Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics In Clone Campaigns

Page: 1 of 1
 Kagami
05-17-2002, 6:30 AM
Frankly, I wished Lucasarts would come out with a spanking new engine for the s.w strategy games!!! The GRAPHiCs in G.B SUCKED TO THE MAX!!!! I mean the at-at walked like it got something STucked up its A** so i have To ASK THIS QUESTION, Are the graphics and animation better in the expansion????:confused:
 DarthMaulUK
05-17-2002, 6:39 AM
Although there's some improvement, overall, the graphics and artwork are the same due to the game engine used.

DMUK
www.galacticbattles.com/clonecampaigns)
Your Clone Campaign info centre.
 Kagami
05-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Argh, but are the animations for the mechs better? Or do they still have arthritis?
 Calenstein
05-22-2002, 4:11 AM
Hah I know what you mean, bro.

But see, if they insert more animation frames into the game, that'll require players to have better systems, and well that cuts the userbase a bit.

Now you may bring up something like "Oh come on, who even has less than a 400mhz or whatever!" ... but actually there's still a big amount of general users who have low-end systems and buy these mainstream games.

Besides that, probably the timing, trajectories, speeds, etc for the game would have to be re-worked if there were more animation frames.

Bottomline though, I think that LucasArts was looking for an A-to-B solution to fill a genre in their library (true RTS for Star Wars), and weren't looking to revolutionize the RTS genre. That's obvious, choosing the AOE(2) engine... which is pretty old by now.

I think they did a great job. They used a solid and proven engine, and the game is addictive. The game is extremely polished and it's another quality product from LucasArts.

BTW, was it LucasArts who actually developed it? heh.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-22-2002, 4:32 AM
No, Lucasarts publish.
 Dvlos
05-22-2002, 1:18 PM
Ensemble who made AOK2 made the exp and the main game...

Who knows if Lucasarts loves us, they may use the 3d Age Of Mythology engine Ensemble is producing or the Warcraft III (I doubt it blizzard doesnt sell their stuff) for Star Wars: We Own Your Momma the next in the RTS series..

As it stands SWGB is a great game I just hope they keep making 3d shooters, sims, and RTS for the SW license.
 Calenstein
05-22-2002, 2:11 PM
I don't like 3d RTS's because they always design then so that you have to move your view around a lot. They should have a mode that locks the view to standard 2d RTS angle... some games already have that, but it doesn't work right for some reason.

"No, Lucasarts publish."

Yes, LucasArts published it... but who is the actual dev team? I ask because lately LucasArts has been contracting some games to external dev teams (e.g. Jedi Outcast made by Raven).
Page: 1 of 1