Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestions for a better AI.

Page: 1 of 1
 polaris_crd
05-14-2002, 3:25 PM
I love this game. I think Lucas did a good job. Here are some ideas to help modify the AI. I think the engine only needs some modifications to make the AI play better. Here are some suggestions for a better AI.

"IN TRANSIT"--Sometimes enemy troops will walk right past some of my men and not even give them a second look. You can bring in troops behind the army and pick them off one by one and most of them keep on walking. I heard about the new x-pack having the move-attack command. This will hopefully fix that problem. I think the AI should attack any enemy units it sees along its path. The AI right now is too easy to ambush.

"TARGET PRIORITY" I think the AI should have a priority in the units they target to attack. For example: The enemy AI will target a attacking troop before they worry about a worker, and take down a turrent before they bother with the wall. I've noticed that some of the enemy troops will chase a lowly worker while my troops fire at him. First priority should be to attack units that can actually attack back.

"WHERE IS THE DOOR?" You know how an entire army will walk right up to your wall and then move back and forth trying to find a way in while your turrents slowly kill them? The AI should be instructed to make their own way in, because sometimes it doesn't pay to ignore the wall and try to walk around it.

"Smarter ARMY GROUPS" I think the AI should build better attacking groups with more assault mechs.

"Say Uncle!" I've had the AI give up before I've even really attacked their base. The AI shouldn't give up until all of the following are false; have at least one worker; have at least one soldier; has a military building / command center "AND" at least enough resourse to build one unit or building. The AI should also be incouraged to expand and build other bases on the map.
 polaris_crd
05-14-2002, 3:43 PM
I think the AI should also have a better way of finding weakness in a base and then exploit it.
Page: 1 of 1