Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is the AI in Clone Campaigns smarter? Do units stand around?

Page: 1 of 1
 arthur
05-14-2002, 5:00 AM
:o

Do the air ships and certain troops still stand around if they can't fire on each other?

Thanks for the info.
 fido4fox
05-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Well the only ground units that can fire at air units are the anti air troops and the anti air heavy's.

AND, a unit will stand around and not do anything if the target is not in its visual range. You may be able to see it, but the troop cant see that far, so they dont attack until it gets into range!

Hope that helps!

Fido
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-14-2002, 2:13 PM
Uh,... what Fido said.
 Kvan
05-14-2002, 2:56 PM
Oh man! I think the AI is a lot smarter! It still appears to attack in the same spot though, over and over again :( BUT I lost to it last night not because they destoryed me but because they collected all the Holocrons, and I could make it in time to get them back :( It took me by total suprise, I forgot that you can win by holding the holocrons for a certain amount of time.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-14-2002, 4:38 PM
Heh, sucker.:p
 Gaming Nut
05-14-2002, 6:38 PM
Nothing new their they beat me like that once it NEVER happened again I leave them one casue winnign like that sucks but I take 90% of them.
 Kvan
05-14-2002, 6:43 PM
Originally posted by Gaming Nut
Nothing new their they beat me like that once it NEVER happened again I leave them one casue winnign like that sucks but I take 90% of them. Really? Cause I never get the Holocrons( I know I should), and its the first time its happened to me :)
 Gaming Nut
05-15-2002, 1:55 PM
You really should 4 or 5 of them can get you nova at pace that can matian an airforce. And over time they build up huge resveres they also let you keep making planes, heavy weapons, and assualt mechs. While he has to use mech destroyers, troopers and they like. He could sell carbon and food for cash but after a few sales he's not getting much from that.

Usally you don't get them all or even many but even one is well worth the 100 nova for the sith to pick it up. Frist thing IU do at tech two is go holocron hunting if for no other reason then to make sure he ahs to fight me.
 safire
05-17-2002, 3:44 PM
After the first game of SWGB:CC, I'd say the AI is a lot smarter. Yes, they still tend to use the same attack paths and you can slap a fortress wherever they first engaged your base and repel nearly everything. But I did notice that they quickly augmented their forces with anti-air when I built Jedi Starfighters and started hunting them. Air Forces against the computer AI won't rule as much as they used to in the original SWGB. They also use a better variety of units.
 Gaming Nut
05-17-2002, 6:28 PM
Slightly better but still dumb as a brick IMO yeah they still take the same path, use all the same units each time they attack never lay seige but charge head on into heavy defenses but since they build AA their alot better. :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1