Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My two cents

Page: 1 of 1
 dvader28
05-17-2002, 10:05 AM
Well....

I went to see AOTC at 13:45 on thursday. When it finished, i went straight to the box office and bought a ticket for the 16:30 showing.

IMHO, it was great. So far, the main complaints seem to be that the acting was poor, and it was too hard to follow for non-fans.
First off...who goes to see Star Wars for the acting? And secondly, the acting was fine anyway! Admittedly, Nat Portman was a tad plank-like in places, but overall, it was pretty good..Hayden Christensen probably gave the most solid acting performance of the lot.
Secondly, the intercutting was never that complex. Nothing was in there that a fan would understand better than a non-fan. Certainly a fan will get more out of the film as the links between the original trilogy and the prequels begin to show themselves.

I personally think this is the second best Star Wars film after Empire. It has a good, fast paced, action packed story line, beautifully choreographed fight scenes, superb music, incredible CG (how great is that first landing shot...those reflections were perfect!), and, above all, it's Star Wars. I say well done to Uncle George for pulling us out of the sticky goo of Episode I and thrusting us into the fresh breeze of Episode II.

:vadar:
 Bredamo
05-09-2003, 9:33 AM
I think That AOTC iS THE BEST and that ESB is 2nd so i guess i think reversal to u.
 Lynk Former
05-09-2003, 10:05 AM
and you also like to dig up ancient threads it seems...
 wassup
05-10-2003, 2:20 AM
Uh :eyeraise:
 boinga1
05-10-2003, 9:38 PM
wtf (that's Why The ****) did this ever get dug up?

We got ourselves an archaeologist here, boys!
 dark jedi 8
05-11-2003, 10:44 PM
umm. yeah.... is someone gonna close this?
 Lynk Former
05-12-2003, 12:32 AM
yeah might as well, consider it closed

myu!
Page: 1 of 1