Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

blocking

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
05-08-2002, 10:52 PM
i know people have talked about this, but i thought it deserved a thread of its own...

my theory is though it probably can't be implimented is to kinda be like the spider man movie..
if you saw it, you saw during the fight at the school spiderman say everything in slow motion yet he was reall just reacting extremely quickly well the jedi should be able to do that with blaster ****s seeing the shots coming at him slowly then some maye with th emouse blocking them with the light saber.

thats just my thwory any one else got any better?
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Um, what exactly is your theory? That they react really fast? Being that jedis can do that, and they do it in episode 1, that's not really much of a unique theory.....and no, that can't be implemented, or at least probably not, because with everyone in the game world the timing would cause lots of lag and leave gaps in what's going on....the shooters would freeze up after shooting, or something like that.
 Lord Helmet
05-09-2002, 12:03 AM
not really.. i was ismply stating that maybe once the projectile is fired at the jedi that maybe there is a pause period for a counter attack where they jedi would see it come slowly where he/she could have time to react
 MikeC
05-09-2002, 3:20 AM
As I understand the combat system, manual blocking will not be done.
 Rommel
05-09-2002, 5:52 AM
I get what you mean, you mean does the action slow down like in spiderman (the scene when he gets into the fight with that girls highschool boyfriend) so that the jedi can have a lot more time to react and block.

I don't think this will happen because it would mean slowing down not just your game but others around you.

I think the consensus is that blocking will be a skill, one that you either have to "switch on" or that will always be present. Maybe the switch will be to have your lightsaber on.

Would be cool the spiderman way but I think unfortunently technically unfeasible.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Lord Helmet
05-09-2002, 8:45 AM
it depends... on whether they do attacking in real time or not
 Gaalgoth
05-09-2002, 7:11 PM