Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems installing JKII

Page: 1 of 1
 S_McDaniels
05-09-2002, 3:19 AM
I Remember someone saying how they had a problem installing this game on their system i'm having the same problem i go to install the game get to 13% then get a component transfer error while its trying to copy the assets1 file to my computer has anyone found a solution to this problem my specs are

PIV 1.7ghz
128 megs ddr ram
creative audigy gamer sound card
pny geforce 3 ti 200 video card
winxp home
36x cdrom and
a dvd drive
and i tried installing it to both of my hard drives
plus everything is directx certified
so is it somehow my computer thats to blame or did lucasarts send out a bunch of games with defects in them this will be the second time i return my game to the store where i bought it if anybody has a solution i would be glad to listen.
 Chiles4
05-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Did you try installing the game from your DVD drive? Your 36X Cd-rom drive, which I'm guessing, is about 2 years old, probably can't deal with the copy protection on the JK2 cd. Give the DVD a shot and cross your fingers!
 bobvillla
05-09-2002, 1:29 PM
not sure about that
i have a brand new laptop with a dvd/cdburner and it failed installs too saying it failed to copy a file cyclic something check...

but my wife has a system EXACTLY the same as mine bought in the same week same place same drive same bios same all and it installed just fine on hers

so i had to network the two systems and transfer the whole folder over to mine just so i could play
Page: 1 of 1