Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Direct 3D video card help

Page: 1 of 1
 LCPD
05-13-2002, 2:53 AM
I have a direct 3d video card (one that comes with the computer that us usually garbage). how do i get it to work on JK2? Even a little direct 3d enhancing would help my low framerate. PLEEZ HELP!
 Pier
05-13-2002, 2:56 PM
What's the make of the card?
If you read the requirements of the game, the graphics card has to be 100% OpenGL compliant. So an S3 ViRGE will probably not work. ;)
 bar-bar mandrel
05-14-2002, 7:03 PM
Please note that opengl is NOT the same as Direct3D
 LCPD
05-14-2002, 10:34 PM
You're right. It isn't open gl. Mabye lucasarts will make it direct 3d compatible on the next update.
 mikroba
05-15-2002, 6:16 PM
Hi!

I suggest you to try SciTech's GLDirect softare. It emulates OpenGL through Direct3D.
Since I upgraded to WindowsXP, its the only way I could play Jedi Outcast on my Thinkpad. But I'm using the demo version which is good only for 30 days - it's not perfect I have the rotating lightsaber on the starting screen in the middle of the screen, but that is just a minor "problem".
So, download the trial version of this GLDirect.
Page: 1 of 1