Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Images of the future

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthAngelus
05-16-2002, 8:16 PM
How many little hints to the original 3 movies did anyone else see?

I don't mean the hideously obvious stuff like holding a huge glowing model of the deathstar infront of the camera for 5 seconds (it would have been much cooler just to leave the tiny glimpse we had of it before).

My two favourite have to be the very tiny Imperial logo on the Clone Troopers helmet and Amadala sporting the Leia-esq hairdo at the farm.
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 8:17 PM
The disused factory that Darth Sidious used to meet Darth Tyranus in that is identical in shape to the Imperial Palace cut scene in 'Tie Fighter' on the PC
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 8:20 PM
As I posted under 'Palpatine's Throne', the seat he uses for his meetings on Coruscant in AOTC is the throne used on the Death Star in ROTJ

And of course, "he's more machine now than man, twisted and evil". Imagine ending up having the same hand chopped off twice. Talk about bad luck. And it runs in the family too!
 XeOnApHoBe
05-16-2002, 8:36 PM
The disused factory that Darth Sidious used to meet Darth Tyranus in that is identical in shape to the Imperial Palace cut scene in 'Tie Fighter' on the PC

I'm sooo glad i wasn't the only person who noticed that :)

Another thing i noticed was when Obi wan says to Anakin -

You'll be the death of me some day

no sh*t :D
 TheDarkSide
05-16-2002, 9:09 PM
What I found mostly were parallels to Empire Strikes Back....Battle and chase in an asteroid field....the Kamino facilities are very reminiscient of cloud city. What else? The obvious removal of appendage of coming of age Skywalker.

The scene where Anakin tells Padme he must go to Tatooine seemed VEEEEEEEEERY similar in dialogue to what Luke told Yoda on Dagobah, when he abandoned his training to go save his friends.

Lets see...There's C3PO ending up in multiple pieces (well just two), the thing Anakin gets his hand stuck in in the droid factory reminded me alot of frozen carbonite (although I must say I didn't quite catch how he got out of it? :/)

That's all I can think of for right now. Time to finally crack open the novelization and insert the missing pieces :)

INCREDIBLE MOVIE. SIMPLY AWESOME!
 GidionTheDead
05-16-2002, 9:56 PM
That factory/palace in constuction really gave me shivers.

I just thought: ****, that's a damn impressive imperial palace!
 Mark_Li
05-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Thats not the imperial logo, you witless ****. Its the new republic's crest. Its on Obi-Wans jedi starfighter too.
 GidionTheDead
05-16-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mark_Li
Thats not the imperial logo, you witless ****. Its the new republic's crest. Its on Obi-Wans jedi starfighter too.

It is the imperial logo. The New Republic's logo is the red phoenix with a ring of 12 (?) stars around it (the logo of the Alliance/Rebels).
 aieljafar
05-16-2002, 10:31 PM
It's definitely the Imperial Logo on Obi's fighter and the clone trooper, but has anyone thought that that logo was the Old Republic's as well? I know the New Republic's is different (obviously since they conquered the ruling government, they had to change the emblem). However, Palp, only managed somewhat of a coup de'tat with permission of the Senate. Therefore the government really didnt cahnge all that much. The same people where still in power, just in different places in the power scheme. So why change the symbol? No reason too.

Also, since supposedly this is related to Hitler's rise to power, the Wermacht (which was the German army, not Nazi's) kept the same symbol, the iron cross. Much like the Republic/Empire, the power changed but the symbols stayed mostly the same.
 Aiee
05-16-2002, 10:59 PM
When R2-D2 reattaches C3POs head in the arena, C3PO asks if he's sure he got the head on straight. I found this a rather amusing refernce to Chewies less-than-perfect job in ESB :]
 Broode
05-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Yeah I noticed that too Aiee, funny stuff.
 fettsdealer
05-17-2002, 12:40 PM
1) The ships taking off at the end - Star Destroyer protoypes.

2) Obi wans ship - A wing prototype.

3) Anakin in ship near end getting chased over sand by - 2 tie
fighter prototypes.

4) big end battle - AT-AT prototypes.

lovely jubbly.
Page: 1 of 1