Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

city?...or town?

Page: 1 of 1
 arguile
05-13-2002, 1:56 AM
how can a player made city ever be more than a town. the player made stuff can only be a collection of small houses and stores. there wont be the huge walls and building structures of the developers cities. or will they? will we be able to make cities as grand as the others? or will we be limited to making the small towns of the worlds?
 MikeC
05-13-2002, 2:24 AM
I'm pretty sure we can build factories and defenses and things like that.
 Rommel
05-13-2002, 4:20 AM
Yes once we put together a certain amount of houses we can then decide to be a town by voting on a city counsel or mayor or something like that. Once we are a incorporated town we can then make open spaces in the town like fountains and other stuff as well as defenses around the town and walls surrounding it. As long as it is not in a battle zone open pvp wouldn't be allowed as I understand it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

The coolest thing about a town is, it has to be a town for the town leaders or at least I assume the leaders to decide to dedicate special portions of the town assets towards research in specialty area, such as hyperdrive core's, this would allow the town as a whole to build whatever type of ships that a town that size can build.

Or of course if the leaders are jedi we could decide to dedicate it to learning the jedi way and then people would come to the town to learn the level we have achieved, like a teaching center.

Personally I'd prefer the ship idea cuz that would all make us rich and hey lets face it I don't think anyone here is surprised thats what I'd want, LOL.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 4:50 AM
well it could be cool to have a city... but where would you build it?? i would never build on Tattooine..... i think more like Naboo or something...
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Well come on people, join teh associates. I went ahead and added it to the PA section, you all just need to join and tell me what the occupation you want is. We will definitly have our own city.
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 11:44 AM
yeah but where are yah gonna build it?? not on Tattooine i hope....
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 11:50 AM
It's still up in the air. I had thought of tattoinne because it will probably be popular, but honestly I don't really care. Once the beta comes out at least one of us will have it ::glares at MikeC:: and we can find out where people like to be. Then we can build there.
 MikeC
05-13-2002, 11:54 AM
How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not in the beta... yet.

I might suggest Correllia for a base of operations. It would probably have more resources and be more central to trade than Tatooine.

Or of course if the leaders are jedi we could decide to dedicate it to learning the jedi way and then people would come to the town to learn the level we have achieved, like a teaching center. That's a great idea. Watch an imp fleet show up and bombard the city to dust from orbit. Or worse. :deathstar
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 11:56 AM
haha....yeah, and it's so much prettier too.....Hey, did I hear correctly that people with a lot of posts might be put in the beta as well?
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
haha....yeah, and it's so much prettier too.....Hey, did I hear correctly that people with a lot of posts might be put in the beta as well? WHAT? repeat that please?? where did you hear that??

i vote for corellia
 Ascari
05-13-2002, 6:05 PM
i vote vor correlia

And eh

NO THE BETA APPLICATION WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY YOUR POSTS.

it says so in the faq!
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 7:03 PM
Oh that it won't be....that's what I read. My mistake.
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Too bad for wraith....he has been getting his fingers numb for nothing.

Do you guys think that, when you hit a certain number of occupants, the empire will install a garrison in the town/city?
And how about quests, will all the quests available in the town be created by the players, or will they be randomly generated too?
 MikeC
05-14-2002, 12:58 PM
I imagine there will be npc generated quests as well as player generated.
 Ascari
05-14-2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by MikeC
I imagine there will be npc generated quests as well as player generated.

make sure u complete those quests or else a bountyhunter will come looking for u :)
 Jan Gaarni
05-14-2002, 2:18 PM
Or of course if the leaders are jedi we could decide to dedicate it to learning the jedi way and then people would come to the town to learn the level we have achieved, like a teaching center.
Uhm ... yeah ... right.
Let me tell you, if anyone become Jedi - especially if they are the town leaders - and openly admits it, expect me to get the hell out of there. I'm not about to become target practice for the Empire. :D

Oh, and I'm in. :cool:
 Ascari
05-14-2002, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Uhm ... yeah ... right.
Let me tell you, if anyone become Jedi - especially if they are the town leaders - and openly admits it, expect me to get the hell out of there. I'm not about to become target practice for the Empire. :D

Oh, and I'm in. :cool:

Sounds more like a entrapment from the empire :)

"All force sensitive people come here and u will become a Jedi!"

in the mean time the room is filling with gas ;)
 Darth Maxx
05-14-2002, 3:49 PM
Don't worry guys, Death Star's destroyed in the game. We don't have that much to fear. And so what, I'll ****ing tell the Emperor if you talk to the rebels.

Darth Snatch I am, moehahahahah

Tffft. :D
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 4:05 PM
What you gonna do then eh? eh?

I am going to tell whining luke!! haha! And he can shoot Womprats!
 Darth Maxx
05-14-2002, 4:13 PM
pff, I'm a droid maker. Beat that
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 4:19 PM
Damn!

*runs away
 Jan Gaarni
05-14-2002, 4:21 PM
Oh and another thing.
You can make multistoried houses aswell, not just small houses, aswell as walls and defences.
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 4:27 PM
Yeah, we can build a bigass fortress, that would own
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-14-2002, 4:50 PM
I would like to build a secret rebel base on..................... nah, I won't tell u.
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 4:57 PM
On HOTH?? Isn't it? am I right? :)

I won't tell vader, I promise ;)
 Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
Too bad for wraith....he has been getting his fingers numb for nothing.lol... you know i didnt get this post count just here :D... i go to liek 5 forums on the lucasforums.. so :D
 MikeC
05-14-2002, 11:47 PM
I know - Crazy_dog wants to build his Rebel base on Coruscant!
 Jan Gaarni
05-15-2002, 3:14 AM
LOL :D

Could have fooled me, Wraith. :p

j/k of course. ;)
 gavor
05-15-2002, 3:39 AM
Darth Snatch. heh heh heh..

Dont you mean Darth Snitch?
 Wraith 8
05-15-2002, 4:21 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
LOL :D

Could have fooled me, Wraith. :p

j/k of course. ;) lol... yeah i know.. cause these boards are now growing fast... i do post here more then at othe rboards :D

and Crazy dog is like his name BTW... ive met him on the galactic battleground forums :D :D ;)
Page: 1 of 1