Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sony Account Question

Page: 1 of 1
 FWB
05-10-2002, 7:46 PM
Ok, so the applications are up, but I have a problem... my Sony account is screwed. It doesn't seem to remember me from about 6 months ago, when I signed up, and it won't let me resign (obviously I have the same real name). Anywho, do people think there is there any point in me persuing the matter since I'm in the UK, i.e. will beta be confind to the US?

Finally, how are the official Sony forums? Are they read by the developers? Obviously I'd like to throw some ideas about, but with my current accoutn problem I can't access them.

Cheers.
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't know if the beta will be just US or not. I haven't seen anything to indicate one way or the other for sure. I know there are a lot of international people signing up for it.

They say that every post in the development forum is read by the moderators or somebody, and a lot of the stuff is passed on to the developers. There have been a few threads where somebody from the art team or another interested party will jump in and start saying things.
 setsuko
05-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Hmm... I have been in most MMORPG betas, and never has they been restricted to US of A. At least not in the later stages. Other games, though, are regularily US only (main criminals being Blizzard and other RTS companies)
 FWB
05-11-2002, 4:08 PM
Ok, thanks for the info guys. I guess I migth try and sort out my account. Tis a shame they have to be linked to Sony. I can't stand the Station.
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 12:04 PM
they better not be US only... or im gonna kick some serious ass :D :D
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 12:14 PM
Yeah, one would think it would be more profitable to release a beta in every country you plan to sell your game in.....I mean, America is of course the best country in the world, but you have to at least let the people of other countries think that they're special =).
 Ascari
05-13-2002, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
Yeah, one would think it would be more profitable to release a beta in every country you plan to sell your game in.....I mean, America is of course the best country in the world, but you have to at least let the people of other countries think that they're special =).

Hmm,

well i'd rather live here in the netherlands then in the USA...

at least we dont have a moron as a president (yet)

:P
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 1:48 PM
Yeah, Bush is pretty pathetic...but think about it, we have a moron as president and we're still a great country!
 setsuko
05-13-2002, 2:17 PM
I mean, there's some great things with USA, sure... but...

Which countries has NOT agreed to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child? Well.... Iraq has, Afghanistan has, China has, every country in the world has...

but USA and Somalia

So you still have some areas to нmprove on ;)
 FWB
05-13-2002, 2:47 PM
.....I mean, America is of course the best country in the world,

Wow that is incredible. So I assume you've lived in every part of every country in the entire world? You'd have to in order to be in a reasonable position to judge that. Ohh and you're obviously completely impartial, right?

:rolleyes:
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 2:48 PM
I threw in the smilee face just for people like you, FWB. Get off my sack.
 FWB
05-13-2002, 2:50 PM
I threw in the smilee face just for people like you, FWB. Get off my sack.

Then stop making stupid comments.
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 2:56 PM
Get a sense of humor you irritant cock
 Darth Maxx
05-13-2002, 2:59 PM
USA might be the best country in the world.
But you do got the fat people :D
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:02 PM
Yeah, but that's just cause we have the money to be fat. I quote the bible: "Eat ye that which is good, and let thy soul delight itself in fatness." =) I on the other hand weigh in a 127.....I'm a skinny bitch.
 Darth Maxx
05-13-2002, 3:05 PM
127 is a lot you know over here. I weigh 62
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:08 PM
 FWB
05-13-2002, 3:09 PM
Get a sense of humor you irritant cock

lol. Your mother must be very proud. lol.
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:12 PM
Look, dude, you're the one that's wigging out cause I said that America was the best country in the world...WITH a smilee at the end of it. Ask anyone here; that means you're not being serious. If you aren't going to be able to handle that, go back and sit at the kiddy table.
 FWB
05-13-2002, 3:15 PM
Look, dude, you're the one that's wigging out cause I said that America was the best country in the world...WITH a smilee at the end of it.

If you want to get technical the smilee was after the "other countries feel good about themselves" bit. :rolleyes:

Ask anyone here; that means you're not being serious.

Your right, you're not serious. You're a joke. :)

If you aren't going to be able to handle that, go back and sit at the kiddy table.

lol. You're great with these "insults". Come on... entertain me. :)
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:21 PM
1) the smilee refers to the entire post

2) i never claimed to be serious. that's why you had no reason to be all catty with me.

3) that wasn't an insult. That was just telling you that if you aren't going to be mature enough to recognize a joke, then stop talking.

Ok, I'm done with this argument.
 Darth Maxx
05-13-2002, 3:22 PM
Ow crap, I forgot, you calculate in pounds :) I was thinking kgs, well we weigh about as much then ;)
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:23 PM
hahaha. Yeah, that would make a big difference.
 Darth Maxx
05-13-2002, 3:25 PM
Yeah, just double it :)
 FWB
05-13-2002, 3:45 PM
1) the smilee refers to the entire post

I see I need to help you here. For future reference attach it either at the start or by itself at the end.

2) i never claimed to be serious. that's why you had no reason to be all catty with me.

There was no need for the comment. But that fact that you felt you needed to post it is most likely attached to some deep held insecurity you have.

3) that wasn't an insult. That was just telling you that if you aren't going to be mature enough to recognize a joke, then stop talking.

Posting, dear boy, posting, not talking. If we're going to refer to maturity, what about your "irritating dick" comment? You need to learn how to express yourself in a less... brain-dead manner. :)

Ok, I'm done with this argument.

Neat. :)
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 3:51 PM
That was sarcasm. There is always need for sarcasm. And that wasn't an "irritating dick" comment, I called you an "irritant cock". Would it have been less brain-dead if I had just called you irritating? It got the same message across, so I think it worked just fine. Besides, I didn't feel like it was worth the time to come up with a witty come back. And BTW, that wouldn't be posting. It would be telling, because although it was in a post, it was a post in which I was telling you through my words that you needed to relax.
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 4:03 PM
now you guys both shut up or ill get a mod in here who will shut you up ok? this is a family forum.. there will be kiddies around here.. so please stop behaving like little kids who are fighting over toys ok?

geez....

now.. what was this thread about :D
Did you work it out FWB?? did you get your acount straightend out? cause if not.. ill ask if the devs or the other high guys there will put it right...
 FWB
05-13-2002, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
now you guys both shut up or ill get a mod in here who will shut you up ok? this is a family forum.. there will be kiddies around here.. so please stop behaving like little kids who are fighting over toys ok?

Spoken like a true UN peace-keeper, except for the "get the mod in" part.... more NATO-like. ;)

Did you work it out FWB?? did you get your acount straightend out? cause if not.. ill ask if the devs or the other high guys there will put it right...

No, unfortunately I didn't. My username there was kldkldol (I stilll have the e-mail regarding my registeration) but I can't log in with that account and password retrieval doesn't work. Any help you could provide would be great, even if it is just wiping the account.

I did try to create a new account, but none were successful (or at least it didn't look that way). But my e-mail is always discomachinegun@hotmail.com , so if any accounts to that are cleared it might help.

Cheers.
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 5:38 PM
ok.. so your username is:
kldkldol
and your e-mail adres is:
discomachinegun@hotmail.com

ill see what i can do ok?
 FWB
05-13-2002, 5:55 PM
Cheers. Thanks very much.
 MikeC
05-13-2002, 9:24 PM
LOL! Those conversion factors will get you every time. Heck, NASA lost a probe to Mars because somebody messed one up. ;)
Page: 1 of 1