Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Three words about Star Wars II

Page: 1 of 1
 devnulllore
05-16-2002, 3:25 PM
YODA KICKS ASS!

I saw it at the Boston special premier earlier this week.

What a great film!

~dev
 Zealot888
05-16-2002, 3:41 PM
Don't overhype yoda. Yeah he was cool, but because he was so hyped up when I saw him I was disappointed. Instead say SW2 rocks, not yoda. Or maybe just say you liked the yoda scene. BUt when eveyone is saying yoda rocks, everyone begins to set high expectations.
 walpurgis999
05-16-2002, 4:22 PM
Yoda was awesome, good post. Yoda makes it worth the money to see Star Wars. Without Yoda EP2 is nothing.
 DarkKnight_01
05-16-2002, 4:30 PM
how could yoda's pimp entrance not meet your high expectations?
i mean come on when he pulled his robe away and brought out his saber the whole damn theater was clapping and laughing i mean up untill now yoda has been ALL talk but in one scene he totaly pimps out and lives up to his reputation
 DarkKnight_01
05-16-2002, 4:32 PM
AND THEN after it was over he whips out his pimp cane and acts like nothin happend....all i gotta say is Yoda = []D [] []V[] []D
 hutdo
05-16-2002, 11:27 PM
i agree totally
yoda is da man
 Darth Iroel
05-16-2002, 11:32 PM
Yoda IS the master indeed! No matter how much my friends toold me how cool he was I totally loved his scene!
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Yeah that was kinda cool. Except I would have been more shocked had I not known it was coming. By accidently coming across spoilers I knew exactly what was about to happen when and where. Still the movie was still enjoyable.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 1:01 AM
I saw the preview from Celebration II of the Yoda fight scene, but even that didn't prepare me for such a kick-ass sequence. Honestly, I thought Yoda should have been at the top of the credits, with Ewan McGregor underneath. I mean, look at what he did:

Jedi Master (Above all)
Teacher
Humorist ("Master Kenobi seems to have lost his planet.")
Monk (The meditation scenes were great insight into Jedi life)
General (Napolean should have taken lessons from Yoda!)
Force Master
Uber-Swordsman
 Stan_Tencza
05-17-2002, 1:10 AM
Nice post.
I was trying to figure out just HOW Yoda moved that fast--- did the force accelerate his movement? Or is he naturally that fast?

You guys are right: Yoda finally displays all the traits we traditionally see in a Jedi Knight.

"Size Matters Not!" YA DAMN RIGHT IT DOESN'T! :)

"Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not! Because I can whoop yo ass, mofo!"

-Stan
===========================
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 1:12 AM
I bet he got a "Force Boost" from the his absorption of Dooku's lightning. Sounds JKII-ish, but it is plausible...kinda like absorbing an impact and rolling off it.
 YODA_ROCKS!!!
05-17-2002, 2:07 AM
well the thing about the lighting and yoda isn't really JkIIish seeing that everything in Jedi Knight 2 happened after the death of anakin skywalker. So JK 2 got it from SW 2 instead of SW 2 getting it from JK 2
 brosser_1999
05-17-2002, 1:29 PM
The best thing about the yoda saber battle was that i ddn't know it was coming. I had heard about the lightning thing on one of the forums, but nothiing could repare me for yoda OWNng the shizzznit out of Dooku. I also think the saberplay?(swordplay)? as a whole kicked ass.
it knda reminded me of a line in Full Metal Jacket
"they showed what a motivated marine and his rifle can do"

Lucas really showed what a jedi and his saber can do.
 LooNBB
05-17-2002, 1:50 PM
Three more words:

What the F***?!
 G0G0GadgetForce
05-17-2002, 5:26 PM
<------------------CHECK PIC

Yoda rocks, my favorite star wars character. He was my favorite character when I was 4 and hes my favorite character now that I'm 24!!

I usually don't trust anyone over 30, but hes pretty cool for a 800 year old dude.
 Vader10
05-17-2002, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Stan_Tencza

"Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not! Because I can whoop yo ass, mofo!"

===========================

LMAO
Page: 1 of 1