Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

medichloreansazsasdf

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 5:34 PM
however its spelled , but can you get a medichloreon coount of yourself to see how likely or if any you will become force sensitive?
 arguile
05-11-2002, 5:43 PM
...i really dont think its that random man...it says on the official faq that anyone that wants to be a jedi can be a jedi. you dont have some random midichlorian count. it doenst say you could be a jedi...it says can. you just gotta find a mission to send you on the right path... and you cant swerve on it by picking some fights with ramdom people. its not gonna be random though. the devs wouldnt want you to not be what you wanna be because its random. its just gonna be tough to get there. and im bettin there wont be difference in anyone's midichlorian count. the only difference between jedi will probably be where they've allocated their points.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 6:01 PM
so wouldn't the dev's have ahard time controlling the jedi population if everyone can be one?
 Zendjir
05-11-2002, 6:28 PM
The devs probably wont control the jedi population, the following factors will:

1. It's really hard to become a jedi. You must first find a master/ holocron/ jedi bookthingy to learn you the required skills. And those will probably not be found around every streetcorner. And the components for a lightsaber are hard to find, especially the crystals. So only dedicated players will be able to become jedi.
2. You will be hunted down by bountyhunters, vader, dark/light jedi. There are far more ppl looking to kill jedi than there are jedi, so being a jedi is dangerous.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 7:42 PM
yes but the dev's said that tey want hardcore and caasual players alike to become jedis, and they also said that once you die its not permanent so it doesn't matter how many times you're killed you're still a jedi
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 7:54 PM
yeah, but it will probably take at least 100 hours of play time to be a jedi--at least. That's if you do everything right the first time, which you won't. Most players don't have the patience to wait that long. and there will be a penalty to dying, so it will be a pain to be hunted down.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 7:59 PM
but if you are not in a faction then you can't be pvped correct?
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:03 PM
more or less....you can still be killed, but it isn't as easy. If killed in a non battlefield area, you can report them. but any one can be killed anywhere, when you're neutral it's just harder to be pvped than when you are in a faction.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:23 PM
To me, this still sounds appealing..

I'd love to be a Jedi.
A light side jedi that is.

And I shall have an orange saber (go holland!)
Man... just the search to become a Jedi is so cool.

Although I may need some help from people... (for people who dont take hints very well: HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT)

Apart from my Jedi wannabee character I shall probably have a smuggler or something. Since I suspect that the jedi ways will be frustrating at some points :)

Hmm... I just realised a problem:

What if with 1 character u become really high in the Rebel fraction and with the other character really high in the imperial fraction.

U can use that information to benefit yourselves or others...

sounds nasty!
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:26 PM
And lo the age of double agents is born.....it's james bond in space! No, I'm sure the devs have thought of this and they will ahve something to counter it.....
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 8:37 PM
or have they....
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:38 PM
or HAVEN'T they......shuttup......
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:41 PM
maybe they have!
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:44 PM
Well if you love it so much then why don't you marry it!
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 8:50 PM
Ok, NOW I'm confused. :confused:

What are you guys flaming about now?
Midicloriens?
Factions?
or
Multiple characters?
:)
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:53 PM
Whether or not you can have a high-ranking imperial and a high ranking rebel on the same server. This would be bad because then people could give out information to the other side.
 Darth Maxx
05-11-2002, 9:01 PM
I think that the people who fixate themselves on becoming a jedi, will never become one. It just has to fall out of the sky(rude example but hey)
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 9:01 PM
Then where did ...
Well if you love it so much then why don't you marry it!
... come from?

I would have understood it if you were talking about midicloriens, but that made no sense and was completly unnecessary.
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 9:04 PM
...or was it?
 Darth Maxx
05-11-2002, 9:05 PM
**GRMBL**
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 9:08 PM
Well Maxx, to a degree I agree with you. There will be many people who think that they will become a jedi and when they can't tehy will stop playing, and there will be others that try to be ajedi and when they don't become one settle for something else. But I don't think that everyone who wants to be a jedi and only a jedi won't become one.....there will be few jedi, but no that few. I predict maybe a couple hundred or so (of varying skill levels, and i'm including people that are only force sensitive) on each server at any given time after the game has been out for a couple of months. Those aren't great odds with the thousands that will be playing, but they're better than you all make it out to be. It's not going to be like three people at a time.
 Ascari
05-12-2002, 9:40 AM
Besides Jedi's aren't all powerfull

It's not like u can be on the same level as Yoda ( especially not if u seen him on the movie ) or Anaken (vader)
 Darth Maxx
05-12-2002, 11:54 AM
duh, Anakin's the chosen one. And Vader allready is an NPC.
 Gaalgoth
05-12-2002, 11:30 PM
No, they aren't all powerful, but that little thing called the force will come in mighty handy in a fight.
 gavor
05-13-2002, 1:33 AM
But Gaal, people will target you in a fight and after the fight they may try to hunt you down, or at the very least sell your info to someone else who will hunt you down. Being a known jedi will make for a short lifespan me thinks.

Remember, Jedi are a hunted species, the Empire wants the lot of them killed. I doubt you'll be free to saunter around cities, lightsabre a-dangling from your belt.
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Yeah, but also remember that it will be a little difficult to find one person out of thousands on one of 8 planets. Besides, I'm sure a resourceful jedi would have ways to amke it harder to be found.
 Lord Helmet
05-13-2002, 5:42 PM
hate to tell you the jedi aren't a species..more of a profession but not species
 Ascari
05-13-2002, 8:14 PM
Never the less,

When your name pops up above your heard ur screwed :)
 Lord Helmet
05-13-2002, 9:50 PM
can you change your name?
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 9:57 PM
Very doubtful, unless it's some kind of temporary or expensive fake id. who knows though
 gavor
05-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Not a literal species but a metaphorical species for the purposes of making my point :).
 Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by Ascari
And I shall have an orange saber (go holland!)
Man... just the search to become a Jedi is so cool.
LOL... you know that was my idea aswell :D :D.... hahahha
 Ascari
05-14-2002, 1:17 PM
Ah well,

Jedi... if I become force sensitive i will be one. If i dont.. i'll just stick to my B plan :)
Page: 1 of 1