Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Manufacturing

Page: 1 of 1
 Rommel
05-10-2002, 8:30 AM
Hey again,

Question does anyone have a firm idea on manufacturing techniques? I know that they want some of the best items to be able to be manufactured, and I know from shug that eventually a community will be able to build starships but the question is, what is the biggest items that an individual will be able to make? I know that a designer can't make high items, they'll have to get a manufacturer to do it for them, but how intricate can they go? can one designer make an entire blaster rifle design or can they only make the barrel?

Of course a droid is more complex but same basic question, what amount of the droid can be designed by one person?

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Frankly, I have no idea.
 Kiyamon
05-10-2002, 2:56 PM
From what I understand you will have complete control of designing something, from what it is made of, to how you want things to go together. The way I understand it is you form a schematic (a plan, kind of like a blue print) of the item, which then you can give to a factory for mass production or you can build it yourself, that is as much as I know... I am sure this is one of the main things they are going to be looking at for Beta.

Kiyamon - Minister of Diplomatic Relations
Trinity Republic (http://www.trinitypa.com)
Email me (diplomacy@trinitypa.com)
Page: 1 of 1