
 IRG_GhostBear74
05-17-2002, 4:41 PM
Yeah Darth Sidious would probably say to anakin as he was about to kill Tyranous, "Now full fill your destiny and take Tyranous place at my side."
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 4:46 PM
The final shodown in ep 3 it will be obi wan aginst anakin...
 Star ReaVeR
05-17-2002, 7:37 PM
I think 3 is gonna be the most epic movie... although 2 is highest on my list now :D yodayodayoda......
 Paragon_Leon
05-17-2002, 7:46 PM
in terms of drama Ep. 3 will indeed be powerful, but Ep. 6 is extremely dramatic now with Ep. 2 in mind.

I believe Tyranus will be betrayed by Sidious / Palpatine. He will play a big part in Anakin's downfall by maybe taunting him to the dark side, but if Tyranus has a play in Ep. 3, that means we get at least two big duels; Tyranus-Anakin and Obi-Anakin.
 wildheart73
05-17-2002, 8:45 PM
wot about mace and yoda?r they just gonna watch?i surpose boba fetts gonna kill mace(chop his head off)but wot about yoda-no yoda 2 the rescue?
 Naphtali
05-17-2002, 8:58 PM
I thought it would be more likely, that mace would kill Tyrannus, and then Anakin would end up killing mace later on
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 9:03 PM
Yoda vs. Sydious would be cool!
 Stealth_Shot
05-17-2002, 9:35 PM
Tyrannus will hold Padme hostage for some reason. Then when Anakin finds them, Tyrannus will execute her right in front of Anakin. In a fit of anger (anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, that is the path to the dark side) Anakin will kill Tyrannus and take his place at Palpatine's side.
 enDless_Deliriu
05-17-2002, 10:04 PM
I personally think that in Episode 3, at about a bit before halfway we're going to see the fight between Anakin and Tyrannus, in this Anakin will kill Dooku and fully turn to the dark side.

Then, hopefully we'll be treated to several lightsaber fights as Anankin now as an Apprentice of the Sith goes around and does his famous "balancing" of the force. Then, he and Obi Wan should fight at the end, with Obi Wan doing the kick him into a volcano thing that is the cause of the Darth Vader suit. (I am pretty sure thats it)
 MysteriousJedi
05-17-2002, 11:11 PM
quick question. is there any explanation why there can only be 2 sith? why not have 2 masters and 2 apprentices? or is that too easy?
 Stealth_Shot
05-17-2002, 11:21 PM
dont question the system :)

I believe it is a long and complex story, but summed up in a few words- Becuase that is how its been for the last 1000 years!!
 Testicon
05-17-2002, 11:37 PM
i can't wait for the fight between obi and anakin, it's gonna be good
 DarkPraetorian
05-18-2002, 12:53 AM
MysteriousJedi:
The reason there are only 2 Sith comes from way back, about 2000 years before The Phantom Menace. There was a crapload of Sith, but being that they're so power hungry and devious, they brought the order down from the inside. Only one survived (his name was Darth Bane, in case you were wondering), and he set the strict rule of 1 Master, 1 Apprentice. The apprentice isn't going to challenge his master. That's the only way the Sith can exist, so that's how it is.

DP
 Tree
05-18-2002, 1:01 AM
Originally posted by Topdan
It's obvious to me. There is only 2 siths... So as long as Tyrannous is alive, Anakin cannot become Palpatine's apprentice. I hope they will fight. Two siths in a climatic lightsaber battle...

What do you think ?

Obi-wan will kill Dooku.
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:07 AM
I doubt Obi-Wan will kill Tyranis... you hafta remember that in a way, Tyranis has already betrayed his master by revealing to Obi-Wan that the Senate is under the Sith's control... perhaps Tyranis wants to put Sidious out of power and take control of the Sith himself?

Just a guess, but I have a feeling it will end up with Anakin defeating Tyranis to become the new Sith Apprentice...

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of parallels between the two trilogies... just as Palpatine wanted Luke to defeat Vader to become his new apprentive, Palpatine will want Anakin to defeat Tyranis for the same reason.
 Quazme
05-18-2002, 4:45 AM
Originally posted by Testicon
i can't wait for the fight between obi and anakin, it's gonna be good

Same here!!! Anakin vs. Obi Wan will rock... I also would like to see Anakin vs. Windu. :)
 JimtheAssassin
05-19-2002, 8:31 PM
Originally posted by Tree

Obi-wan will kill Dooku.

I seriously doubt Obi-Wan will kill Dooku. Dooku took out Obi 1 on 1, and Obi is already a Jedi Master, arguably at his prime.

Anakin's just a padawan.
 S!l3nc3
05-20-2002, 4:40 AM
I think this will happen in episode 3(wich i think will be ALL action)

1)since it is 10 yrs later boba will get revenge at windu for wat he did to jango
2)anakin turns to the dark side and kills tyranus making him palpatines apprentace(around the middle of the movie)
3)jedis will all die in some way i dont know how this will be a long ass movie lol
4)anakin and obi confrontation
5)obi wan takes luke and leia into hiding and watchs luke on tatoinne
6)end creidts
7)george lucas is dead by this time lol
 RichDiesal
05-20-2002, 5:02 AM
Exactly, he will die during the course of the movie because it will be just that long... :p
 Dark4ces
05-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Okay guys help me out here. My understanding (which may be wrong, most likely is) is that 1,000 years B.B.Y. (before the battle of Yavin, ep4) The "only two" rule for the Sith is made by Darth Bane, the last suriving Sith from the battle of Ruusan.

He decided the old system could no longer work for the Sith since everyone was always after more power and kept trying to stop others from getting more power than themselves. This hurt the Sith's war efforts, since no one would follow the leader. So Bane decided the only way the sith would surive is to have only 1 Dark Lord of the Sith, who would take only one apprentice.

So Palpatine/Sidious is the Sith Lord, but who is the apprentice really? Tyranus or Dooku? Also a friend of mine seems to think Jengo is Tyranus....I dont buy it, but his theory is somewhat stabile other than the fact Mace killed Jengo. Unless that means Tyranus absence in ep3 will be explained somehow?

I am going to go watch ep2 again, right now the "only two" rule has me somewhat confused based on events in ep2. Feel free to set me straight as I admit it all seems confusing to me.

D4
 JimtheAssassin
05-20-2002, 4:12 PM
Dooku and Tyrannus are the same person.
 Funkyhead
05-20-2002, 5:02 PM
I gott two question to you all hardcore fans
though i love star wars since i first saw it around 1990 when i was 6 years old i was not able to find out a single thing

why do the light force warriors do have three different light saber colors ??
mace has a pink one
anakin, qui gon and about half of the "good guys" have green ones
and obi wan as well as the other half of the jedis hav blue sabres

why ??
i cant imagine any sort of rank determined by the sword color because obi wan has a blue one and his padawan anakin has a green one. but obi wans old master qui gon has also a green one

and my second question is:
where do you fellas get all the information about some ancient thousand year old sith masters from ???

---
by the way: i agree with ones opinion that anakin will fight dokou and that mace will be killed by boba fett.
obi wan will proboably fight (maybe side by side with yoda) against either annie or palpatine or even both

(sorry about my english but i am austrian and thus german native speaking)

greets Funkyhead
 RichDiesal
05-20-2002, 5:07 PM
Saber color depends entirely on the type of crystal that is implanted into the hilt... it has no meaning whatsoever in terms of rank. And Mace's is purple, fyi. :p

The only saber-related thing that determines rank is a gilded (gold lined) saber handle (I forget the word for it) but that means you are on the Jedi Council.

And all the info about the past comes from the books that have been written taking place after Episode 6 (and a few beforehand)... Luke finds things colled Holocubes with wealths of information amassed by the Jedi which teach him (and thus, us) stuff about the Old Republic.

And I dunno if Obi Wan will fight with Sidious or not... I have a feeling they'll all just run away after the Republic starts to crumble.

Dooku and Tyrannus are the same person.
That is correct. Tyrannus is Dooku is the Apprentice.
 Funkyhead
05-20-2002, 6:12 PM
thanks

i just read an article on

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/anakinskywalker/index.html)

saying:
Sustaining grievous injuries at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader required cybernetic enhancements and replacements to sustain him. His pure innocent self seemingly lost forever, Darth Vader cast a dark pall over the galaxy, as he was one of the foremost agents responsible for the elimination of the Jedi order.

this at least answeres the question if obi wan will fight anakin in ep3

would you mind posting the names of the books you mentionend ??

greets funkyhead
 Naphtali
05-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Likely since Anankin and Palpatine have a friendship, palpatine would massage his ego and inspire him to fight Dokuu to end the clone wars thus playing on Anakins arrogance.
At this Doukoo will realize hes being betrayed so he will exploit palpatiene to the jedi who then will consider showing mercy to Doukoo but Anakin will kill him before hand thus pushing his battle with Obiwan.
Palpatiene will declare himself emperor before the jedi can do anything, then palpatine will use the clones to attack the jedi who will be exhausted after the war, along with bounty hunters,other sith followers, supporters of the empire, and haters of jedi.
 te necabo
05-21-2002, 2:21 AM
lightsaber color depends on the crystal inside but Mace Windu has an electrum lightsaber not a crystal light saber this is what gives it its purple color I'd assume. - go to www.starwars.com) and watch the episode 2 commercials for this info- other jedi it lists as having crystal lightsabers but mace it lists an electrum lightsaber
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 2:39 AM
If you listen to the sound you will know that Windu is using the electrum one. However the thing that is troubeling me is that Yoda's sabre has a sound almost to the one of the Sith...why....?
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by te necabo
lightsaber color depends on the crystal inside but Mace Windu has an electrum lightsaber not a crystal light saber this is what gives it its purple color I'd assume. - go to www.starwars.com) and watch the episode 2 commercials for this info- other jedi it lists as having crystal lightsabers but mace it lists an electrum lightsaber

Actually, that's not right... an electrum handle is simply one that is gilded, signifying placement in the Jedi Council... there was a thread on specifically that somewhere on this forum, but I don't know where it is now...
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:23 AM
If you can dig it up I'd be mostly grateful...
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 3:28 AM
Sheesh, not that hard. I just clicked page 2 of the topics and did a text search for "electrum". :p

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=54554)
Page: 1 of 1