Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm new here.. and some questions :)

Page: 1 of 1
 Gandalf[NL]
05-15-2002, 5:14 PM
Hello everybody in here, playing SW: GB since the release and the last months i was waiting for the X-Pac and i got it now :).. already following this forum a while..

I'm Currently looking for a clan, i'm not that suberb, but
i'm not the standard n00b :)

and i got a question for DarthMaulUK and other CC owners,

which civ do you like more and thing is stronger: The Republic & Confederacy..

The Republic is in Tech 4 very strong, with there faster Air Crusers, Jedi Fighters (Stealth and Shields) and you can make in 1 second a trooper, with Droid Assistant, Progragging & Kaminoan Clones, just set up 3 troop centers, all pump out 15, build a lot of shelters and you can keep the coming with a good economy... They have all the JEDI upgrades + a extra one, with gives Pre-Cognitive Sight which Jedi's can put into troopers

The Confederacy is cool, but is it able to stop the REALLY POWER of the republic???
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-15-2002, 6:40 PM
Why are we suddenly suffering Dutch invasion? *Looks at Leo*

(Inside joke :D )
 Admiral Jerrodd
05-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Is it out in Holland then?

that would be a welcome supprice...
 DarthMaulUK
05-15-2002, 11:42 PM
hmm..

Ok, i will try to answer your questions.

I love the republic. However, depending on who and where you play, might depend on your strategy.

On the MSN ZONE, alot of 'inters' and experts prefer to 'rush'. This means that within 10 minutes of playing, you could expect an early T1 or T2 attack.

So, with this in mind, you have to see the benefits from each civ at this early stage. I still think that the Republic is better early on - as clone troopers seem to be pretty good plus being a droid work force, they can repair each other if damaged..something the confeds cant do with their workers.

Is it out in Holland? No. Could and should be May 31st but people are saying middle of June. :-(

DMUK
 Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 4:29 AM
lol... i want that game... especially when Eets said to me that he finished the game.... :(... good.. another Dutchy. heheheheeh
muhahhahahaha
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-16-2002, 4:30 AM
MIDDLE OF JUNE? HOLY LORD!!!!!:mad:
 Gandalf[NL]
05-16-2002, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulUK
hmm..

Ok, i will try to answer your questions.

I love the republic. However, depending on who and where you play, might depend on your strategy.

On the MSN ZONE, alot of 'inters' and experts prefer to 'rush'. This means that within 10 minutes of playing, you could expect an early T1 or T2 attack.

So, with this in mind, you have to see the benefits from each civ at this early stage. I still think that the Republic is better early on - as clone troopers seem to be pretty good plus being a droid work force, they can repair each other if damaged..something the confeds cant do with their workers.

Is it out in Holland? No. Could and should be May 31st but people are saying middle of June. :-(

DMUK

thanx DMUK!! but you missed this one:

The Confederacy is cool, but is it able to stop the REALLY POWER of the republic???

'what is a decent t3 Confed Force, the Geonisian Warrior is good in knocking out ground troops and jedi!! some Super Battle Droids will work fine, and in the latest stage they are awesome, but to combo with??
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-16-2002, 2:19 PM
The Confids have better troops and mechs and has UU controllable animals.

Hope that helps.
 safire
05-17-2002, 3:38 PM
Another Hollander here... but since I live in the US, CC is already in my hands. Very fun.

The Confeds get a "Anti-Air Retrofit" Tech 4 upgrade in the Heavy Weapons Factory. It makes those wheeled anti air units really powerful and increases the line of sight. Especially good against the air cruisers. Eventhough the Republic can have air superiority the Confeds can guard well against the air units. I think TF might get this upgrade too.

The creatures that the Confeds can create is also good against workers, turrets, and troopers - no upgrade costs only food to build. If you create a lot of farms then you can augment any of your battledroid forces with these cheap units.
 DutchTiran
05-24-2002, 5:53 AM
I'm planning to buy GB, but is this forum all dutch?
 Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 7:39 AM
Originally posted by DutchTiran
I'm planning to buy GB, but is this forum all dutch? Nee sorry... maar de GB forums hebben wel een aantal Nederlanders :D.. zoals mij :D
 polaris_crd
05-26-2002, 6:00 PM
I'm going to join GWA "Gallactic Warfare Alliance". There are a lot of nice people in that clan not to mention some skill. GWA_Champion is a solid player. Man did he destroy me...lol Ask someone in the clan for their recruiting site.

I don't know much about the TS clan other then this... There is one group of them on the zone that rushes every single game. So watch out and expect a T2 rush within 5-6 minutes. They favor maps in which the carbon is in the center so they can cut you off and slowly destroy you.
 Ready Wan
05-27-2002, 8:50 PM
interesting :)
Page: 1 of 1