Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Trivia version 1.1

Page: 1 of 4
 Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 9:22 AM
im starting a new one. some points will be added to certain people who were in the last one.

STAR WARS TRIVIA!

Here are the rules:
I will ask a question and the first 5 people that answers correctly will get points. There is only one answer per person possible.
I dont know when ill stop with the questions and declare a winner. we will see :D

Second good answer wins 4 points
Third good answer wins 3 point
Fourth good answer wins 2 points
Fifth good answer wins 1 point

Also:
The first one who gives me the most complete information and original answer. will get 1 point BONUS :D

ok.. first the points for the past contestants :D:
Jan Gaarni gets a 15 point jump
MikeC gets a 12 point jump
Com Raven gets a 10 points jump
Darth Evad gets a 7 points jump
Rogue 15 gets a 5 points jump
Darth Simpson gets a 2 points jump
Gaalgoth gets a 1 point jump
Like i said. these fellows competed in the old trivia thread. they get a head jump. try and catch them :D

Mister E and Wraith 8 do not get a head jump. cause they both are ME! :D

1st. Question:
Name all Bounty hunters present on the Super Star Destroyers bridge, that were summoned by Darth Vader to catch Han Solo and his ship. (According to the movie)
 Jan Gaarni
05-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Mister E and Wraith 8 do not get a head jump. cause they both are ME!
I knew I had seen that name before, Wraith, I just couldn't place it. :D You scoundrel, you. :p

Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, Boba Fett, IG-88 and Zuckuss.
 MikeC
05-16-2002, 1:14 PM

Only 12 points? Damn it Wraith - I want ALL my points back. ;)

I'm glad we're moving this onto a new thread. The old one was getting so long it was hard to keep up with.
 setsuko
05-16-2002, 2:15 PM
Dengar, Boba Fett, IG-88 Zuckuss 4-LOM and Bossk

Bring on dem hard questions, mon!
 Darth Evad
05-16-2002, 6:24 PM

Did you know that Dengar was ready to move on Solo when Greedo stepped in in the Cantina?
 setsuko
05-16-2002, 8:14 PM
Did you know that Dengar is ugly as muck?
 Gaalgoth
05-16-2002, 8:36 PM
Hey! Dengar is my mother you dispicable cur! =) and it's Bossk, Dengar =), Boba Fett, 4-LOM, IG-88 and Zuckuss.
 Wraith 8
05-17-2002, 7:25 AM
Answer:

BONUS goes to:
posted by Darth Evad:

Did you know that Dengar was ready to move on Solo when Greedo stepped in in the Cantina?He gets the points because i did not know that :D and cause he gave extra info :D.
Congratulations.

[Other info:]
posted by Jan Gaarni
I knew I had seen that name before, Wraith, I just couldn't place it. :D You scoundrel, you. :plol... that is another Nickname of mine i picked up some years ago. I only used Mister E for the last posts to make a new question and to save the thread from going down. hmm maybe i should make a sticky.

posted by MikeC
Only 12 points? Damn it Wraith - I want ALL my points back. ;)hahah sorry man. we have to let the new guys try also :D

posted by MikeC
I'm glad we're moving this onto a new thread. The old one was getting so long it was hard to keep up with.yeah i know :D that is one of the reasons i made a new one :D

posted by setsuko
Bring on dem hard questions, mon!You know i gave realy hard questions once, and a lot of people started complaing and wining. but ill look into it :D
[/Other info]

The points go to:
1st. Jan Gaarni 6 points
2nd. MikeC 4 points
3rd. setsuko 3 points
4th. Darth Evad 2 points
5th. Gaalgoth 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 21 points
2nd. MikeC 16 points
3rd. Com Raven 10 points
4th. Darth Evad 10 points
5th. Rogue 15 5 points
6th. Setsuko 3 points
7th. Darth Simpson 2 points
8th. Gaalgoth 2 points

2nd. Question
According to Yoda in Star Wars Episode V The Empire strikes back, what and where is the Force?
 Darth Evad
05-17-2002, 8:33 AM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. /Yoda points with his gimmer stick The rock. /Yoda points again
 setsuko
05-17-2002, 10:10 AM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. The rock.
 Jan Gaarni
05-17-2002, 10:18 AM
"Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship."

There is also these things called Midi-chlorians which live in the cells of all living things.
Some people don't like them, cause they seem to think Midi-chlorians provide you with the force. This is not true. They are merly an indicator on how strong the person can become. :D They are not the means to be intune with the Force.
 MikeC
05-17-2002, 1:39 PM
Yoda says it is in all living things. Of course we later find out that this isn't true with the introduction of the Yuzhon Vong (sp?).
 Com Raven
05-18-2002, 12:21 PM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. The rock.
 Darth Simpson
05-19-2002, 6:39 PM
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.

:D
 Gaalgoth
05-19-2002, 7:13 PM
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.

Wait a second.......that's not the answer.....
 MikeC
05-19-2002, 7:44 PM
Sounds pretty close to me. :p
 Wraith 8
05-19-2002, 7:59 PM
Answer:
Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship.

BONUS goes to:
posted by Jan Gaarni
"Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship."

There is also these things called Midi-chlorians which live in the cells of all living things.
Some people don't like them, cause they seem to think Midi-chlorians provide you with the force. This is not true. They are merly an indicator on how strong the person can become. They are not the means to be intune with the Force.He wins cause he put it very corerct and told a bit more info on Jedi's :D

Posted by Darth Simpson:
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.LOL.. i would give you point for the funniest post :D.. but i wont :p

[/Other info.]

The points go to:
1st. Darth Evad 6 points
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Jan Gaarni 3 points
4th. MikeC 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 25 points
2nd. MikeC 18 points
3rd. Darth Evad 16 points
4th. Com Raven 11 points
5th. Rogue 15 5 points
6th. Setsuko 7 points
7th. Darth Simpson 2 points
8th. Gaalgoth 2 points

3rd. Question:
What is the name of the X-wing Squadron Wedge Antilles made for the New Republic that could also be commando's?
 MikeC
05-19-2002, 8:08 PM
WRAITH SQUADRON

They were later transfered to New Republic Intelligence.
 MikeC
05-19-2002, 8:14 PM
A little more info. They first appeared in Books 5-7 of the X-Wing series. They were writen by Aaron Allston. I hear they have returned in the latest New Jedi Order books.

The original Wraiths included:
Wedge Antilles
Wes Janson
Myn Donos
Jesmin Ackbar
Hohass Ekwesh (Runt)
Garik Loran (Face)
Ton Phanan
Falynn Sandskimmer
Voort saBinring (Piggy)
Tyria Sarkin
Kell Tainer
Eurrsk Thri'ag
 setsuko
05-19-2002, 8:34 PM
Isn't it Wraith Squadron? Pretty good books, if I don't remember wrong. Don't think I've read most of them even, better check the local bookstore this tuesday.
 Gaalgoth
05-19-2002, 9:08 PM
Wraith Squadron
 Jan Gaarni
05-19-2002, 9:51 PM
Wraith Squadron!

Wraith Squadron was assembled by Wedge Antilles sometime in the second half of year 7 A.B.Y. It was composed of commandos, snipers, spies and infiltrators, making it capable to achieve much more than just dog fighting and blasting the crap out of ships. :D
 Darth Simpson
05-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Wraith Squadron.

Kell Tainer is probably my favourite from those books.
 Com Raven
05-20-2002, 3:14 PM
yeah, Kell Tainer is the coolest Wraith...

also, Corran Horn is a cool chara...
 MikeC
05-20-2002, 5:23 PM
I always liked Wes - the joker of the group.

Uh, Com Raven - Corran was in Rouge Squadron.
 Wraith 8
05-21-2002, 5:02 AM
Answer:
Wraith Squadron

Bonus goes to
This time the bonus gets devided in 2. 2 of you is getting this bouns because you both told something informative.

Posted by MikeC
WRAITH SQUADRON

They were later transfered to New Republic Intelligence.
A little more info. They first appeared in Books 5-7 of the X-Wing series. They were writen by Aaron Allston. I hear they have returned in the latest New Jedi Order books.

The original Wraiths included:
Wedge Antilles
Wes Janson
Myn Donos
Jesmin Ackbar
Hohass Ekwesh (Runt)
Garik Loran (Face)
Ton Phanan
Falynn Sandskimmer
Voort saBinring (Piggy)
Tyria Sarkin
Kell Tainer
Eurrsk Thri'ag

Posted by Jan Gaarni
Wraith Squadron!

Wraith Squadron was assembled by Wedge Antilles sometime in the second half of year 7 A.B.Y. It was composed of commandos, snipers, spies and infiltrators, making it capable to achieve much more than just dog fighting and blasting the crap out of ships.

Well my favorite Charachter is Garik Loran. and to the ones who read the book know that my Nick, Wraith 8, is his callsign. I personally like the books very much, a lot of Humor and excitement in it. In the first book Kell was my Favorite, but in Iron Fist and Solo Command i thought Garik was cooler :D
for the view of the books and some info go to:
Wraith Squadron (http://www.geocities.com/wraith_squadron_8)

[/Other info:]

The points go to:
1st. MikeC 6 points
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Gaalgoth 3 points
4th. Jan Gaarni 2 points
5th. Darth Simpson 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 27.5 points
2nd. MikeC 24.5 points
3rd. Darth Evad 16 points
4th. Com Raven 11 points
5th. Setsuko 11 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 3 points

4th. Question:
When Lando Calrissian took over the spice mines of Kessel, who did he call to help him in mines?

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 6:15 AM
Nien Nunb, who also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Han Solo blew up the 2nd Death Star.
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 6:18 AM
Oh, and here's my shot at the bonus: Nien is a sollustan, and the language used to portrait his language is actually a Kenyan dialect, called Hayan. :)
 Darth Evad
05-21-2002, 9:25 AM
Nien Nunb.
 Com Raven
05-21-2002, 9:36 AM
Nien Nunb, Sullustian...
 Jan Gaarni
05-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Nien Nunb, a Sullustan and long time friend and partner of Lando Calrissian. He also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Lando - along with Wedge - blew up the 2nd Death Star.

Yes he spoke Haya, a Kenyan dialect. and here's something found funny:
According to one popular anecdote, one of Nunb's lines translates to "one thousand herds of elephants are standing on my foot."

:D
LOL Would have loved to know exactly when in the movie he supposed to have said that. :D
 MikeC
05-21-2002, 12:33 PM
He called Nien Nunb. As others have mentioned he's the Sullustian who copiloted the Falcon in RotJ. He wanted his help because Sullustians are very much at home in the dark. That's what was needed to mine the spice on Kessel.
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 2:17 PM
*hits her head at the keyboard* WTF? I must have been very groggy this morning, Han solo destroying the 2:nd death star? He was on Endor for god's sake!

*very embarrassed* :D
 Jan Gaarni
05-21-2002, 5:31 PM
Well, he blew up something that allowed Lando blowing up the Death Star, so you're kinda right. lol :D
 MikeC
05-21-2002, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
*very embarrassed*
As well you should be. :p
 Com Raven
05-22-2002, 9:08 AM
you should all feel embarrassed
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Answer:
Nien Nunb

Bonus goes to
well. im a fair guy. im deviding the bonus again but now between 3 people:
Posted by Setsuko
Nien Nunb, who also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Han Solo blew up the 2nd Death Star.
Oh, and here's my shot at the bonus: Nien is a sollustan, and the language used to portrait his language is actually a Kenyan dialect, called Hayan.posted by Jan Gaarni
Nien Nunb, a Sullustan and long time friend and partner of Lando Calrissian. He also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Lando - along with Wedge - blew up the 2nd Death Star.

Yes he spoke Haya, a Kenyan dialect. and here's something found funny:
According to one popular anecdote, one of Nunb's lines translates to "one thousand herds of elephants are standing on my foot."

LOL Would have loved to know exactly when in the movie he supposed to have said that.Posted by MikeC
He called Nien Nunb. As others have mentioned he's the Sullustian who copiloted the Falcon in RotJ. He wanted his help because Sullustians are very much at home in the dark. That's what was needed to mine the spice on Kessel.Setsuko get 0.2 points and Jan and Mike gets 0.4.

The points go to:
1st. setsuko 6 points + 0.2 points
2nd. Darth Evad 4 points
3rd. Com Raven 3 points
4th. Jan Gaarni 2 points + 0.4 points
5th. MikeC 1 point + 0.4 points

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 29.9 points
2nd. MikeC 25.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 20 points
4th. Com Raven 14 points
5th. Setsuko 17.2 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 3 points

5th Question:
What is the designation of the red astromech droid Uncle Owen purchases before R2-D2?
 Jan Gaarni
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
I believe it was R5-D4, built by Industrial Automaton.

There have been many rumors about R5-D4 on why his motivator blew. One source state that R2-D2 sabotaged him to ensure he was not bought. Another states that he blew his own motivator so that R2 and 3PO wouldn't be seperated. And another states that R5-D4 was once a great Jedi - named Skippy. :D

The fact is that the R5 line was a cheap knockoff version to the previouse succesfull lines, in addition to his poor state at the time.
 RoyalGuard
05-23-2002, 1:26 PM
Time to get on the Trivia BandWagon...

Ok, Answer - R5-D4

extra-info: Indeed a cheap knock-off line designed to capitalise on the success of the R2 unit and appeal to more civilians due to their ability to pilot speeders independently, they tended to break down frequently and made consumers lose faith in Industrial Automaton until they released the R7 series...

can I have the bonus point for this being my first answer? Pretty please? Pretty please with Jar Jar's head on top? :p
 MikeC
05-23-2002, 1:28 PM
R5-D4
 Darth Evad
05-23-2002, 2:22 PM
R5-D4
 Darth Simpson
05-23-2002, 2:34 PM
 Vicious
05-24-2002, 3:05 AM
R5 D4 - kenner's ****tiest POTF 2 figure.
 Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 4:52 AM
Answer:
R5-D4

Bonus goes to
Bonus goed to Jan Gaarni.
Posted by Jan Gaarni
I believe it was R5-D4, built by Industrial Automaton.

There have been many rumors about R5-D4 on why his motivator blew. One source state that R2-D2 sabotaged him to ensure he was not bought. Another states that he blew his own motivator so that R2 and 3PO wouldn't be seperated. And another states that R5-D4 was once a great Jedi - named Skippy.

The fact is that the R5 line was a cheap nockoff version to the previouse succesfull lines, in addition to his poor state at the time.points go to:
1st. Jan Gaarni 6 points + 1 point
2nd. RoyalGuard 4 points
3rd. MikeC 3 points
4th. Darth Evad 2 points
5th. Darth Simpson 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 36.9 points
2nd. MikeC 28.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 22 points
4th. Setsuko 17.2 points
5th. Com Raven 14 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 4 points
9th. RoyalGuard 4 points

6th. Question:
What is the name of the creature that pushes the force away? it makes a force free bubble around it. what is the name of that creature?
 RoyalGuard
05-24-2002, 6:34 AM
The creature is a Ysalamari,

a small creature that looks like a caterpillar/lizard and is native to the planet Wayland. They were first used openly by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and after his death, anyone else who could find Wayland (like Talon Karrde). Scientists theorised that the Ysalamari's uniqyue ability was evolved as a form of defence from predators that hunt using the force as their primary scent (like the vornskyr - a panther-esque creature with a vicious stinging tale - that was later used as a genetic template for Yuuhzan-Vong Shapers to produce their dreaded Jedi-hunting Voxyn).

Thrawn first used the Ysalamari in conjunction with the cloning facilities on Wayland to produce a clone that would not go insane due to 'the pressure of the force' on their growth accelerated conciousness. This would allow him to quickly create a high-quality navy to crew his Katana fleet of dreadnauts. He later used ysalamari to avoid being fried by insane Jedi-clone Joruus C'boath (who was originally intended by Zahn to be an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Lucas shut that idea down).

enough background knowledge for bonus?
 setsuko
05-24-2002, 6:57 AM
Ysalamari. Also the name of a fun deck in the Star Wars card game!

Force drain
 Darth Evad
05-24-2002, 7:30 AM
Ysalamari. I hate those things.
 Com Raven
05-24-2002, 9:08 AM
Ysalamari...

they're cuuuuuute...
 MikeC
05-24-2002, 1:15 PM
Ysalamari
 Wraith 8
05-30-2002, 5:07 AM
Answer![
Ysalamari

Bonus goes to
RoyalGuard

posted by RoyalGuard
a small creature that looks like a caterpillar/lizard and is native to the planet Wayland. They were first used openly by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and after his death, anyone else who could find Wayland (like Talon Karrde). Scientists theorised that the Ysalamari's uniqyue ability was evolved as a form of defence from predators that hunt using the force as their primary scent (like the vornskyr - a panther-esque creature with a vicious stinging tale - that was later used as a genetic template for Yuuhzan-Vong Shapers to produce their dreaded Jedi-hunting Voxyn).

Thrawn first used the Ysalamari in conjunction with the cloning facilities on Wayland to produce a clone that would not go insane due to 'the pressure of the force' on their growth accelerated conciousness. This would allow him to quickly create a high-quality navy to crew his Katana fleet of dreadnauts. He later used ysalamari to avoid being fried by insane Jedi-clone Joruus C'boath (who was originally intended by Zahn to be an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Lucas shut that idea down).points go to:
1st. RoyalGuard 6 points + 1 point
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Darth Evad 3 points
4th. Com Raven 2 points
5th. MikeC 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 36.9 points
2nd. MikeC 29.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 25 points
4th. Setsuko 21.2 points
5th. Com Raven 16 points
6th. RoyalGuard 11 points
7th. Rogue15 5 points
8th. Gaalgoth 5 points
9th. Darth Simpson 4 points

7th. Question:
What is the name of the woman Jedi, Luke falls in love with on 'the eye of palpatine'?
Page: 1 of 4