Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Palpatine's Throne

Page: 1 of 1
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 7:30 PM
Spotted in a Coruscant scene about half way through - Palpatine is sitting on the self same throne that graced his throne room in ROTJ
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 11:15 AM
you'd think after that many years he's get some new furniture.
 Spaff
05-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Sidious is my favourite part of the movie
 Nawara Ven
05-25-2002, 3:15 PM
It's such an uncumfortable looking throne too. What a nuiscance to carry from place to place. The armrests are pointed! Hemust have bought it used form a race whose forarms concave upward to rest on the pointed armrests.
But it does have is favourite "fire at Will: Commander" button on it.
 COJ
05-25-2002, 11:15 PM
maybe its got a tv on the side, and a computer on the other
 ValorXII
05-26-2002, 9:08 AM
I wonder where it is the same throne, or whether he orders it's recreation. (Most likely the latter)
 Nawara Ven
05-26-2002, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the throne is atached to the floor so it doesn't fall over or anything. Now, who would be a better candidate to steal a chair than a guy who steals the entire galaxy?
He definately doesn't deserve the chair after usurping the galaxy's democracy, so what would be more in character than to steal the thing?
One can imagine Palpatine in his stealin' clothes, busily hydro-spanning the back of the chair so he can remove it, when the janitorial staff comes in... they ask what he's doing and he dons his secret super-villian outfit and BOOM "It's Darth Sidious! Run!" and ZAPPO he lightingifies them.
Sidious finds it very amusing, just like Tyranus said it would be, and happily tosses the chair out the window in to a nearby Sith Infiltrator...
Dastardly, that's all I can say.
 WJTW
05-07-2003, 9:19 AM
I know this is a VERY VERY old topic... but.

The throne installed in the DS2 doesn't have to be the same as the one in his office, does it?

And if I recall... I think Ian McDiarmid (spelling?) seem to like that throne, so, George Lucas doing a favour for him?

Emperor Palpatine rules (literally. :)).

WJTW
 Lynk Former
05-07-2003, 9:28 AM
you know those sith, they're very particular about their furniture
 Random
05-07-2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Nawara Ven
It's such an uncumfortable looking throne too. What a nuiscance to carry from place to place. The armrests are pointed! Hemust have bought it used form a race whose forarms concave upward to rest on the pointed armrests.
But it does have is favourite "fire at Will: Commander" button on it.

HA!

Its got a beer cooler in the armrest and the heated seat also massages.

Lightningifies? Is that a real word?
 boinga1
05-08-2003, 12:33 AM
They're different chairs, the DS2 one has as short of thing coming off the headrest that goes over his head. The republic office lacks this "overhang", shall we call it.
 Random
05-08-2003, 9:07 AM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/emperorsthroneroom/img/eu_bg.jpg)
http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2coru19.jpg)

Not exactly the same chair, but if you look closly, you can in fact see the beer cooler in his right armrest.

It looks like there is something on the top of the DS throne, but they are pretty similar.

And the toy:
http://www.toysrgus.com/images-unpro/emperors-throne2.jpg)
 WJTW
05-08-2003, 9:16 AM
I'm quite sure it was a favour done by Lucas for Ian... :)
Or it might be just another way Lucas is trying to link the prequels with the sequels. :D

It is possible these types of chairs are standard designs in the Repb. and the Emp.

WJTW
 leXX
05-08-2003, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by WJTW
I'm quite sure it was a favour done by Lucas for Ian... :)
Or it might be just another way Lucas is trying to link the prequels with the sequels. :D

I think it is the latter. A nice little touch by Lucas I think. Having the Imperial Guards in the background during one of the scenes was another nice little touch.
 Jalina
05-08-2003, 2:57 PM
he's a fakir :D
that's it
 Lynk Former
05-08-2003, 8:11 PM
care to explain that?:rolleyes:
 Darth_Rive
05-09-2003, 12:27 PM
You'd think that a man with that kind of power and money would have got himself a Lay-Z-Boy or something by now. That does look really uncomfortable. Do you think he's got a team of attractive Imperial Arse-Rubbers for when his arse goes numb? :D
 Purple_Tentacle
05-10-2003, 3:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spaff

oh my god you have totally ripped off my avatar. :( :confused: :confused: :confused:
 dark jedi 8
05-11-2003, 10:34 PM
i'm pretty sure their the same chair but the top thing could be the personal shield he added.:) after AOTC.
 WJTW
05-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Actually, if I've not mistaken, Palpatine already had a personal shield on the throne on Coruscant. This is stated in the Ep2 Visual Dictionary by DK. The generator is at the base of the throne.

And there is even a Red Guard summoner, but the controls are on the left, instead of the 'Fire at Will' buttons on the right.

I don't know where the book get this information. It stated that the chair is made of Ultra-dense Lanthanide Alloy Armour.... a little overdoing it for a chair, don't you think?

WJTW
 dark jedi 8
05-14-2003, 6:57 PM
why would the chancellor need that kind of protection, valorum never did? a little too much i think.
 Darth_Rive
05-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Pre-emptive protection, I suspect. He's a double-hard Sith, he can see the future, and not only that, but I'm sure he's a bright enough lad to realise that his ruse can't remain under the clak of darkness forever, and that someone will figure t out and come looking for him at some point. Maybe that's how Mace Windu dies? He discovers that Palpatine is behind all the mayhem and goes to face him, and gets his arse kicked. *shrugs* Who knows.
Page: 1 of 1