Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CL_Parse Packet Entites Problem SOLVED!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 bobafett2472
05-09-2002, 9:56 AM
If you have a Linksys Router which all my buddies playing and I do, we too had the CL_parse packet error constantly, but after installing the JK2 Patch 1.03 AND down grading the firmware on all our BESFR41 Linksys to ver 1.39 we have had NO lockups, errors or ANY annoying packet errors. All four of us have played for about 3 hours constant!

Client 1 is ISDL
Client 2 is Cable
Client 3 is Cable
Client 4 is DSL and Hosting

All of us have Linksys BEFSR41's
 Zx2
05-17-2002, 9:05 PM
*bump*

cos more ppl havin this prob

thx boba, was just about 2 give up on tryin to upgrade the firmware ;)
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 11:21 PM
where did you find the firmware downgrade?
 bobafett2472
05-28-2002, 4:39 PM
Go to ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/

there is a file named befsr-1-39.zip

hope that helps ya
 SlipStream
06-02-2002, 5:38 PM
Ok i did what you instructed...but when i tried to install the firmware it didnt install correctly. Now i cannot log on to my router, my dads pissed off, and im forced to use this emergance modem connection.

My red Diag light is blinking on my router which conferms that the firmware installed incorrectly. It is strange though because i can still ping other computers on my network, yet i am unable to log on to the router. Internet is also down (that why i have to use modem).

If anyone knows how i might wake up my router please tell me ASAP because im running out of time here. My dad is gonna buy a new one which i really dont hope he doesnt have to do that. This is FUBAR :(. Please help!!!!!
 Chastan
06-02-2002, 8:26 PM
A blinking red diag light indicates that the router is in trouble...not that it went correctly...

anyway

goto

http://www.dslreports.com) and find the Linksys forum. You will get your answer there. :D
 SlipStream
06-02-2002, 9:52 PM
thx :D
 bobafett2472
06-03-2002, 3:38 PM
Also go to www.practicallynetworked.com) on reviving a dead linky

Sorry if that fouled it up, but be always careful with firmware updates.

Your linky isnt dead just in a state of hibernation. You have to reset it and reflash the firmware. I had 2 of these do this from a power outage.

Sorry about the trouble
 AnderScootDav
06-04-2002, 12:33 AM
To the guy that can't log back on to the router. The password goes back to the default password that I believe it has when you installed the router for the first time. Also sometimes installing the firmware update causes a crash - all you have to do is keep trying - It will work.
 torowa-sdg
06-04-2002, 2:02 PM
I'll try this. But how's this for odd: with the current firm ware (1.42.7) my newer computer doesn't get the ParsePackets error, but my old computer (used as server) does.

Why the heck that would happen, I don't know. But I'll try the old firmware and see if that fixes both.
 Gandel
06-20-2002, 9:02 PM
I had this problem too. but for some reason When I turned the datarate from 56k to Lan/Cable , it fixed. havent had a problem since. weird
 exotss
06-22-2002, 4:47 AM
SlipStream:

I have had this issue many times with my linksys router. The solution is not that hard but slightly involved... especially if you have a win9x system as you will need to reboot a few times.

1st thing you need to do is to goto Network properties, tcp/ip properties and then you should see a bunch of tabs.

change the following --
IP address: 192.168.50.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

your hostname can be anything , you can leave it blank and you can leave the DNS settings alone.
click on ok as needed and reboot if needed(win9x)

on your router there is a hole in the front that says reset. using a paper clip, hold this button in for 30 seconds(use a watch to count) and then try your flash update again. make sure you have 192.168.1.1 as the IP address, use "admin" as the password without the "" quotation marks and make sure you have it pointed to the version firmware you want to use. make sure that other computers connected to the router are off so that extra traffic is not generated to the router.

it should work just fine. then make sure to go back into network properties and change TCP/ip back to dhcp, or the previos setting that were in there. reboot.... and it should be back to normal in notime.... well depending on how many times you reboot that is...

if you have more questions email me at exotss@hotmail.com

Jorus the Admin
Page: 1 of 1