Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

job to job

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 5:31 PM
Let's say iw as a bounty hunter and I became forcew sensitive could i trade most aor all of my skills to fit more jedish purposes and umm what about attributes could they change
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 7:42 PM
Yes you can, but you'll have to learn and refine those skills before you can add skillpoints to it ... atleast that's how I understand the last part.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 7:47 PM
and the attributes?
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 7:50 PM
attributes never change after player creation. whatever they are set at, they stay as.
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 7:54 PM
You mean attributes of each race?
No, I don't think soo.

It's like, when you start, u get basically the same attributes no matter what race. But there are extra attributes included also. Like, and this is just an example, wookiees can be the only once that can build and repair bowcasters for instance.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 7:57 PM
im talkking about the strength , will power focus stuff.. not that race attributes
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 7:58 PM
According to CGW, attributes like health and strength never change, no matter how long you play your character. Those were the attributes I was talking about. Of course, different races will have different amounts of each, i.e. trans will have more health than others, wookies more strength, zabraks more willpower.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 8:07 PM
i better pick the best attributes for a jedi at the start then
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:10 PM
No no, that's not what I mean. As I saw it, you can't change those. The only freedom you have over them is the ability to choose your race; that way newbies and pros alike have the same health so when hit by monsters they take the same damage etc. It's not like you can just get rid of all your intelligence and make yourself god in strength and health or something. Not like D&D.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
No no, that's not what I mean. As I saw it, you can't change those. The only freedom you have over them is the ability to choose your race; that way newbies and pros alike have the same health so when hit by monsters they take the same damage etc. It's not like you can just get rid of all your intelligence and make yourself god in strength and health or something. Not like D&D.

thank god for that!

I remember playing diablo2. And when I started to get the hang of it I realised that I have totally f*cked up my stats/skill points and had to start all over :(
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:49 PM
Well I may be wrong, but as I see it they want the character stats to be as true to their races as possible....after all, it only takes about two or three blasts to kill a human (and that's on the outside) and it wouldn't be right to see a rodian beating the crap out of a wookie in a boxing match. With this system they can bring more of an aspect of realism to the game than having a human getting blasted by a full clip and still having the fight in him. This isn't some FPS.
Page: 1 of 1