Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi apprenticeship?

Page: 1 of 1
 achannelle1
05-11-2002, 2:04 PM
I was reading the extensive artice on SWG in computer Gaming World. Does anyone have any ideas about the Jedi process? How you are chosen? Do you volunteer? etc.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 2:36 PM
Well first of all you can't volunteer. You do what ever your job is and only one path is right once you find that right path you become force sensitive, corect me if I'm wrong but I think every single player is able to become force sensitive. Then once you are you must find a a jedi kight or master that will train you to become one.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 2:48 PM
Yep I read the excact same thing but I was wondering who is going to be your master when everyone is starting? :)

we are all n00bs then :)
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 2:52 PM
There are npc jedis like luke that you can go to get quests....fulfilling these quests will probably give you some skills and force stuff. then you just work at gaining them on your own i believe. And you don't need an apprentie to become a knight....once you are a knight, however, if you want to become more powerful you have to take an apprentice. only then can you become a master.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 2:53 PM
I love walking through mose isley and seeing 2 cloaked figures...

Hmm probably Jedi.. better follow them, see what they're up too :)
 Darth Maxx
05-11-2002, 2:55 PM
How can you see people that are cloaked? :p
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 4:46 PM
by cloaked I mean not invisible but with hats on...

I believe cloaked doesnt mean invisible. ( could be wrong though )
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 4:52 PM
Your right, Ascari. :p

Cloaked can mean both invisible/hidden and cloaked under a cape or hood or whatever.

He's only teasing you. lol :D
 Zendjir
05-11-2002, 6:35 PM
Because the timeset is the period just after the battle of yavin, luke is nothing more than an apprentice, you cant possibly learn anything from him IMO.

I think training of a jedi will come in more subtle ways. Like special points of interests, jedi textbooks or scrolls that reveal small fragments of information. It is totally possible to become a self-taught jedi ,although its much harder, Kyle Katarn did it. It's probably a way of trial and error.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
Because the timeset is the period just after the battle of yavin, luke is nothing more than an apprentice, you cant possibly learn anything from him IMO.

I think training of a jedi will come in more subtle ways. Like special points of interests, jedi textbooks or scrolls that reveal small fragments of information. It is totally possible to become a self-taught jedi ,although its much harder, Kyle Katarn did it. It's probably a way of trial and error.

And many will succumb to the dark side of the force. Since it's the easy path!
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:20 PM
Yeah you're probably right zendjir. Ascari, actually it will probably be harder than the light. Everything I've read about the game says it's going to be very hard to be a dark jedi....even harder than a light. not that it won't be damn cool to be one. But in a sense, yeah, it is easier....It's always easier to kill than to protect.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
Yeah you're probably right zendjir. Ascari, actually it will probably be harder than the light. Everything I've read about the game says it's going to be very hard to be a dark jedi....even harder than a light. not that it won't be damn cool to be one. But in a sense, yeah, it is easier....It's always easier to kill than to protect.

generally speaking yes, but not always so:

Try killing Yoda in hi's good days.. AUCH!

try protecting Yoda in hi's good days... piece of cake :)
 Darth Maxx
05-11-2002, 9:04 PM
Dark Jedi harder? I mean c'mon, Darth Vader's on your team!
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 11:50 PM
yeah, but he's an NPC, not the same as another player. And from what I gather of the dark side of the force it always leads towards paranoia and ultimate destruction......I dunno how they'll make it harder than being a normal jedi in the game, that's just what they said......
 Zendjir
05-12-2002, 5:42 AM
Yep, they said that allright. I think being a dark jedi will bring you into contact will all kinds of evil people (NPC and Players) who are in the game just for their own good. Well, and you being a dark jedi and all can be a big threat for their position, so they will be willing to eliminate the 'competition'.
 Rommel
05-12-2002, 6:00 AM
Remember that the emperor and ol darthy don't like ANY kind of jedi other than themselves.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Ascari
05-12-2002, 9:20 AM
and guys rememember, of by some twist of fate u become force sensitive.. dont go bragging about it or u'll end up in the cargo-hold of some lame bountyhunter ;)
 Darth Maxx
05-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Or suddenly you hear some strange breathing behind you...

Tffft tffft...

One advice: Get the hell out of there :D
 Zendjir
05-12-2002, 1:43 PM
No man, just turn around and say:

.............It wasn't me....................
 Darth Maxx
05-12-2002, 2:05 PM
Or snap your fingers and say: can't touch this... dad :D
 Zendjir
05-12-2002, 2:17 PM
:vadar: Dad? Nooooooo it can't be true!

Player: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

:vadar: Noooooooooo nooooooooOO! My offspring are popping up all over the galaxy! I wasn't a rabbit :max: when me and :amidala: exchanged fluids!

Player: It is the only way!

:vadar: *jumps into pit, and is saved by the emperor in his :deathii:
 Gaalgoth
05-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I really would like to be a jedi, especially for teh thrill of being hunted...that would just bring about a hell of a cool feeling. But, I'm gonna start off as a bounty hunter so I can at least be the hunter. Start running. =)
Page: 1 of 1