Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Page: 1 of 1
 cblm
05-10-2002, 12:19 PM
I'am a new RPGer, but have Star Wars Gamer1-2,4-7 and the Invasion of Theed RPG. I hope to have that new Core Rule Book on the 12 and hopfully the Dark Side source book :D . I have a prototype character if any one could make some corrections and refinements. I got some info from Star Wars Gamer 5, pages 108-111.

Name: Sorn
Class: Dark Side Adept
Species: Chiss
Height: 1.8 Meters
Character Level: 1
Class Level: 1
Eyes: Red (Glowing)
Hair: Blue, Black
Skin: Blue

Strength: 14
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 18

Vitality: 13
Wounds: 12
Defense: 16

Speed: 10 m
Intiative: +18
Rep: 8
Force Points: 3 (Dark Side)
Fort: +13
Ref: +17
will: +13
melee attack: +3
ranged attack: +1

Skills
Craft +2 (Crimson Shadow)
Profession +2 (Dark Side Adept)
Knowledge +2 (Sith Teachings)
Sense Motives +2 (All)

Feats
Force-Sensitive
Exotic Weapon (Lightsaber)

Language: Basic, Cheunh

Charric
Damage: 3d6
Critical: 20
Range: 8
Weight: 4.5 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: 1d6/DC 16
Type: Energy
Size: Medium
Group: Blaster rifles

Lightsaber (Yellow Blade)
Damage: 2D8
Critical: 19-20
Range: 0
Weight: 1 kg
Group: Exotic

Data Pad (Hooked into ISB database)
ISB Code Cylinder
Stormtrooper Armor
TIE Pilot Apparel
Crimson Shadow

Lore: Chiss who was tempted by the dark side left his high ranking command in the CEDF and set out to find the Sith planets of Korriban and Ziost. He used his force powers to claim a lightsaber from the Chiss archives. The lightsaber had been discovered in the wreckage of the Outbound Flight vessel distroyed by Trawn. After he had his lightsaber a his personal Charric he stole a Clawcraft and sent his craft hurtling toward the Sith power. But he came out of hyper space and made a controlled crash on Fondor, he walked away but his ship had landed in quicksand. The dark side empowered him to float accros the sand to a solid part of land. From there he used the force to guide him to a secret ISB lab, he slaughtered all the Imperial troops there and took what thought would be useful.
He then took a Lambda-Class Shuttle with a prototype hyperdive, called it the Crimson Shadow and blasted off to the dark side powers. :D
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 1:12 PM
Well first off welcome!!!

And i take it be your ready pc that you would like to join a game...

Well i have 2 running but neather of them allow dark side pc's...

umm i know eets has a dark side game running right now, and maybe heavy would have room also, don't worry we will find a place for you somehow.

Again welcome!!!
 cblm
05-10-2002, 1:38 PM
Thank you the only problem is that I am not sure if my pc could be any better or if he has a glitch. Could you help?:deathii:
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 1:48 PM
well there are a few problems with it...

you saving throws look a little high for a level 1 pc, and you seem a little short on skills.

I don't have my book with me right now (i am at work), but if you want we could start building you a new pc?

If you want to build a new pc the first step is class and species.

First level classes are Soldger, Scounder, Fringer, Scout, Noble, Force Adapt, Jedi Guardian, and Jedi Counsalor.
 cblm
05-10-2002, 1:52 PM
OK, force adept, chiss and same age, colors, name and story. Is this possable? The reason I don't have a pc that is standard is that I rolled a dice for all of my values. I won't have the book until the 12, it will be that new revised one. Should we do this via the PMs?
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 2:07 PM
na because right now i can only bring you part of the way, like i said i don't have my book on me right now so hopefully someone else, (dash, heavy, eets...) well show up and be able to help you with the rest.

oh btw i hope to get my new core book tonight, just hope the store has some left by the time i get off work...

So next step is to pick a force feat, you can have either alter, control, or sense. This will be needed to pick skills, so if you go here (www.uwrf.edu/~tw80/skills.html) and go to the bottem, you will find a list of the force skills, and what feat you need for them, find the skills you would like to have at first and pick the needed feat. (Don't worry about Force-Sensitive, you already have that being force adapt)
 cblm
05-10-2002, 3:24 PM
Alter as the force feat, then force grip, force push and move object. How many other abilitys am I aloud to choose, force or not?:confused:
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 4:10 PM
Well don't worry about any skills yet, i just pointed you to that page so that you could look and see what feat you may want first...

Each of the three feats give you access to differnt skills, and at level 1 you only get 1 of the force feats.

So is alter the feat you want?
 cblm
05-10-2002, 4:13 PM
yes alter is the feat that i would like
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 4:17 PM
well that is where i have to stop for now....

Not having my book here i don't remeber how many skill points a force adapt gets at level 1...

maybe dash will show up soon with the answer to that question....

Or it will just have to wait untill i get home...
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 6:24 PM
ok so your abbilty scorces are:
str 13
dex 13
cha 13
con 13
int 16
wis 14

you get 36 skill points to spend on skills...

i would take skills out of this list...

Climb
Craft
Handle Animal
Hide
Jump
Knowledge
Listen
Profession
Sense Motive
Spot
Survival
Swim
Treat Injury
Affect Mind
Empathy
Enhance Ability
Force Push
Friendship
Heal Another
Move Object
Force Grip

you can have a max of 4 skill points on each skill you pick, if you put max points on even skill you want you can have a total of 9 skills
 cblm
05-10-2002, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
ok so your abbilty scorces are:

str 13
dex 13
cha 13
con 13
int 16
wis 14

you get 36 skill points to spend on skills...

Climb 4
Craft
Handle Animal
Hide 3
Jump 4
Knowledge
Listen 3
Profession
Sense Motive
Spot 3
Survival 3
Swim
Treat Injury 4
Affect Mind
Empathy
Enhance Ability
Force Push 4
Friendship
Heal Another
Move Object 4
Force Grip 4

you can have a max of 4 skill points on each skill you pick, if you put max points on even skill you want you can have a total of 9 skills

Ok so now I have 36 points total, whats next?
 Wraith 5
05-10-2002, 7:20 PM
you gots 10 skills there....
 DashRendar
05-10-2002, 7:22 PM
That's ten skills. You'll either have to take 2 of of two of them, or just delete 1 of the skills. Hope this helps!
 hannibalscipio
05-13-2002, 1:45 AM
Yeah, listen to Eets and Dash. They really know how to build characters. I wish I did!
 cblm
05-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Ok so now I have 36 points total, whats next? (look at my last post) This is what it looks like so far:

Name: Sorn
Class: Dark Side Adept
Species: Chiss
Height: 1.8 Meters
Character Level: 1
Class Level: 1
Eyes: Red (Glowing)
Hair: Blue, Black
Skin: Blue

Strength: 13
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 13

Vitality: 9
Wounds: 13
Defense: 13

Speed: 10 m
Intiative: +1
Rep: 0
Force Points: 2
Fort: +1
Ref: + 1
will: + 2
melee attack: +1
ranged attack: +1

Skills
Climb +5
Hide +4
Jump +5
Listen +5
Spot +5
Survival +5
Treat Injury +5

Force Skills
Force Strike +5
Move Object +7
Force Grip +7

Feats
Force-Sensitive
ewp (lightsaber)

Language: Basic, Cheunh

Charric
Damage: 3d6
Critical: 20
Range: 8
Weight: 4.5 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: 1d6/DC 16
Group: Blaster rifles

Lightsaber (Yellow Blade)
Damage: 2D8
Critical: 19-20
Range: 0
Weight: 1 kg
Group: Exotic
 Heavyarms
05-13-2002, 1:00 PM
cblm, I'm sorry, I don't have a place for you. I'm already bringing in a sixth guy for mission 3. Also, we don't alow jedi in my game (special operations stuff, read through it.0 if you want to join, make a PC that is not a jedi
 Wraith 5
05-13-2002, 4:05 PM
Next are 2 more feats...

Ummm... do you have a list of feats anywhere????
 cblm
05-13-2002, 6:58 PM
Ok so 2 more feats....... how about I get a list of feats that a dark side adept might want. Like ones that help with killing. Do i auto get exotic weapon lightsaber?:confused: I didn't have enough cash for the core rule book of revised. :mad: :( Do you think I should put up a list of my Micros, it could take days to write the whole list:cool: :D :eek:
 Wraith 5
05-14-2002, 1:30 PM
as a force adapt you don't get ewp(lightsaber) automaticly, but if you want it you can take it as one of your extra feats...

um i was asumming you were a human, sorry did you want to be a human?

and if you want to you can take control feat now, but you will get that feat for free in a few levels so you would kinda be wasting a feat...
 cblm
05-14-2002, 1:34 PM
OK, i will take lightsaber feat and leave control. Can i get lightsaber throw. I am the chiss.
 Wraith 5
05-14-2002, 3:24 PM
Lightsaber throw is no longer a feat...

and since you are a chiss, you only get 1 feat, so ewp lightsaber it is.

give me a little bit and i will post your whole pc sheet.
 cblm
05-14-2002, 3:27 PM
Thanx Wraith 5.:) Soon I will be able to make my own PC's, does PC stand for Personal Character? :confused:
 Wraith 5
05-14-2002, 3:45 PM
Player Character to be exact...
 DashRendar
05-14-2002, 6:12 PM
Ok well next is your VP and WP, let's see you get 13 WP and 9 VP

ok now let's see about your defense

+3 Class Bonus, +1 Dex Bonus, and then your base of 10 gives you a 14 Defense...I think(correct me if I'm wrong, Wraith)

I'm still not sure on your saves, so Wraith you'll have to help him there.

and now for your Skills, let's see. Well I'll let you take care of it

Your Ability Modifiers are:
Str +1
Dex+1
Con +1
Int +3
Wis +2
Cha +1

Now in the skills list in What you need to know about Skills and Feats it gives the corresponding Ability. That ability's modifier is what you add to the skill points you put into that skill. Have fun!
 cblm
05-14-2002, 6:34 PM
Ok, dash I know where my wound vitility and defence go but where does the rest of it go? Could you put it in my character sheet up above, if its not much trouble.
 DashRendar
05-14-2002, 8:30 PM
I'm gonna let you work that out but I will tell you your skills final values.

Climb +5
Hide +4
Jump +5
Listen +5
Spot +5
Survival +5
Treat Injury +6
Force Push +7
Force Grip +7
Move Object +7

Fort. Save: +3 (+1 Con. +2 Class)
Ref. Save: +1 (+1 Dex)
Will Save: +2 (+2 Wis)

I THINK that's correct (the save modifiers that is) o well Wraith plz confirm...

Ok Rep is 0
Init+1
ok I'll take it that since it's not as strong as a Blaster Rifle that your Charric is considered a pistol, meaning your attack bonus with it is well uh +1 (?) and your saber is the same. (Melee is Base attack+Strength Mod+Size, Range is Base Attack+Dex Mod+Size)

What else? EEK! I just found out, Charrics ARE Rifles meaning you are -3 with them since you don't get WP Blaster Rifles

well it looks like that's it. Hope all this helps
 cblm
05-15-2002, 2:48 PM
Does any one have any room for a dark side adept :slsaber: Chiss :thrawn2: character? I don't have it yet :( ,but I hope soon.
 Heavyarms
05-15-2002, 3:15 PM
your best bet would be with eets... he couldvfit you in, but I can't, sorry. You would need a whole new PC.
 DashRendar
05-15-2002, 7:54 PM
Originally posted by cblm
Does any one have any room for a dark side adept :slsaber: Chiss :thrawn2: character? I don't have it yet :( ,but I hope soon.

Well...I do have a few places open in my Comp. but I reccomend having a level 10 PC, and since Wraith seems to want to help (don't ask) I'll let him explain how to beef him up:D
 DashRendar
06-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Well, cblm, you'll be happy to know that Wraith fixed up your PC, so now it is officially complete.

(It's the one in the post where you say: This is what it looks like so far:
 Bobo Fart
06-30-2002, 10:27 PM
HOW THE HELL DO youCREAT A PC? i dont get it someone please help me make one or something...
 DashRendar
07-01-2002, 3:06 AM
*yawn* Boba, maybe you should try looking around a bit before you start SHOUTING YOUR LUNGS OUT!!! Ok here's the deal, I don't mind helping you make a Character, but there aren't any games opening up besides mine, which I am officially closing today. (Not because of you, just because there's no response.)
 Bobo Fart
07-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Yeah i should have looked around, but i thought Newbie, ya know thought mabye i should check it out, it is also i checked so many other places no reply. But i REALLy would like to makeone ofm own andi would be Greatful is you could helpme
Page: 1 of 1