Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW RPG Revised Edition

Page: 1 of 1
 Kvan
05-14-2002, 4:47 AM
Hi! Gee, I haven't posted here in a LONG time :) Well anyway, I was wondering who all has the SW RPG D20 Revised Edition? What don't you like about it? What do you like about it?
You see I heard really good things about it and ordered it. So why I wait for it to get here, I wanna hear what you think the good and bad points are of it.
Oh and also, when is Gamer coming to an end? I heard they were ending it but didn't know at what issue...
 Heavyarms
05-14-2002, 12:56 PM
yeah, you haven't :D anyways, I don't have it, but I hear dash and wraith do.
 Wraith 5
05-14-2002, 1:24 PM
I like it!!!

I havn't had a lot of time to read all the way though it, so i don't know what is bad about it...

Though one bad thing is the price, it is like 10 dollars more then the first edition, but then again you are also getting at lest 100 pages of more information in this book as well...

I really like the tech class, expect to see me in a game some day with a pc made in part with the tech class

Oh and kvan welcome back!!!

You here to stay or just dropping by?
 Kvan
05-14-2002, 3:14 PM
10 dollars more? I got mine on Amazon for 27...I paid more for the original :(
How many people do you have playing now Wraith?
Are all the sourcebooks kinda pointless now since the new rules? Or do they basically stay intact?
 Wraith 5
05-14-2002, 3:41 PM
how many people.....

something like 15-20 total i think....

The sorce books are still very needed for what they are, only a few things out of each were added to the core book...

examples would be feats skills and pressiges classes (dark side book gave darkside devote, darkside marader, and rage, maybe a few other things, but the sith classes are still only found in the darkside book)
 hannibalscipio
06-03-2002, 2:23 AM
Well, this month I'm gonna get the new rulebook for my b-day, from a store or on E-Bay. We have quite a few people in the RPGs, prehaps even more once I get the book and start my RPG.:D
 Heavyarms
06-03-2002, 1:12 PM
a couple of things:

1. They didn't explain ALL of the species that you can choose. (EU?)
2. It was a bit confusing to read straight through...
3. Needed a larger vehicle database. Ships I was hoping for weren't in there!
 Wraith 5
06-03-2002, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Heavyarms
a couple of things:

1. They didn't explain ALL of the species that you can choose. (EU?)

That is what the Alien Anothogy is for.

2. It was a bit confusing to read straight through...

What seems to be out of order?

3. Needed a larger vehicle database. Ships I was hoping for weren't in there!
That is what Starships of the Galaxy are for.
 DashRendar
06-03-2002, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
That is what Starships of the Galaxy are for.

Not to mention the SWRPG Fansites out there...

O and HA I found you a Strike Cruiser, but if you use it I'm resigning. O and you really should put someone in as the pilot. *Cough*Bevel*Cough*

O and I have no idea when or if I'm gonna get the Revised Edition. After all I can also bum stuff off of Eets once he gets it. :D ;)
 Heavyarms
06-03-2002, 4:46 PM
Well, currently, Bevel IS piloting, and I'll make my own strike cruiser.

He can also use the turrets and stuff, right?
 Wraith 5
06-03-2002, 6:59 PM
who bevel??

not while he is piloting...

He could shoot some main gunnes if you got some.
 Heavyarms
06-03-2002, 7:47 PM
yeah, the ion guns are forward manned.
 lon
06-22-2002, 4:08 AM
question:

i'm running a game set during the clone wars, but i got no stats for any confed. mechs.

commerce guild mechs
IBC anti-air mechs
and geonosian starfighters

any fan sites or anything have some write-ups for these, cuz i wouldn't even know where to begin designing these. ;)

any help is appreciated.

-lon
 Wraith 5
06-22-2002, 4:38 AM
my first suggestion would be swrpgnetwork.com.

I havn't been there for a while, but they normaly have a lot of good stuff...

edit-

here you go...

Geonosian Starfighter (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1557)

Hailfire Droid Tanks (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1556)

That is all i could find for now...

Do you have the revised core book? There maybe a few in there... I havn't looked resintly...
 lon
06-22-2002, 5:02 AM
awesome, thanks a lot =)

this puts my heart at ease. =)

i do have the revised book, and it does rock, with a few minor problems that need some attention.

as for AotC stuff, i guess i wanted more. but it does have super battledroids, republic gunships and the huge proto-star destroyer transports, and geonosians and kaminoans.

it's by no means a bad book, just missing a few stats that i need to make things work in the war. ;)

thanks again!

-lon
 Wraith 5
06-22-2002, 5:10 AM
Not a problem i am always willing to help a fellow GM!

i was just wondering if you had the rcrb or not, just because i am at work and really can't look right now to see what is in there and what is not...

if you know how to convert stats form d6-d20, swrpgnetwork, has some of the other stuff you are looking for in d6 format...

stop by anytime, you are welcome to start a game here, if you would like.... no mater if it is d20 system or not...
 DashRendar
06-22-2002, 5:11 AM
So, Ion is this gonna be a tabletop game or an online one?
 lon
06-24-2002, 12:52 AM
this is actually the 2nd game in a 3 game series, tabletop. i play with my roomates. =)

we started off running the adventure concurrent with episode 1. the 2nd adventure will be after ep. 2 during the clone wars, and the 3rd will most likely be a jump to the rebellion era during the empire strikes back. that is assuming of course they can evade darth vader during downtime between adventure 2 and 3. ;)

the party consists of a twilek jedi, a fargul force adept, a twilek "grey" jedi (house rules) and a human soldier merc, with the NPC party member being a Jawa Finding Child (house prestige class based on shockwave fanfilm u can find on TF.N)

it's gone great so far, and i'm eager to get to the 2nd adventure. =)

thank u all for the offer of running a game here, but i'm a little swamped right now and don't really have the time. =/

i'll probably hang around tho and just chat it up. =)

-lon
 Wraith 5
06-24-2002, 11:27 PM
grey jedi?

I have made a class the is called grey one, i would love to know what kinda stuff yours has in it...

If you want to look at mine it can be found at http://www.uwrf.edu/~tw80/greyone.html)
 hannibalscipio
06-25-2002, 2:51 AM
I'm gonna get the new book soon. I wanna learn how to make my own RPGs. Where should I go to get the book for cheap? E-bay?
 lon
06-25-2002, 9:56 PM
Page: 1 of 1