Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who wants to see Sideous vs Yoda in Episode III?

Page: 1 of 1
 DemonKing
05-17-2002, 7:20 AM
So far we have only seen Yoda's awesome powers....

Give the Dark Side a go!

Show us what the DARK LORD OF THE SITH can do Lucas!
 felony
05-17-2002, 9:51 AM
Darth Sidious is a clone of Yoda, and Dooku is Anakin's father.
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 10:02 AM
I want to see that too!
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 10:32 AM
i always thought yoda and sidious looked familiar its quite funny you said that. When you see the emperors face on the imager when its really huge the first time palpatine looks somewhat alien with his green complection and his large eyes with big long eyelids. Seeing that always made me think of yoda.
 AKPiggott
05-17-2002, 12:12 PM
I think Yoda combat should be limited to Episode II... if we see him fighting in Episode III, it'll be less unique and special... not so much a defining point of the film... kind of like when DOTF played on Tatooine in Episode II, it should've just stayed in the Episode I duel.
 Yaten
05-17-2002, 1:00 PM
While I simply loved Attack of the clones, I do agree that Duel of the Fates should NOT have been played in Episode II... ESPECIALLY just while Anakin was racing across the desert on the Swoop. Thats my biggest complaint about the mive. To me, that was Darth Maul's music... the lyrics were the same lyrics that were whispered every time you saw Darth Maul not in battle.... when I first heard the Soundtrack, I was thinking to myself... ummm... Darth Maul is not in this movie... whats going on here?
 vizor
08-03-2002, 7:02 AM
thats bull#### felony....
im sorry but how can sidious be a clone of yoda when he is a human.
and how can dooku be anakins father if shmi sayed in ep.1
that "she dont knowed what happend"
 Sith Inquisitor
08-03-2002, 7:32 AM
Originally posted by felony
Darth Sidious is a clone of Yoda, and Dooku is Anakin's father.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

So, you can take a sheep and clone it into a lion, is that what you are saying you believe is possible?:rolleyes:

I think not.
 MotionMan
08-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by felony
Darth Sidious is a clone of Yoda.
:lol:
 Irishman26
08-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Yaten
I do agree that Duel of the Fates should NOT have been played in Episode II... ESPECIALLY just while Anakin was racing across the desert on the Swoop. Thats my biggest complaint about the mive. To me, that was Darth Maul's music... the lyrics were the same lyrics that were whispered every time you saw Darth Maul not in battle.... when I first heard the Soundtrack, I was thinking to myself... ummm... Darth Maul is not in this movie... whats going on here?

U 4get that Mauls music= sith music, the music was showing anakins fall 2 the darkside.
 Legacy_Of_Sith
08-03-2002, 1:23 PM
As I have stated many times, I hope Sidious fights with a sabre in EP III, but not against Yoda. Because the loser of that will lose too much of their credibility. Sidious should fight Mace Windu, because we KNOW he's going to die. That way Sidious will look very powerful and Mace would die in a blaze of glory.
 ET Warrior
08-03-2002, 2:02 PM
I had no problem with Duel of the fates in AotC. In fact, i was all for it. I thoght it sounded awesome. You must realize that star wars music doesn't belong to any one character. It crosses the movies. I think it's GREAT when songs from the other movies are bridged into the new ones. Like when Luke and leias theme from the OT was playing when anakin was just leaving the lars to find his mum. AWESOME!
 Jedi_Monk
08-04-2002, 12:48 PM
SW is one complete saga; it's not the PT vs. the OT. That said, I think Lucas should save the best for last. Sidious is just standing around in the shadows and everyone is wondering "boy, I wonder what THAT guy can do!" and they don't find out til the end... the end, of course, is RotJ. So I'm hoping we see no Sidious action in SW3 ;)

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg)
 Exar Kun II
08-04-2002, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by Legacy_Of_Sith
As I have stated many times, I hope Sidious fights with a sabre in EP III, but not against Yoda. Because the loser of that will lose too much of their credibility. Sidious should fight Mace Windu, because we KNOW he's going to die. That way Sidious will look very powerful and Mace would die in a blaze of glory.

I agree. Yoda has to maintain his aura of strength. I think that Yoda will journey to Naboo to assist Obi-Wan with Anakin. While they are gone from Coruscant, Palpatine declares himself emperor. Mace Windu tries to stop him and dies. I've always believed that when the Jedi purge began, Obi-Wan and Yoda were away from Coruscant.:D
 Legacy_Of_Sith
08-04-2002, 9:12 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk
SW is one complete saga; it's not the PT vs. the OT. That said, I think Lucas should save the best for last. Sidious is just standing around in the shadows and everyone is wondering "boy, I wonder what THAT guy can do!" and they don't find out til the end... the end, of course, is RotJ. So I'm hoping we see no Sidious action in SW3 ;)

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg)

Yeah but he didn't really do that much in EP 6. All he did was blast Luke with 1 min of lightning and then he gets chucked down a huge pit by his own lackey. In Ep 2 Count Dooku shoots lightning out of his fingers with relative ease, so we know it doesn't require that much skill. If we saw how deadly he was with a sabre then he'd truly look like he owns the place.
 Woad
08-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I had no problem with Duel of the fates in AotC. In fact, i was all for it. I thoght it sounded awesome. You must realize that star wars music doesn't belong to any one character. It crosses the movies. I think it's GREAT when songs from the other movies are bridged into the new ones. Like when Luke and leias theme from the OT was playing when anakin was just leaving the lars to find his mum. AWESOME!

To continue with that though: It appears for the definitive version of the entire saga on DVD Lucas is going back and lacing more of the music throughout all the Episodes. For instance the Imperial March will likely make an appearance in ANH, or Duel of the Fates might start up during the climactic battle in RoTJ.
 ET Warrior
08-05-2002, 12:07 AM
as long as he puts John Williams in charge of deciding where certain bits of music go, i think that's a pretty cool idea.....
 Woad
08-05-2002, 12:09 AM
as long as he puts John Williams in charge of deciding where certain bits of music go, i think that's a pretty cool idea.....

Actually, as I remember it, that is exactly what he plans on doing. The music, after all, is completely William's baby. :D
 Arkum
08-05-2002, 12:36 AM
DOTF is awesome!!

Really made the battle bet ween Qui-gon, Obi-wan, a nd Darth MAul awesome!!!!
 MotionMan
08-05-2002, 2:05 PM
Everything JW has done for the SW movies is awsome.
 ET Warrior
08-07-2002, 2:22 AM
Indeed.....John Williams is an amazingly wonderfully talented composer..Wow!

I think Sideous should fight Yoda....just because it would be a major clash of the titans....the two best of the best. Dark vs. Light. We would truly see which side is more powerful :D (yoda would win)
 MotionMan
08-07-2002, 3:11 AM
(yoda would win)

Not if all of Sidious's clones Jump Yoda at the same time;)
 Taos
08-07-2002, 10:42 AM
Even though I'm all about the jedi.....I think that we're going to see the real power of the sith in this one. I'm in agreement with those who think that Sidious will fight Mace Windu rather than Yoda. I think Exar Kun II is absolutely right....Obi-wan and Yoda will be gone dealing with Anakin and then the sith are going to kick some #*^

:emperor: :dsaber: :lightning

:(
 EffJi
08-08-2002, 12:23 PM
I hope a bunch of jedis will attack Sidius (4 5 at most) and he just pushes them away, chokes one of them and fries them with elecricity.
I don't want sidius to use a saber, it doesn't seem to be his kind of weapon. He should be able to hold his own with just the force.

We will not see a sidius vs yoda fight since they reprecent the dark and light side, if yoda wins the light side is stronger and vice versa.
 Woad
08-08-2002, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by EffJi
I hope a bunch of jedis will attack Sidius (4 5 at most) and he just pushes them away, chokes one of them and fries them with elecricity.
I don't want sidius to use a saber, it doesn't seem to be his kind of weapon. He should be able to hold his own with just the force.

We will not see a sidius vs yoda fight since they reprecent the dark and light side, if yoda wins the light side is stronger and vice versa.

I agree with you completely. I see physical combat as beneath Sidious, I think it's more likely he'll just throw some force lightning at any Jedi who messes with him. Besides, it would look far more badass that way :D
 ET Warrior
08-08-2002, 2:36 PM
One thing about a bunch of jedi attacking Sideous and him force pushing them away....i dont think he could push them all before one of them got close enough to him to kill him. From everything we've seen in the movies it requires hand motions to use the force, to push someone you must push your hand in their direction, to mind trick you must wave your hand, you must extend your hands to do lightning and hold your hand with your fingers close together to force choke. So if the jedi all came in from different sides, like they should..then sideous would have to turn and push and spin and whatnot, just to push em all away. then if he was choking one, one of his hands would be occupied, and if he was using lightning on another, there goes his other hand....and then the rest of the jedi are free to cut his head off!

I think we should see sideous versus Yoda...to establish once and for all that the light side of the force is indeed stronger! :D
 Legacy_Of_Sith
08-08-2002, 4:46 PM
As much as i love Sidious, if he were to fight Yoda i'deither want it to be a tie or have Sisious lose.
 MotionMan
08-08-2002, 8:16 PM
As long as he is in action I dont care if he fights Jar Jar.......well screw that not Jar Jar. Anyone else though:)
 ET Warrior
08-08-2002, 10:27 PM
How about R2 versus sideous....Sideous can use his force lightning, and R2 can use his little electric prod.......:D
 MotionMan
08-09-2002, 2:27 AM
C-3PO vs. Jar Jar
"Battle of the wusses"
:D
 sexcellent
08-09-2002, 4:55 AM
i agree with everyone who says sidious should not use a saber. it is just not in his character, in my opinion.

he cant fight yoda, because i think yoda would kill him too easilly. he probably doesnt "fight" anyone, but kills plenty of jedi before they fight him with his dark uses of the force

Exar Kun II -good point about yoda and obi being away from coruscant. i never thought of that idea.
 Master Bodle
08-13-2002, 4:48 PM
I think a Lightsaber dual between Sidious and Yoda would be awesome. A fight between Windu and Dooku would also be good fight. Come on Lucas make it happen !!!
 Darth Damage
08-16-2002, 1:58 AM
sidious vs yoda is a must be cause it will explain why yoda and obi wan cant go in a destroy the emperor and vader, if there will be a lightsaber fight i dont want it to be like EP2, yoda vs dooku i want it to be very dramatic and exciting like luke vs vader in ROTJ, instead of yoda looking like he is on speed fighting dooku!
 Darth Damage
08-16-2002, 1:59 AM
it makes yoda look like a ****in cartoon(wait he was, wasnt he?) LUCAS DONT MAKE YODS LOOK LIKE A JOKE!!!
 MotionMan
08-16-2002, 2:53 AM
Let me get this straight-Yoda is the most powerfull Jedi around, and he has to move like a turtle?
He moves slow cause of his age. He is very powerfull with the force. He used the force to enhance his abilitys(Speed,movement agilit,y ect).
 Taos
08-16-2002, 11:01 PM
I think Sideous is too powerful to need to use a saber....

If Yoda moves like a turtle well, I'd like to move that slow as well:)
 ET Warrior
08-17-2002, 11:40 AM
You thought Yoda looked like a joke darth damage? I thought he looked ****** awesome! I was so excited when he pulled out that saber and started flippin and jumpin and kickin dooku's ace!
 Khier
08-21-2002, 5:07 AM
I for one don't think Yoda vs. Sidious will happen because Sidious was given EMERGENCY powers, it would take time to properly wield and effectively use a saber (and i jus don't think it would be his thing to use one)

:lightning :syoda:
:disaprove
 ET Warrior
08-21-2002, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG b
I for one don't think Yoda vs. Sidious will happen because Sidious was given EMERGENCY powers, it would take time to properly wield and effectively use a saber (and i jus don't think it would be his thing to use one)

:lightning :syoda:
:disaprove

Ummmmm...........what? :confused: :confused:
 MotionMan
08-21-2002, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by BIG b

What in blazez are you trying to say?

http://www.researchpapers.net/research%20papers%20confused.gif)
 Khier
08-21-2002, 8:35 PM
Umm.... well i know that Sidious was given emergency powers (maybe im wrong that it takes time to use a saber if that is what you are confused about)
But the point is: I don't think Sidious would use a saber (meaning he would rely on lightning and choking and such)
Simplified: Sidious no use saber, Sidious no like use saber, Sidious like lightning, fry jedi :p

Hope this clears up the confusion :)
 MotionMan
08-21-2002, 8:45 PM
How do you know that Sidious is not a master swordsman?
He has been practicing the sith arts in secret. He did train Maul.
 ET Warrior
08-22-2002, 12:10 AM
oh dear, are you thinking that his Emergency powers are Sith Powers? IF so.....................wow.
The emergency powers are political powers. The ability to say what must be done for the republic and nobody can say no. Has nothing to do with his sith skills.........
 Khier
08-22-2002, 3:53 AM
OK OK. Points taken. :wstupid:

Now I shall only say my opinion and my opinion only (I hope I don't humiliate myself further)

I don't think Sidious will use a saber in ep.III.

NOW am i understandable?:p
 ET Warrior
08-22-2002, 11:55 PM
Of course, i understand perfectly now ;)
 ckcsaber
08-23-2002, 6:55 PM
Ep 3 is going to be full of duels!!
 DocBledsoe
09-05-2002, 10:58 PM
I know this thread is old but alot of you are missing some important points. Surely yoda would not fight sideous. Yoda cant die in ep 3. A tie would look far too much like ep 2 as would the emperor cowering. Neither yoda or palpatine can fight b/c one would end up looking poor.

That said lucas has already destroyed the magic of ROTJ (lightning). Perhaps he will take this destruction to a new level and make the emperor or yoda look weaker than the other in ep 3.

Mace is going to be destroyed by Bobba Fett. To think that the younger Fett wont be unbelieveably involved after MAce cut his fathers head off and then the long camera shot of him holding his father's helmet....Master Windu's ticket has been punched.

I only wish there was some hint of Dooku betraying everyone and starting a Sith Army like the Jedi Council in the far reaches of space. Dooku being this powerful would not only give reason for Episode 7 but explain why a Sith Apprentice could stare down Yoda and live to see the next day...(oh and use the lighting power that was once so special).

Speaking of Lucas blunders, showing Jabba in Star Wars SE and Episode I really takes away from Jabba in Episode 3.

Any replies to this that go into the psychology or training of Dooku or the "recklessness" of Darth Maul need to be saved for someone who cares. Star Wars isn't shakespeare, dont break it down like George orchestrated hidden messages throughout these movies. Your children (those of you that have the chance to reproduce) will not be reading GL screen plays in high school. And Episode 1 did stink. It was a good movie, but not good in the way that older star wars fans expected. The fate of the force being dependant on a pod race was nuts.

Keep your replies to the face value of the movie. If it wasn't mentioned or seen in the movies I don't care. While any art is open to interpretation, I don't want to hear yours.
 ET Warrior
09-05-2002, 11:25 PM
:wstupid:

although i do agree, so stupid of Lucas to actually tie the movies together by adding like elements. I mean, they should all be completely separate with NO similarities, or same characters. Because that's just retarded. I mean, it's not like they take place in the same locations, making it likely for you to run into people that we've seen before. And it's stupid to think that dark-side lightning could possibly be used by anyone BUT the emperor. :roleyess:

:oAnd anywho, i dont care about your opinion because i know docbledsoe to be another one of the ridiculous identities of our good friend Holo-Sidious..even though you promised to leave forever, and never come back and you've come back several times, and then said you'd be gone forever........... again....*sigh*

(I told you we'd never be rid of him!) ;)
 DocBledsoe
09-05-2002, 11:50 PM
That's the second time you pinned that name on me Sunny-Jim and you are ignorantly mistaken. I signed up for this through www.jediknightii.net) to vote on models.

In all truth I had no interest in the Jedi films until Episode one. I then became what I thought was a SW fanatic only to find out that I am nothing more than an average fan when placed next to fans who refer to characters as if they exist and make comments on the intricate workings of a lightsaber or blaster as if they engineered them.

I also remember your poor sarcasm and unthought out replies from the other thread I posted to. I did promise to leave that thread, but every once in a while...I feel the need to speak.

My other responses were those surrounding the arena scene and the alleged "look" of Mace.

Despite being a fan that watches the holy triology every month or two, I am ashamed to be apart of these discussions and often limit myself to the ones I find the most outrageous.

I am not some hated worm on the nerd forum spouting stupid opinions to get some attention (which Holo obviously must be). I am not the guy that argues with him or banishes him with my superior knowledge of Stars Wars gained while watching Empire when I should have been at Prom or in College (you).

I am the real docbledsoe. And you have once agained ruined my interest in a very interesting forum about a topic I feel strongly about.

:firemad:
 ET Warrior
09-06-2002, 9:12 AM
I remember now, sorry for the confusion, i forgot....you're the one who tried to tell us all that Yoda had gone to the darkside....:roleyess:

The funny thing about your insults are that they don't even apply to me, i know a lot about star wars, yes. But i also am on the tennis team, goto many of the dances (Even though i dont really like dancing...) and maintain a 4.0 GPA :D

Sorry about my sarcasm, it's what i'm best known for......

And i'm really sorry that i ruined your interest in this thread, i feel terrible
Page: 1 of 1