Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the monthly fee

Page: 1 of 1
 Saiyan22
05-14-2002, 11:25 PM
I've never played a mmorpg before, or any game with a monthly fee, was never really worth it (before SWG of course) to me.

just a quick question to those that have...

are you limited to just paying by credit card?
and do you have to sign up over the net or is there ussaully an order form in the box too?

thx
 Absath
05-15-2002, 2:09 AM
well it depends. its very likely that the only method will be credit cards. it took EQ over a year to come up with the store purchaseable game cards. it is possible that SWG will offer some sort of check payable service, like DAoC does

I'm 99.9% sure that you sign up online. Why wouldn't you? you play the whole game online...

-Abs
 FWB
05-15-2002, 5:57 PM
Payment will most likely be based on the popularity of the game. Obviously a credit card will be the default method, but if SWG proves to develop a big enough fan base, then perhaps time and effort will be put into in store vouchers.
 setsuko
05-15-2002, 6:59 PM
I'd guess online signup, $11-13 a month, major creditcards (Mastercard, Visa, etc), and some % off the price if you sign up for several months. Thats how the 'Market' works by now.
 Ascari
05-15-2002, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
I'd guess online signup, $11-13 a month, major creditcards (Mastercard, Visa, etc), and some % off the price if you sign up for several months. Thats how the 'Market' works by now.

Is that price the definate price per month?

somewhere else I read it was 6 us $
 setsuko
05-15-2002, 8:27 PM
there was no set price last time I looked. But... all other major games lies in the range $10-13. People WILL pay at least that for SWG. If they can get away with their product at those prices, why settle for less (i.e. 6$)? After all, more players=more servers=bigger costs. So not every additional player is a complete win for them. I'm happy if they sell it at less than 15 bucks a month... (since AO was $13 a month, $15 is not an impossible guess. Unpleasant, but not impossible)
 Ascari
05-16-2002, 5:00 PM
And there I was thinking I could afford 2 MMORPG's at the same time...

SW:G and WOW...

well I suppose WOW will just have to go and make room for starwars
 Bru Mithrakk
05-16-2002, 8:43 PM
DAoC was $12 a month and Ј6 a month in the UK.
 setsuko
05-16-2002, 8:46 PM
And well, you often get away cheaper if you pay for 3 or 6 months at the same time, so the real cost is a little bit lower than the 'official month cost'.
 Ascari
05-17-2002, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
And well, you often get away cheaper if you pay for 3 or 6 months at the same time, so the real cost is a little bit lower than the 'official month cost'.

how much cheaper are we talking about?
 setsuko
05-17-2002, 10:23 AM
That is up to the marketing folks. For comparason, here's the DAoC prices:

1 month: $13
3 months: $12/month
6 months: $11/month

Most likely, something likely will be available
Page: 1 of 1