Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If Episode II played like JK2...

Page: 1 of 1
 waxdart
05-16-2002, 5:57 PM
Anybody notice one of the random jedi in the final arena battle doing the DFA?

Hard to back up without a screenshot, but it was definitely there. Funny bit of happenstance -- my friend and I looked at each other at that moment and muttered "Heavy whore!".

And then we shame-facedly felt like utter nerds. ;)
 Nax
05-16-2002, 6:13 PM
It was kind of hard to miss the DFA. He leaps into center screen with it.

I dunno if I'd call it a DFA though, his saber doesn't dig into the ground, and he's standing in the landing. It just seems more like a fast heavy jump attack.

*shrug* JKII's saber system is a far cry from cannon.

Nax
 Blaze^
05-16-2002, 7:46 PM
The big question is when will the Yoda model be release for JK2 :D
 TheDarkSide
05-16-2002, 9:01 PM
I know. :) During yoda's fight with dooku, I was thinking two things.

1) Would Yoda be called an absorb slut, headless chicken on the Jk2.net forums?

2) A force power like 'force reflect' would be an awesome addition in either a patch *highly unlikely* or a mod *much more likely*. Like where Yoda sucks up Dooku's lightning and then spits it back at him. And hey right before that...Obi-wan sucking down the lightning with his saber. I want some of that!

TDS
 xSauronx
05-16-2002, 10:16 PM
yes, i especially want a Yoda model now...holy hell he was cool, actually, models of Boba Fett (Jango Blows) Yoda, Mace windu and all of the other jedi would be great.....hell, someone make a "Best of Star Wars" model pack, i want all the classic characters, these suck

oh, but the Red Stormtrooper R0xors you
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 12:46 AM
haha I was one of the original people who asked for a yoda model and thanks to this movie we are going to get one. I saw quite a few cool Saber moves that will be probably inherited into the game at some point. I mean most of the moves come from episode 1 like the medium stance finisher. So I hope the incorperate alot more now.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 12:46 AM
I did notice the DFA, but if AOTC was more like JKII 1.3, all of the Jedi would have been running into battle backwards in the vain hope of scoring a one-hit backslash kill.
 Roling Thunder
05-18-2002, 2:08 PM
Yoda was a force absorb/force speed/force jump whore:) Anyone who moves like that in a lightsabre fight is a pain in the butt:) They won't stay still long enough to have a decent sabre clash:)
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:10 PM
OBI-WAN IS A BACKSLASH WHOR3!!!!

(lol, he killed Darth Maul in the end of Ep1 with a backslash lol)
 Andy867
05-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Umm, If I am not mistaken, didn't Obi Wan cut Darth maul in half with a side slash... For it was Darth Maul who did the backstab to Qui Gon Jinn... Least, if my memory serves me correctly...
 Caldera
05-21-2002, 1:18 AM
Doesnt obi wan do DFA multiple times in TPM???Right at the beginning of the battle i am sure he does a DFA, and many other times during the fight. It doesnt look EXACTLY like, but very much like it.
 Topdan
05-21-2002, 3:24 AM
Sorry to interrupt this discussion, but can someone tell me what DFA is...
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:58 AM
DFA=Death From Above, a move used in Jedi Knight 2 game. The move was so annoying before it had to be fixed in the patch for the game. So before the new patch came out, the users who would use the move non-stop, many people would go "DFA WHORE" or such lol. We are basically trying to see what moves were used from the game in the movie (well try compare at least). So basically just kidding around :p.
Page: 1 of 1