Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Comments on Episode 2

Page: 1 of 1
 IRG_GhostBear74
05-16-2002, 4:03 PM
IF YA HAVEN'T seen the Movie STOP READING!!!!!

What do i think of the movie?

Good movie but has it's pros and cons.

What are it's pros?

Best view of Coruscant yet. Shows part of Coruscant never seen before.

Excellent Bountry hunter chase thru Coruscant.

Show the relationship between Anakin and Kenobi.

Good Story lines that deepens the plot and connects things together.

Clone Troopers are damn cool. Goes to show that Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers are not really evil. They are just very loyal to their boss. Fought incredible well and don't run away.

Yoda is very impressive as force user and lightsaber master.

ground Battle scene was fantasic. Blows away any star wars ground battle ever made.

Impressive Saber duels.

Shows the inside of the Jedi Academy and it's training of the Padawans.

What are the cons?

Saber duels are too short among each combatant. Anakin got his arm cut off too soon in the battle. Obi Wan got disable too easily. Yoda duel (although most fantastic) was too short then Dooku ran away. In the end you kinda felt impressed but wanted a hell lot more and unsatisfied. Phantom Menace Duel scene altho not as impressive as EP2 was at least satisfying.

Jango Fett fight with Mace Windu kinda suck. He died too easily. Blast blast blast and then slash, ahhhh Jando have no head. :-(

Anakin and Padme love story suck.

Anakin killing the Tusken Raider was cut short. BOOOOOOOO!!! I wanna see Anakin dark side.

My Comments

Firstly I love those Clone Troopers. They were cool. In this movie they were the good guys and fought well. No retreat no surrender. Calm under fire. Follow orders without question.

I especially like the part where the Jedis were leading them. Jedi Master Yoda became General Yoda and lead the troopers haha. waaay cool.

Jango Fett fought well against Obi Wan but kinda die in a stupid way with Mace windu. He stand still shooting and let Mace Windu come close and slash off his head. bumper. I expected a more climatic fight.

I understand why Ep2 was not call Clone war cuz it was just a prelude to the Clone War itself. I wouldn't be surprise if George call Ep3 : The Clone War.

As for the Dark Master. Darth Sidious/Palpatine was clever. He made use of that Dumbass JAR JAR BINK to get Emergency Powers. lol and Jar Jar even look proud of himself.

Personally i think the Dark Side is stronger than the Light Side. A single Dark Master can cloud the minds of all the Jedi Masters. Even in the same room they can't detect him. A single Dark Master will bring down the jedi knights and conquer the galaxy. The Dark side is obviously stronger but come with a too very a price tho.

Yoda was impressive. He could absorb the lighting attack with his hand. Wow. and his dueling was incredible. Gave me a new appreciation for the little guy.

I am confused about one part. When Kenobi arrive on the planet where the clone were being created, and he spoke to the Prime Minister and they spoke that a Jedi Master _________ (can't remember the name) order the construction of a clone army for the republic and that Jedi Master died 10 years ago, who was that Jedi Master? Was he an apprentise of Darth Sidious? Was he Darth Sidious himself thus being Palpatine? Or Did he forsee the creation of the Separatist army thus order the building of the clone army?

Well anyway i hope ya all enjoy the show.
 adillon
05-16-2002, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by IRG_GhostBear74
Personally i think the Dark Side is stronger than the Light Side. A single Dark Master can cloud the minds of all the Jedi Masters. Even in the same room they can't detect him.

but couldn't it be possible that palpatine is a CLONE of sidious? he would LOOK just like him and yet NOT have force powers. maybe the title works on more levels than just the clone troopers. plus, remember in ep1 padme's look-alike? ... a clone ... hmm, possibly.

just my thoughts.
 Evil_Ferret
05-16-2002, 4:47 PM

Jango Fett fought well against Obi Wan but kinda die in a stupid way with Mace windu. He stand still shooting and let Mace Windu come close and slash off his head. bumper. I expected a more climatic fight.

I think the whole fight with jango and mace is good. after he has already killed a few jedi, mace a jedi master comes up and kills him so easily. It really shows the power of the jedi. plus it shows the power of mace(who if im not mistaken is supposed to be almost as powerful as yoda)
 Demolisher
05-16-2002, 5:41 PM
I thought it was really really cool, but they seemed to rush everything. I mean Anakin and Padme fall in love so fast, it's almost like Shrek! Yoda fighting was cool, the whole audience cheered when he showed up.
They needed more scenes with his mother. It kinda sucked how she dies as soon as anakin shows up. That happens too much in stories. She should've been dead or something like that. Also, it's so fake when Anakin says "I gotta bad feeling about this", it almost sounds like he's saying it because it's the repeated Star Wars line. But the rest of the dialog in the movie was cool. When Anakin gets his hand chopped off, he acts like it was nothing. In ESB, Luke screams out in pain and it hurts; Anakin gets knocked out. The Death Star plans were cool to see. But if you ask me, Episode 3 had better be this four hour movie because Episode 4 seems far far away. I would've also liked to see more of the friendship with anakin and obiwan. The movie was great but they kinda flew through everything.
 Blaze^
05-16-2002, 7:41 PM
I am confused about one part. When Kenobi arrive on the planet where the clone were being created, and he spoke to the Prime Minister and they spoke that a Jedi Master _________ (can't remember the name) order the construction of a clone army for the republic and that Jedi Master died 10 years ago, who was that Jedi Master? Was he an apprentise of Darth Sidious? Was he Darth Sidious himself thus being Palpatine? Or Did he forsee the creation of the Separatist army thus order the building of the clone army?

Well anyway i hope ya all enjoy the show.

I get the impression that Palpatine has used the name (of the jedi master) to create the clone army which has been his plan all along. Obi-Wan even says that the order to create the clone army was given after the death of the jedi master.

My personal favorite in the movie are the clonetroopers especially the scenes where they attack in the ships and apply coverfiver to create a perimiter around the surviving jedis (almost like choppers in a vietnam movie)... probably a scene that will live with me for a long time, also liked the Yoda fighting scene but the martial arts poses for Yoda was over doing it.
 Neon Vampyre
05-16-2002, 8:05 PM
Regarding Darth Sidious as a clone: Definately not. There are loads of books that talk about the dark side 'eating away' at the physical body of the dark side user, which is why *ahem* 'Sidious' looks the way he does in Jedi, and the fleeting seconds in Empire.
You can even tell in AOTC that the Dark side is beginning to eat away at the person in question! :)
 silent55
05-16-2002, 8:30 PM
Maybe I just didn't catch it, but did they mention Bail Organa at all in the film. I know he was Jimmy Smits, but I don't think they ever said that he was actually Organa. Anyway, I thought the last half was great, but yeah, it was totally rushed. The first part of the movie spent too much time investigating Amidala's assassination attempt and not on the deteriorating political situation.

The thing that I think really propelled the other films and what wasn't prevalent until so late in this film was that the other films had definitive enemies and or conflicts to face. A little misdirected, but overall a very stunning and fun film. Well, worth the money. And so much better than episode 1.
 TheDarkSide
05-16-2002, 8:43 PM
I get the impression that Palpatine has used the name (of the jedi master) to create the clone army which has been his plan all along. Obi-Wan even says that the order to create the clone army was given after the death of the jedi master.

I just came back from watching it! Incredible movie. On this point however, I seem to recall Windu and Yoda looking at each other kind of like it sounded familiar, then the wording of what Yoda says afterwards like "the order to create a clone army was not authorized by the jedi council", made it seem to me that perhaps the idea had been brought before the council, and dismissed, but perhaps the jedi master Seiferas (?) went his own rogue path (undoubtedly orchaestrated by Sidious/Palpatine) to get it done.

I'd be willing to bet that we might find out a little more about this in Episode III.

I loved the ground battle scenes! The only bummer for me was to have them keep throwing in that C3PO crap. It was really distracting and totally threw off the momentum of the battle every time they did it.
IE 3Po's head i can't feel my legs, next shot jango getting worked over by Mace Windu, next shot 3PO's head, What I am doing?

It just seemed out of place. But that was relatively minor.........overall an excellent Star Wars movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it , and much more so than Episode I.

TDS
 XeOnApHoBe
05-16-2002, 8:47 PM

You'll remember the race that created the clones had very long necks. If you think back to Episode one, one of the jedi masters in the counsil room similarly had a very long neck which suggests to me it was him who died. Whether or not he himself ordered the the creation of the clones or that his name was simply used by someone else is another question.
Plus, despite his appearance in Episode 1, you don't see him at all in Episode 2...
Well that's who i think it is anyway...
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 12:05 AM
I liked overall the love story but I think that it could have been done better, maybe Anakin hurting padme while slave of his rage would have been a good twist....
Page: 1 of 1