Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easter Eggs

Page: 1 of 1
 [RDH]Axel[KA]
05-16-2002, 11:26 PM
Well the movie just kicked total ass.. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND, it was theb est movie ever. The romance blew, but the rest of it was just golden.

As to the purpose of the thread, post any easter egg type things you've found in it, they always have them.

I've found 3 so far.

Obi Wan in Corusent to Anakin - "Why do I feel that you will be the death of me?"

In the bard with the drug pusher- You can obviously see here George Lucas's take on ciggarettes/marajuana here.

In the training room with Obi Wan, Yoda, and all the little kids- I could have sworn I heard Yoda say, "Le Am, lights please?" Perhaps a tribute to Le Am?

By the way, as soon as the release a Yoda model, someone better start workin on a mod for some of those kick ass moves he was using. He was lightstyle on crack there. Little bit of Medium mixed in there (i.e. the flip slashes he pulled off a few times).
 eastcoast2895
05-16-2002, 11:30 PM
i don't know if these are easter eggs or not, but anakin says "i have a bad feeling about this" when the execution begins. also c3po said that he understood human emotions or something (the thing that he always say he doesn't understand in the trilogies) and was programed to
 Elegy
05-16-2002, 11:33 PM
heheheh hell yeah a Yoda skin would just own. I suppose it wouldn't be too much to ask that when you have him draw his lightsaber he strikes his little karate pose, whips the side of his robe aside all slick-like, and whips that lil' lightsaber out. And when you turn the lightsaber off he goes back to hobbling aroud all feebly and stuff.

Oh eh, I didn't notice many easter eggs in there. I just thought the Yoda model would kick ass.
 StrWrsXprt
05-16-2002, 11:43 PM
i could have sworn that when they went in the bar (i think that was when it was) and they show deifferent sports on the monitors, the podracing shot looked like "Racer Revenge" for the Playstation 2. Maybe someone could help me out with that one...
 SilentDark
05-16-2002, 11:49 PM
When yoda is teaching the little kids (younglings) , and obi drops by, yoda says: Whats up my homie obi. SWEAR TO GOD. ANYONE W/ BOOTLEG COPY GOTO THAT SCENE AND LOOK!
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 1:00 AM
really? i didn't notice that.
 Eets
05-17-2002, 1:04 AM
Yeah, he does say something like that. I started cracking up when I heard it!
 ProtocolJedi
05-17-2002, 1:41 AM
Also, did anyone notice that faint sound-clip of Vader breathing during/after the Tusken Massacre? Very chilling addition to Anakin's descent toward the dark side. :c3po:
 Zealot888
05-17-2002, 4:34 AM
If yoda says "whassup my homie obi" then Yoda's a KuNg Foo gangsta. :D

as for the rest, they're all your immagination. But I will watch Anikin's shadows more closely next time. Anyone for sure about that rumor?

Oh and supposedly right before Anakin goes berserk on the sand people you hear Qui Gon yelling "don't do it anny" (his blue spirit thing. This one I'm pretty sure of.
 AmynDoug
05-17-2002, 4:53 AM
Anakins shadow in my opinion can be seen when he is talking to padme outside the lars home when all you see is the shadows his appearance is that of vaders mask (that is if I can remember correctly)
 avenger_au
05-17-2002, 6:10 AM
Qui-gonn's voice is apparently in there a bit more too - I have no idea where, but apparently it reveals some plot points for episode III.

Does anyone know what else he says?
 GidionTheDead
05-17-2002, 3:56 PM
Qui-gonn's voice is apparently in there a bit more too - I have no idea where, but apparently it reveals some plot points for episode III.

It can be heard during the cut to Yoda, after Anakin starts berserking. He yells: "Anakin, no!"

Anakins shadow in my opinion can be seen when he is talking to padme outside the lars home when all you see is the shadows his appearance is that of vaders mask (that is if I can remember correctly)

Ehm, actually I observed the shadows closely during that scene, but there was nothing like that. I believe your imagination as well as my interest in the shadows were caused by the movie posters for Episode 1.

Another question:
Were all ads on Coruscant done with Aurabesh and other alien fonts, or was there oen with 'normal' Latin letters? I though the left ad during the conversation of Jango and the Changeling was in Latin letters.

Another EasterEgg:
Did you notice the homage to Blade Runner during the Coruscant chase and in Padme's room (the shadow from the window)? Nice.
 K_Kinnison
05-17-2002, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by StrWrsXprt
i could have sworn that when they went in the bar (i think that was when it was) and they show deifferent sports on the monitors, the podracing shot looked like "Racer Revenge" for the Playstation 2. Maybe someone could help me out with that one...

yep, it was in the left screen.

There was a version of Droideka Football in thecenter screen, and something looking like horse racing in the right screen.
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 4:06 PM
I looked closely too and there is a somewhat outline of a darth vader looking shadow based on the way his hair is Cut.

I was waiting for someone else to post this cuz I wasn't sure but I think I saw the millenium falcon in there, but seeing it hasn't been posted I may be wrong.
 rocksalt1
05-17-2002, 4:24 PM
The bust of George himself in the Jedi Archive.

Anybody find the THX 1138 egg yet?
 Vykk_Draygo
05-17-2002, 4:30 PM
Where did you see the Falcon? I was looking for it as they panned over some landing bays, but I wasn't quick enough. I'm going back again tonight to see the movie so I'll look again.:mob:
 Trapezoid
05-17-2002, 6:51 PM
Hmm, here's a couple easter-egg-ish things I noticed on the cast list on IMDB:

Ahmed Best, the voice of Jar Jar, also apparenly has a role as someone called "Ahck Med-Beq". Hm.
And the death sticks guy is named "Elan Sleazebaggano". I don't see why Lucas needs to name minor characters who aren't even adressed by name in the film.
 GalactiCrouton
05-17-2002, 7:26 PM
First, Yoda says "what help can i be, Obi..." instead of "wassup my homie obi" LMAO.

Anyway one easter egg is the unfortunate addition of Nsync members as Jedi in the arena battle. Look at one of the Jedi's that throw Obi and Orphan Annie their light sabers. Its the N-stink member with the goatee.

Also Sly Moore, Palpatines aide in the senate looks like a taelon from Roddenbery's Earth Final Conflict....thanks to S. Hayes for this egg.
 Yaten
05-17-2002, 7:36 PM
In an interview with MAXIM, George Lucas said that N'Sync was NOT in the film.

thankfully.
 GidionTheDead
05-17-2002, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by GalactiCrouton
Also Sly Moore, Palpatines aide in the senate looks like a taelon from Roddenbery's Earth Final Conflict....thanks to S. Hayes for this egg.

No, she is looking like Zota Zan <sp> from Farscape.
 GeneralJedi
05-17-2002, 8:34 PM
In the bar on Coruscant, im pretty sure i saw Anthony Daniels(the voice of c3po) in a couple of different shots.
 dark_michaels
05-17-2002, 10:26 PM
the falcon can be seen when the transport Anikin & Padme are on, lands on Naboo look. Keep looking to the left of the screen.
 P33K@J3W
05-17-2002, 10:55 PM
:atat:

Darth Tyranysis's Ship is from Tron
 dorain8
05-19-2002, 3:45 AM
just because you saw the correlian transport

doesnt mean it was the falcon

i am not saying it wasnt
i think it is
but just so ya know

for those of you who didnt see it

the far left hand side
when anakin and padame land on naboo
 Darth Matrix
05-19-2002, 4:44 AM
He was lightstyle on crack there. Little bit of Medium mixed in there (i.e. the flip slashes he pulled off a few times). Why do you define Yoda's style that way? Yoda used his own style, as I'm sure every other Jedi does.

The Light, Medium, and Hard styles are used in Jedi Outcast to help the players decide how they want to fight. Since players cannot tailor their saber style as a Jedi from the films (I mean the characters, not the actors) would do, JO players are given an option of three. To say Yoda was using the 'Fast Style' just seems wrong.
 Mitthrawnuruodo
05-19-2002, 5:01 AM
Did anyone else notice that Palpatine's chair is almost the same as his throne on the death star in ROTJ?
 Cmdr_Ke3n
05-19-2002, 12:49 PM
On the so-called "Millenium Falcon":

You probably saw a Correlian YT-1300 freighter. This is the same type of ship as the Millenium Falcon, but the Falcon was heavily modified by Han Solo, who was probably about the same age as Boba Fett in Episode II.
 Leagle
05-19-2002, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by Cmdr_Ke3n
On the so-called "Millenium Falcon":

You probably saw a Correlian YT-1300 freighter. This is the same type of ship as the Millenium Falcon, but the Falcon was heavily modified by Han Solo, who was probably about the same age as Boba Fett in Episode II.

Boba's 10. 10 yrs younger than Vader.

Han is much younger. He is only a few yrs older than L&L. 7yrs older?
 JacenSolo2001
05-19-2002, 9:01 PM
actually N'Stink are in 2 scenes (only 3 of them, but 3 too many), this according to Lucas public relations memo downplaying the "guest appearances" as nothing to get distraught about.
 Boba Fett The C
05-20-2002, 5:11 PM
Guys i think i spotted an easter egg although im not sure, u know the clonetrooper pilot in the fighter full of Jedi, i saw an imperial logo on his helmet, i did'nt see this symbol for the old republic in episode 1 so i wonder if this is an easter egg or is the old republics symbol.
 dabomb765
05-20-2002, 5:28 PM
Easter egg:
isn't the part where obi, annie and amidala get trapped and have to face the monsters sort of remind you of gladiator.

Also the talk of the ultimate weapon could be an egg from escape from monkey island with the ultimate insult.
 Jedi_Monk
05-20-2002, 5:40 PM
The Republic symbol is the same as the Imperial symbol, only I think it's colors are reversed. The Imperial/Republic symbol can be seen on all of the troop transports and on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter.

Nother easter egg: The purple twilek in the bar scene--the one who's oggling Anakin--is George Lucas' daughter.
 WolfmanNCSU
05-20-2002, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by Boba Fett The C
Guys i think i spotted an easter egg although im not sure, u know the clonetrooper pilot in the fighter full of Jedi, i saw an imperial logo on his helmet, i did'nt see this symbol for the old republic in episode 1 so i wonder if this is an easter egg or is the old republics symbol.

I saw the imperial logo on the troopers helmets as well. They are also on Obi's Jedi Star Fighter too so I am assuming that they are just the symbol of the old republic as well as the imperial/galatic empire.

:deathii:
 WolfmanNCSU
05-20-2002, 5:43 PM
Whoops, looks like you beat me to it. LOL
 Cmdr. Cracken
05-20-2002, 6:09 PM
That symbol is think is for Kuat Drive Yards, the main supplier of arments and star ships to the Republic, then to the Empire.
 jaeger109
06-03-2002, 6:42 AM
there's actually a whole bunch of easter eggs...

about the "millenium falcon." i highly doubt that the corellian freighter that they show is actually the millenium falcon, just because there are 3 of them side by side. you can clearly see 2 of them, and you can see the side of the third one for about a half a second before the scene changes.

in the bar where obi-wan and anakin are looking for zam, you can see anthony danials (c-3po) and ahmed best (jar jar). they are dressed as republic guards (i think that's what they are, they are in blue uniforms). ahmed best is standing to the left of obi-wan and the deathstick pusher. also, you can see a video game of podracing. i'm not exactly sure if it's racer revenge... i don't really think it looks like it very much. the podracers and camera angles are slightly different. but i could be wrong.

SUPPOSEDLY, in the coruscant chase scene you can see some x-wings and tie fighters chasing each other... but i have yet to see them for myself.

when anakin and padme are frolicking in the flowers, there are some weird cow/tick animals. apparently, the designers like them so much that they put one of those animals floating around in the asteroid field that obi-wan and jango are fighting in. you'll need to play it frame by frame in order to really see it. i heard they put another one in the big jedi battle too, but i have yet to that one for myself.

when jango walks into the the slave 1 right before obi-wan throws a "spider tracer" onto the slave 1, jango bumps his head on the door.

all of the clonetroopers have "id numbers" on their backs, right under the bar codes. i *think* right when the huge battle starts and kit fisto is seen leading his own charge of clone troopers, if you look closely, one of the troopers has THX-1138.

i know there are more, i just can't think of any more at the moment.
 GidionTheDead
06-03-2002, 7:23 AM
Right before Obi is talking to Yoda in the kid's training room, he walks down a long corridor in the Jedi temple. If you look closely, you will see Howard the duck (from Lucas' Howard the Duck movie) in a Jedi robe. Pretty weird.

by the way:
Was someone shocked when Owen Lars' father said: "We didn't have horses to ride to her..."
 delta_7890
06-03-2002, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by GidionTheDead
Right before Obi is talking to Yoda in the kid's training room, he walks down a long corridor in the Jedi temple. If you look closely, you will see Howard the duck (from Lucas' Howard the Duck movie) in a Jedi robe. Pretty weird.

by the way:
Was someone shocked when Owen Lars' father said: "We didn't have horses to ride to her..."

I'm VERY certain I never heard him say that.
 ivaj
06-03-2002, 11:03 AM
Yes, I remeber seeing a duck jedi, i thought it was quite funny. :D
Also, I've heard that there is a bust in the movie that is george lucas.
 ivaj
06-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Also has anybody noticed that when anikan is in the room with padme, and she is preparing to leave. He uses his force powers to move a marble sphere, now the sphere is reflected in the window, but he isn't.
Its the same when he holds it....now his fingers would have blocked the full reflection, but they didn't.
 GidionTheDead
06-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by delta_7890

I'm VERY certain I never heard him say that.

Well, some idiot did that mistake during the transation:

English:

Well, I couldn't ride there anymore, after I lost my leg.

German Translation:

Well, after I lost my leg, I couldn't ride a horse there anymore.

OMFG!!! I would like to skin that idiot!!! They could at least say dewback or Eopie, but no... horses... argh!!!!!!!
 holyhandgrenade
06-05-2002, 3:23 PM
Just got Homing Beacon #61 from StarWars.com and it has a list of Easter Eggs in it.
 Paragon_Leon
06-05-2002, 3:26 PM
Most translators don't know WHAT they're translating. Trust me.

Easter eggs:

- the conference table of Dooku and the guilds is laid out in Imperial logo-style. You can see it as you peek over Obi-shoulder through the crack.

- Ahmed Best turns around after Obi-Wan cuts off Zam's hand.

- There are two aliens from Sebulba's species in Dexter's cafй
 AgentSmith
06-05-2002, 5:31 PM
In the club scene when Anakin passes Ahmed Best's group you can also see Aankin give a 'hi' motion with his hand.
 SkinWalker
06-06-2002, 5:32 AM
Also has anybody noticed that when anikan is in the room with padme, and she is preparing to leave. He uses his force powers to move a marble sphere, now the sphere is reflected in the window, but he isn't.

Nope... there is a speeder that appears to go past at around the same time Anakin is playing with his ball. I could see no reflection of any kind in the window.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctfeagans/AnakinBall.jpg)

The faint splotch in the background is a speeder or vehicle that moves from right to left across the window view.

SkinWalker
 Natty
06-06-2002, 8:38 AM
Also- if you look at the balcony during the execution scene, it's the Sydney Opera house, apperantly this has been confirmed by George Lucas as a thanx to Sydney and especially Australia for allowing him to film at Fox Studios (I've seen the Opera house in the movie, just haven't seen the supposed quote from Lucas saying it's coz of thanx to Australia)
 ivaj
06-07-2002, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by SkinWalker

Nope... there is a speeder that appears to go past at around the same time Anakin is playing with his ball. I could see no reflection of any kind in the window.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctfeagans/AnakinBall.jpg)

The faint splotch in the background is a speeder or vehicle that moves from right to left across the window view.

SkinWalker
its not clear in the warez version, but once you see the movie on the big screen, you'll see what i mean.
 SkinWalker
06-07-2002, 11:52 AM
its not clear in the warez version, but once you see the movie on the big screen, you'll see what i mean.

I'll have to look for it next time I check it out at the theater.... my nephew expects me to take him... oh, well.... guess I'll have to sit through it one more time!:p
 Twinstar02
06-07-2002, 8:31 PM
When Anakin and Obi-Wan are chasing Zam, and Obi harps on Anakin about his "short cut", Anakin says something about if they kept chasing that bounty hunter he would end up "deep fried".

Good to know their galaxy has greasy food too.

-TS02
Page: 1 of 1