Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Soundtrack

Page: 1 of 1
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 8:05 PM
Apart from 'Across the Stars', there was nothing new I heard. In fact, very little in the soundtrack registered with me, apart from a small piece of 'Duel of the Fates' on Tatooine, which I felt was slightly incongruous to the scene, and the Imperial March.

Anyone else find the soundtrack a bit of a let down compared to John Williams' previous masterpieces?
 Brains
05-16-2002, 8:53 PM
are you deaf my friend...there is much new material, aswell as nice folds of classic sw and sw-ep1 music.
have you listened to the soundtrack on cd?
granted the love theme is the major musical score of the film, but there are many others...
 SotE_Xizor1
05-16-2002, 8:54 PM
So you don't count the battle in the Arena, Jango Fett's Escape, some of the Bounty Hunter Pursuit, and others?
 XeOnApHoBe
05-16-2002, 9:01 PM
I was disapointed with the music during the saber duel between Yoda/Obi Wan/Anakin vs Dooku.
I mean, in my opinion, Duel of the Fates made the duel between Obi Wan, Qui Gon and Darth Maul so much more intense.
The music during the duel in E2 was nothing to get excited about
 hutdo
05-16-2002, 11:19 PM
The music rocked in ep2!
The last fight in ep1 is different tolast fight in ep2 (dooku, yoda etc.) its different type of fight (common yoda fights), so the music suits the scene.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 1:10 AM
The only thing that was disappointing in terms of the music was the total lack of it during the first part of the Asteroid chase scene.
 Stan_Tencza
05-17-2002, 1:17 AM
Although the Episode I Soundtrack was certainly a masterpiece, it should not have been duplicated as much as it was in Episode II. During the whole battle with the clones, and also with the execution, Episode I suspense music was heard.

No major complaints, it does its job very well... not an entirely new soundtrack, but commendable none the less.

-Stan
==============
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 1:17 AM
I had the soundtrack previous to seeing the movie so it really registered as I watched it, but I can sort of see to the person who hadn't previously heard the soundtrack did not pick up on it.
 dorain8
05-28-2002, 4:01 PM
there are a few new songs maybe 7 at most

tusken raider slaughter
jango's escape
across the stars
bount hunter's flee
departing curoscant
yoda and the younglings

actually there are alot
but it is mostly un seen backround music

lucas had to add alot of different themes into this one

imperial march
jedi theme
etc
 ivaj
05-28-2002, 6:34 PM
john williams is an amazing composer, the soundtrack was great.
 Jedi Knight XVI
05-28-2002, 9:19 PM
The soundtrack was amazing. Yes, John Williams has done it once again. Did anyone notice that during Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant, he used an Electric Bass? A new sound to the Star Wars saga.
Page: 1 of 1