Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

about qui gon in episode 2...

Page: 1 of 1
 Hellriaser/ Ani
05-17-2002, 4:10 PM
i didnt really get wat exactly count dooku meant when he said something about qui gon to obi wan...that he knew something.....does that mean qui gon was goin to join him????????????....................Guess have to watch d movie again.................and also they didtn really explain why qui gons body didnt dissappear ...
 Perniciosus
05-17-2002, 4:13 PM
Dooku was talking about Qui-Gon because Qui-Gon was a free thinker - one who didn't always do exactly what the Jedi Council demanded, as was proven by his insistance on taking Anakin as a Padawan even after Yoda said no.

Dooku was telling Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon knew of the corruption of the government and Dooku believed Qui-Gon would have joined Dooku's cause if he knew the 'truth'...

Basically it's a "lets screw with Obi-Wan's mind" kind of thing.
 Hellriaser/ Ani
05-17-2002, 4:28 PM
but they didnt explain why his body didnt disappear when he died.....:confused:
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 4:42 PM
I THINK BODIES ONLY DISAPPEAR

WHEN THE JEDI ACCEPTS HIS DEATH

OBIWAN LET VADER KILL HIM ACEPTING HIS FATE

YODA BASICALLY KNEW HE WAS ABOUT TO DIE AND ACEPTED IT

VADER KNEW ACCEPTED HIS FATE TO AS A JEDI

QUIGON - DIED FIGHTING

VADER'S MASK AND SUIT WAS BRUNED IN ROTJ

IF YOU VANISH YOU BECOME A GHOST THINGY

I HAD A POINT IN THERE SOMEWHERE
 Hal_Horn
05-17-2002, 5:09 PM
Qui Gon was Dooku's padawan. That is where he got his independant, rebellious attitude from.
 Djinn Altis
05-17-2002, 5:38 PM
Okay heres the deal. If you listen carefully, Dooku is count Dooku because he once was a Jedi. The reason for him being called a sepertist is due to the fact that he left the Jedi Council because he knew of the corruption in the senate, but no longer had any support due to Qui Gons death. Dooku then goes forward to train in the dark side, my reason for this is the exact same reason Luke does it in the books. Luke trains under a clone of the emperor because he feels he can use the dark side for the rightful cause. Same thing with Dooku. I know this for a fact because if you go read the review for Episode II @ ign.com, the reviewer talks of a scene dealing with Dooku and Amidala talking about Dooku's plan to overthrow Palpatine. Do you see what im getting at here? Dooku knows what is up with the whole senate and all, and he is purposely tricking Palpatine to try to overthrow him. The Jedi Council thinks his idea is way too radical, so therefore, to actually follow through on ridding the senate of Palpatine, he decides he needs ther power of the darkside to do so. Think it through, and I believe you will agree with me. It totaly makes sense why Dooku talks to Obi about all the stuff he does.
 Leagle
05-17-2002, 7:38 PM
But I don't believe it is ideals... he wants to take over. He wanted Obi-Wan to side with him, to be his apprentice. He trys this by bringing up the Sidious is Palpy speech, (Palpatine has nothing to gain by this, it is obviously Dooku's plot.) and mentioning that Qui-Gonn would listen to his former master and understand. By this he hopes to win him over. (Like Yoda trying to stop Luke going to Bespin, Ben shows up and he says "Yes, yes, to Obi-Wan you listen."

Qui-Gon was a maverick, and Obi-Wan knows this. He knows his former master would not join Dooku however -he has heard Dooku talking earlier: he wants war. Obi-Wan knows that Dooku is up to know good, and that it is just a ruse.

He does, however suspect that Dooku might have spoken the truth, a bit like Vader to Luke: "...Rule the Galaxy as father and son, etc." He wants to kill Palpatine and hbe re-united with his long lost son. (Only cath? He's evil! Just like Dooku!)
 Keiran Halcyon
05-17-2002, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by boba fett c3po
is it just me or did i hear qui gonn jelling ANAKIN NO!!!!!!!!!!
i think it was right after his nightmare ะท

Yes you herad it. Just when anakind kill the last tusken, we go to see yoda meditating or having a vision, Qui-Gon yells that.
Page: 1 of 1