Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Gunship and Jedi Starfighter

Page: 1 of 1
 NewtypeJedi
05-10-2002, 12:00 PM
I think that it makes no sense to have the Republic Gunship as the Republic Fighter and the Jedi Starfighter as the unique unit. I think that they should be switched.

They should have the Jedi Starfighter as the Republic Fighter line and the Dropship as the unique unit with stats like some sort of super-powered fighter with a bonus against ground targets like a Bomber. Sort of a light version of the Air Cruiser that's good against air too.

What do you all think about this?
 DarthMaulUK
05-10-2002, 12:04 PM
The Republic dropship is sort of unique, as its classed as a fighter for the Republic. So, the Republic are the only ones to have this type of fighter. Having not seen Episode II, the Jedi Starfighter seems to be a great unit to make their UU.
 idiot00001
05-11-2002, 12:04 AM
It would be neat if they had lasers like in the game Jedi Starfighter, but the jedi starfighter has several unique abilities in Clone Campaigns, for example not being vulnerable to conversion, and probably better attack and/or range.
 jeffdark
05-11-2002, 6:30 PM
i agree, it makes 0 sence to have the dropship as a "fighter" the things are HUGE, and they carry like 15 troopers. they are actually called "clone Transports", so i dont see how it classifyies as a fighter. and its got so many guns on it too.
 CorranHorn328
05-12-2002, 1:33 AM
I think the dropship should be bigger and be the Air Cruiser. The Jedi Starifhgter couldn't be a fighter, that would be stupid. Also, the Republic should have AT-PTs.
 NewtypeJedi
05-13-2002, 3:14 AM
The reason I put this up is because the Jedi Fighter ISN'T that Unique. It is fast and immune to conversion, but those aren't bonuses that couldn't be given to the airbase unit.

The Dropship has powerful weapons and has abilities no other fighter would have. I mean it's much larger than the fighters and just bristling with firepower.

A unique unit shouldn't just be some regular unit with a special trick, it should be a genre buster. A Unjique Dropship that is a big and powerful fighter/bomber would do alot more to accentuate the Republic and make them stand out as compared to the Naboo or Rebels; IMHO.
Page: 1 of 1