Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Confed Beast Units?

Page: 1 of 1
 Roatigas
05-16-2002, 8:32 PM
Just wondering if somebody could give me the full low-down on the confed beast units, ie. cost, uses, etc. As much info as possible would be good. Also, I don't suppose anyone knows if CC is released here in Australia yet?
 Duke Straykker
05-17-2002, 1:46 AM
Well, if you head over to www.galacticbattles.com/clonecampaigns) you will find the nets best and exclusive Clone Campaigns site!

I believe that they all cost only food, and that they are the animals that attack Anakin is EPII in the arena :)
 Gandalf[NL]
05-17-2002, 4:29 AM
its really cool, you can build them @ t3, and one has a bonus versus buildings and only cost 125 food :), or build just the other one of 75 food who kills workers easily, you can really by a pesky one with Confed :)
 safire
05-17-2002, 3:26 PM
Two of them can be built at tech 3 - the tiger looking Nexu and three horned Reek. At tech 4, you can build the clam looking Acklay.
Nexu will destroy workers easily, Reek is good against turrets, and Acklay is good against troopers.
Don't know the costs associated - sorry.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-17-2002, 5:27 PM
Me niether.
 theStupid1
05-18-2002, 3:35 AM
:fett: :deathii: According the scenario editor they have some unit that says: Rancor(controlled) Not to sure what that means...
 Roatigas
05-18-2002, 12:17 PM
A controlled Rancor, eh? that would definitely help with one of the scenarios is was making. And thanks to the rest of you for all the info you've given. It's certainly keeping me sane while I wait for the game.
 Heavyarms
05-18-2002, 8:08 PM
well, they are not what I would call "Great" but they can be a compliment to an army.
 Kryllith
05-23-2002, 5:53 PM
I was actually hoping that Lucas Arts would make Hutts a Civ and allow them to have Rancors as one of the units. Heck, could make it Fortress unit and then make an armoured Rancor (like the one in Star Wars: Demolition) as an upgrade. I figured Hutts would get better economics, bounty hunters, and perhaps troops, and would suffer in mechs, jedi, ships (obviously), and air. The skiffs and sail barges could work as either mechs (since they are primarily low flying vehicles) or air, however it worked out.

Kryllith
 Jedi_Chaos
05-24-2002, 3:16 PM
Well I got bored during a drawn out team 3v3 game where I was in the middle and playing the confederacy, and my team was way ahead of the opposition....so I air dropped about 80 of the beastie units and 10 jedi knights in on a players almost non defended center :D

Talk about tearing things up, it was fun to watch.....so what I found was that they are great for trying to cripple your opponents production, but work best if you can surprise him with it, like trying to find the undefended pocket of workers and sending in a beast hoard....generally harrassing and killing workers, any other units kill them effectively enough....
Page: 1 of 1