Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fianlly got it!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthTenor
05-15-2002, 6:15 PM
It is finally out here in California. So far I just read the manual. (I usually do that with many games.) There are a lot of changes not only with civ team bonuses and fortress bonuses, But also to regular units.

Here are some that I remember of the top of my head.

Most civs that are strong in jedi have them at a cheaper cost and their upgrades are alot cheaper. (at least the jedi upgrades)

Turrets and towers cost more

Civs that are not strong in the air get increased range on anti air units. (Researched I believe)

Mounted units have more dura armour when upgraded and are slightly effective against jedi. They have reduced damage against Assault mechs.

Artillery damage against mech have been reduced.

Strike mechs are more damaging to workers.

Air units that fire against anti air weapons and destroyers are not as effective.

fighters do less damage to workers.

Grenades are more effective against heavy weapons.

Bounty hunters do less damage against jedi.

Thats all fo now.

Got to try it.
 Gandalf[NL]
05-15-2002, 6:26 PM
COOL! i got it too!! It Rocks, now just more variety with 2 extra civs..

which you like most: Republic or Confederacy and with is stronger in your opinion?
 Kvan
05-15-2002, 6:37 PM
Cool!
How do you feel about the Air Cruisers?
 DarthTenor
05-15-2002, 9:23 PM
Yeah it really is quite good. I'm not used to all the changes yet. As far as wich is better? It is too hard too tell right now but I think the republic has a good edge. With strong jedi, air and troopers, (quick producing I might add after you research and upgrade) They are really a nice civ choice.

As far as the cruisers are concerned they are really the cannon of the skies. They have great range and can dismantle a squad of enemy units with ease. They are vulnerable to anti air and fighters if you don't have them gaurded by fighters and other ranged units. They are also very expensive. (650 F and 650 N I think)

It is really to early to see what dominant strategies will come out. Although I wish more people would post more opinions.

Well I have been playing against the AI and it is way better than I imagined. Granted an good player will easily beat it. It's jsut that it does keep pace with you as far as teching and actually combines their untis really well. It's not they are smart it is just that they seem to be better and bring groups of good units together. It is also neat to watch them play each other. The compuer makes at least 125 workers and 125 military units they will control.
 WolfmanNCSU
05-15-2002, 9:27 PM
I also just got my copy today too. Very nice. I have not played it a whole lot, but I will be doing a little playing tonight after dinner. :fett: So far so good. I got my copy from the EB and I know that it is availible at Babbages too today. It releases tomorrow at BestBuy and CompUSA. Just thought I would spread the word about where gamers can find it in the US.

I look forward to playing some of the clone campaign missions!!! :atat:
 Admiral Jerrodd
05-15-2002, 10:02 PM
Gandalf Where did you get it? You must be the first in Europe to have it? :confused: :confused:
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-15-2002, 10:49 PM
One question. Is the mulitplayer good so far?
 CatholLynAyt
05-16-2002, 2:52 AM
I got my copy at EB today (actually Software, Etc., but I think they're the same company). So far I've just played as the Republic against the computer, but it's really cool. I was continually amazed at how the Ep II units look and attack. The AT-TEs and Jedi Starfighters are great if you get the chance to use them. The JS is like the snowspeeder but with homing missiles instead of lasers and the AT-TEs of course remind me of AT-ATs. Next I'm going to try the Confederacy but I think I'll wait until tomorrow night, after I've seen the movie. There is definitely spoiler material in the game (mostly in the Databank so far; I'm not really a campaigns guy), so I'm trying to steer clear of it.
Page: 1 of 1