Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cool

Page: 1 of 1
 Saiyan22
05-17-2002, 11:38 AM
In fact, crafting has undergone another change: You don't increase your skill by churning yout items. Rather, your character improves the more people use your items. If you make a rifle, sell it to someone, and log off, you can log back on and get an experience-point dump based on how often your customer shot things. "It's result oriented", commented Koster.
http://swg-de.emr.net/a26.php)
The poster lists the benefits for each species:

Human: can advance through Imperial military with no penalty
Zabrak: mind-related bonuses, especially willpower, slight resitance to poison, Tattoos
Mon Calamari: swimming speed, increased vision underwater, no combat penalties underwater, can survive longer underwater, mental attrib bonuses, penalties in hot/dry conditions.
Twilek: head-tail language, bonuses to dancing effects, bonus to focus attributes.
Wookiee: physical bonuses, build/use traditional weapons, can't speak basic, negative modifiers when dealing with Trandoshan NPCs.
Rodian: quickness bonus, bonuses to bounty hunting and smuggling
Trandoshan: physical bonuses, claws provide extra damage in unarmed combat, no penalties for fighting or using skills at night, negative reaction with Wookiee NPCs.
Bothan: slicing and investigation bonuses, action-related attribute bonuses.

heh, the link to the article is in the middle of those 2 ;)
 Zendjir
05-17-2002, 1:34 PM
yeah, that all sounds really cool to me :)!
This is a great step for creating a player run economy, I luvs it.
 MikeC
05-17-2002, 1:49 PM
The crafting thing is REALLY old news.
 Zendjir
05-17-2002, 1:53 PM
yeah :) for you it is. I have heard rumors about it, but didn't knew for sure.
 Saiyan22
05-17-2002, 2:49 PM
yeah, it may be old news, but i was under the impression that you got exp. pts for selling items, now you get more and more exp every time they use it
 Ascari
05-17-2002, 6:35 PM
Originally posted by Saiyan22
yeah, it may be old news, but i was under the impression that you got exp. pts for selling items, now you get more and more exp every time they use it

Guess i will be giving an extra ammo pack free with my guns :)
 setsuko
05-17-2002, 8:11 PM
That also means that using your own selfmade equipment would grant you xp both for using it (as per normal), and for having your equipment used, aight?
 Lord Helmet
05-17-2002, 9:08 PM
im just gonna sell it to my firend one hundred times and i can MAke him use it alot MUAHAHAH..hehe
Page: 1 of 1