Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you expect from Episode 3?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 12:10 AM
I know it's too early but I think it's interesting anyway, seeing what fans expect afeter episode 2. I excpect the following things:

1) Anakin falling to dark side (obvious)
2) Anakin killing Darth Tyranus
3) Anakin fighting obi wan after killing in rage Darth tyranus
4) jedi's genocide
5) Padme Dying (even if it's obvious I think that it will happen, since she doesn`t appears in episode 4, whether it will be a drammatic death or just a hinted one I don`t know yet)
 Zaarin
05-17-2002, 12:25 AM
When I first heard that Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were being made, all those years ago, I've been hanging out for episode 3. It should be the best.

The other thing I heard is that when the first trilogy is complete George is going to go back to the second trilogy and add new scenes to it, to make it tie in with the first trilogy better.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 1:09 AM
I expect the final scene of the movie to show Obi-Wan delivering baby Luke to Owen & Beru Lars. Personnally, I hope they don't show Vader at all. It would totally ruin the dynamic of Episodes IV and V.
 Stan_Tencza
05-17-2002, 1:21 AM
I foresee:

The joining of the clone army and the Separatists. Thus- forming the Empire.

Yoda and Ben going into hiding after ensuring the safety of baby Luke and Leia.

The relationship between Anakin and Palpatine 'budding'.

The change from DROID fighters to TIE fighters.

Continuance of the 'plans' kept away from the Republic.
 Aiee
05-17-2002, 1:22 AM
Anakin vs Mace Windu in a duel.

Hey, he's supposed to be second only to master Yoda with a saber, yet by Ep4, all jedi but Obi-Wan and Yoda were killed. I'd say Anakin is the man for the job to kill off Mace.
 patchx
05-17-2002, 2:11 AM
amidala is gonna die for sure

thats what will send anakin over the edge

see the way he was saying all that stuff at his mums funeral where he wasnt gonna let the death of a loved one happen again and stuff?

amidala is all he's got left to love and when palpy organizes her death (at the hands of dooku no doubt) anakin will turn to the darkside and rip him a new bunghole.
just as anakin kills dooku obi wan will show up and anakin still in a rage and blaming obi wan for holding him back (and therefore for amidala's death) will attack him and even though he will kick obi wans ass there will be some sort of mishap during the fight where anakin falls into whatever stuff burns him and stuff.

then palpy will express his deepest sympathies to anakin without telling him that dooku was working for him all along and anakin, now already steeped in the darkside will sign on the dotted line and become the new Sith apprentice

-patch
 Ralleous_Dyr
05-17-2002, 2:17 AM
Again, impossible because Leia remembered her real mother as beautiful but always sad.
 patchx
05-17-2002, 2:25 AM
that could have been a holo recording that she saw when she was young or a force vision dream thing that she had when she was small like anakins visions he had as a boy where he saw himself as a jedi and stuff

or maybe amidala gets sliced by dooku and she looks really dead but after the obi wan anakin fight obi wan notices shes breathing and manages to keep her alive

she hangs on for a couple of years and then dies but anakin thinks shes already dead which would explain why he doesnt go looking for luke or leia ever becasue he thinks they died unborn with amidala

-patch
 Zealot888
05-17-2002, 4:51 AM
-Obi Wan hides their kids, takes Luke to uncle Owen's.
-Jedi counsil discovers darth sidious and departs from the republic perhaps, thus causing the need to exterminate them as they are no longer on his side.
-Dooku obviously dies, but not necessarily by Anikin.
-Anakin is terribly crippled almost left dead and the emperor saves him.
-Darth Maul is still dead (Lucas you ninny, should have killed him off in episode 2)
-The trade federation obviously gets its ass kicked and turns into the rebel alliance of distant colonies, small civilizations, and ultimately a band of rebels/resisters/terrorists.
-Yoda flees to Degobah
-Kenobi stays with Luke at Tatooine
-the death star begins construction by the end of III
-ultimately you are left with no hope, hence Star Wars 4's title

Palpitine is going to manipulate Anakin and turn him against the jedi counsil. Anakin already resents all of them, and now with a secret wife, it only adds to the tension. This will also be Anakin's most badass time of his life. But after a great conflict with from what I've heard, Obi won, perhaps also with somebody like Mace, he will be defeated and almost left dead. But before this point, he will be far more powerful than he ever was in his suit. We might see some serious aggression and mass force domination with the berserk anakin. WOOT! Vader wasn't nearly as powerful as Anakin was before the suit. Most of his natural body was destroyed. He's gonna hunt down every freakin jedi Tombstone style, probably because Palpitine will have gotten him to believe that they were responsible, related, or something to Padme's death.

Dammit Lucas hurry up! And when you're done with 3 start episode VII with Luke's new jedi academy, Grand Admiral Thrawn's reign, etc.
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 5:05 AM
1. In ROTJ palpatine wants luke to kill vader
so he can take his place next to the emperor
(wants a more powerful ally)
2. it would show the palpatine's ruthlessness
3. Anakin wasnt strong enough to kill dooku before
and yoda had a rough time too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~other stuff~~~~~~~~

- at the end of 3 the only jedi left are obiwan and yoda

- obiwan and anakin have a saber fight
 nubby
05-17-2002, 6:13 AM
Yoda did not have a rough time lol. He saved Anakin and Ben. Dooku is a pussy and cant fight worth a ****. Is it just me or does Jedi Outcast make you see how much each of the jedi really suck except for a few like yoda and Darth.
 GamerStryfe
05-17-2002, 6:13 AM
One thing that you have to remember about Leia mentioning her "real" mother, is that she could have been mistaken. It's possible that she was unaware that who she thought was her real mother was in actuality an adopted one, after all, if she was old enough to have memories of her mother, she would probably know that she had a twin brother.

Or I could be wrong, perhaps Leia is actually portrayed in Episode III, it's not completely impossible.

I do believe that Padme will be killed in Episode III, and it will most likely be Obi-Wan's or another Jedi's fault. Anakin killed those Tuscan's at the loss of his mother...it would only make sense that he would kill the Jedi at the loss of his true love.

Any way you look at it, Episode III will not be a happy film. Like it or not, that's how the story goes.
 Wossname
05-17-2002, 7:05 AM
My guess is that the droids will have their memories erased after Luke and Leia are 'hidden' (or 3PO at least - R2 always was a bit on the sly side)

I say hidden, although hiding a kid on his father's home planet with his uncle and aunt hardly seems to count.

Hopefully balance will be restored to the Force, because it didn't happen in episodes 4-6, so if it doesn't happen in 3 then it's not happening at all (Unless this rumour of new scenes in the original trilogy is true)
 GamerStryfe
05-17-2002, 7:11 AM
Yeah...why "hide" Luke with the relatives who live exactly where they did when Anakin met them? Hehe, I'm sure they'll think of something.

I think balance was restored, in Episode VI when Vader tossed the Emperor down the shaft...the prophecy was fulfilled, Anakin did it after all...just not in the most direct way possible.
 Perniciosus
05-17-2002, 7:20 AM
My problem here is that there is so much that needs to be done, unfortunately... The end of the clone war, the complete fall into the dark side for Anakin, the birth of Anakin & Padme's kids, the Jedi genocide, the ultimate rise of Palpatine, the erasure of the droids memory banks (c'mon, they've been to tatooine twice now! Gotta clear those damned memories otherwise the whole beginning of Ep. 4 is shot to hell), the explination of why Ben and Yoda survive, the explination why Anakin has to be in the big black iron lung :p

As for Vader's appearance in Ep 3, I know one thing, for certain: James Earl Jones is already listed in the cast credits for Ep 3 as the voice of Darth Vader on imdb.com and in a recent TV interview regarding the new Tom Clancy movie, James Earl Jones dropped a quick subtle hint that his voice was needed by an old friend for a movie series he last did many years ago...

So, I think its pretty safe to say that at least the voice of Vader will be in Ep 3.. whether or not we see the complete Vader persona is another matter. (I wonder if David Prowse could handle the costume one more time :D )
 GamerStryfe
05-17-2002, 7:25 AM
LMAO, if Prowse put on the suit we'd sure see some of that old school Jedi dueling...I wonder if they'd bring back the "metal rod" appearance of the lightsabers again. :)
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 7:47 AM
Episode III will enter at the tail end of the Clone Wars. LucasArts are releasing a Clone Wars game on the GameCube and PS2 later this year, and they would hardly do that if Episode III was to feature large chunks of the Clone Wars.

I think the Ep III scrolling intro will make reference to the film starting at the height wars, with, I suspect, mention of the appearance in the conflict of a race of evil MANDALORIAN warriors.
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 10:01 AM
I think that the best ending for episode 3 is: Palpatine gets the heavily wounded anakin (after the battle with obi wan) and says something like:"Join me and I'll give you the power to stop people from dying" .

It would be good if anakin is tricked into killing padme, and then for some reasonstarts blaming the jedis.

Also padme has to die right after she has her children, and anakin doesn`t have to see them.
 TheMadScot
05-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Wossname

Hopefully balance will be restored to the Force, because it didn't happen in episodes 4-6, so if it doesn't happen in 3 then it's not happening at all (Unless this rumour of new scenes in the original trilogy is true)

Maybe it's just me, but I think the following is kinda obvious;

Anakin is the "chosen one" of the Jedi prophecies - he does bring "balance to the force" ultimatley.

Anakin commences training at an older age, unable to control his emotionions and open to the influence of the dark side. AotC shows his descent into darkness - the rage, frustration and hot-headedness that he cannot handle.

By Ep III, Anakin will somehow turn fully to the Dark Side, becoming Palpatine's loyal servant - he already agrees in principle to the creation of the Empire ("Someone should force them all to agree"), and Palpatine is tugging at his strings in order for this to happen.

Ultimatley, though, it is Anakin (as Vader) who redeems himself in RotJ and kills Palpatine, thus restoring 'balance to the force.' It's a classic tragedy - a hero figure who succumbs to evil, later redeems themselves with a single act - usually at the cost of their own life.
 LooNBB
05-17-2002, 1:36 PM
Mr. Lucas continuing his destruction of what could have been The Classic of the Modern Age but which has become a mockery of good taste and a folly of license exploitation.
 DavinFelth
05-17-2002, 1:48 PM
I think one thing is that you guys are interpreting "Bring balance to the force" as a good thing.

Think about it this way: there are two Sith lords who use the dark side, and a couple thousand Jedi who use the light side.

Seems kinda unbalanced to me.

So at the end of Episode IV there is Yoda, Luke, Vader, and the Emperor. Seems pretty balanced to me.
 HBK
05-17-2002, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by Cracken
I expect the final scene of the movie to show Obi-Wan delivering baby Luke to Owen & Beru Lars. Personnally, I hope they don't show Vader at all. It would totally ruin the dynamic of Episodes IV and V.

I think Vadar will be in it. James Earl Jones is already signed on...
 Jedi_Prophecy
05-17-2002, 3:41 PM
It's early days yet but i think ppl will be disappointed about Ep3 in some contexts.
A lot of ppl, including myself want to see all the jedi getting slaughtered and a lot of violence but Lucas said he wants to focus on the Anakin-Padmй relationship in ep3 more than anything else.
i think we should still be thankful for Ep2 though!!!!!!!!
 bugkill
05-17-2002, 4:03 PM
well, the clone war should be widing down and palpatine will declare himself emperor after he defeats his enemies. obi-wan will be a general in the replubican army, he and anakin will still have differences. the emperor will use anakins' rage against obi-wan to pull him even closer to the dark side and he will accept him as his apprentice after he defeats count dooku. anakin and obi-wan WILL have a saber duel, which anakin will get the short end of the stick. padme, realizing that anakin is not himself anymore, might help obi-wan during the fight and contribute to anakin falling into the molten pit. anakin survives, comes back as vader secretly and kills all the jedi (on orders from the emperor) with stormtroopers and bounty hunters (or by himself). i really see mace windu getting taken out by boba vett! lucas showed us boba picking up jango's severed head (still in the helmet) and i think that there will be a showdown between the two and boba will get his revenge (that would be sweet!). the emperor should beat the crap out of yoda!!!! and yoda barely escapes with his life to dagabah. obi-wan and padme don't know who vader really is, until vader beats up on obi-wan and kills padme in the process (vader reveals himself right before confrontation with obi-wan). thus, obi-wan flees with the twins and conceals their whereabouts. this is my guess and it seems possible that it could happen in a 3 1/2 hr. film.
 wildheart73
05-17-2002, 4:04 PM
apart from the obveous i'd like 2 c a young solo,lando rescue chewie,the kessel run(jabba's deal),losing the falcon in a card game etc.......
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 4:12 PM
I don`t think that darth vader will kill padme in teh way it was described by bugkill, if you think about it he couldn`t kill his son, why should he kill the person he loves the most....if he will ever kill padme he has to be tricked into it in some way.....I'm happy by the chose of lucas to base episode 3 more on human relationship than fighting, because I don' want star wars to become a john woo action movie with lisghtsabers, but I hope that the relationship between padme and Anakin will be done in a better way than it happened in episode 2....
 bugkill
05-17-2002, 4:20 PM
darth iroel,

i said he kills her because she betrays him in the fight with obi-wan, not out of cold blood. also, darth vader (not little "ani" anymore) at this time is in pure hate mode and i could easily see him pulling an "othello".
Page: 1 of 1