Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Servers

Page: 1 of 1
 Rommel
05-10-2002, 8:25 AM
Hey all,

Has there been any word, and I sure can't find any, of how many servers they are thinking about having for the initial release? I remember that they were planning a max of 10,000 people per server (but don't quote me on that), and are they going to have all the servers in the good ol' US of A? Or are they going to throw the brits and aussies a bone and give them one? LOL

Of course do american servers give you guys in the UK and AU problems connecting etc etc?

Good god I just had a horrible thought, what if they released the game in the U.S. but nowhere else for a while? Sigh I guess I could sell a few copies on ebay LOL hey I know but it does fall in line with my character!

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Ascari
05-10-2002, 9:19 AM
I think they are going to sell it all around the globe and make servers in every continent...

well, sounds logical doesnt it?
 Wraith 8
05-10-2002, 9:38 AM
so you think that it just the same as with westwood online stuff

US server
UK server
Euro server
asian server

but that would mean that some people would never meet eachother right?

than im planning on going to the us server... at least there everybody speaks one language :D
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
than im planning on going to the us server... at least there everybody speaks one language :D

That's right. We all use 1337 speak! That way we can't even understand ourselves. ;)
 Ascari
05-10-2002, 1:45 PM
And have a big ass ping!!

No i'm going to the europian server... good ping :)
 Rommel
05-12-2002, 9:43 AM
yes but on the euro server will they use imp credits or euro credits LOL!!!!

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Gaalgoth
05-12-2002, 11:43 PM
haha...USA all the way! the ping will prolly be about the same all around....at least it better....
 gavor
05-13-2002, 1:40 AM
I damn well hope there'll be an aussie server or it will be like the bad ol UO days again. <move, wait wait wait, move some more>. Maybe with ADSL i'll be ok to use US servers for a while. My guess is they'll release with US and maybe euro servers then wait and see how sales do down here. If sales and subscriptions are good we may get one. Another good argument I can present to the missus on why I need ADSL :) :D.
 arguile
05-13-2002, 1:52 AM
i use to play the game phantasy star online for my dreamcast that was a mmorpg. i played in japanese servers too. whether it was uk us or japanese that game hardly ever had lag, and when it did it was usually from a character entering. dreamcasts only had 56k modems, so why was the lag not too bad?

anyone know what im talkin aboot?
Page: 1 of 1