Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Guilds

Page: 1 of 1
 gavor
05-08-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm looking forward to all the 'jedi' PAs disappearing once they realise they can't just choose to be a jedi from the character creation screen. Average age of jedi guild member? Any guesses?

On a different note, go join the Flufferation PA. You won't regret it. ;)
 MikeC
05-09-2002, 3:25 AM
Nah - The Massassi is where its at.
 Rommel
05-09-2002, 5:39 AM
I personally don't think any current Jedi PA's will last more than a few weeks because of the nature of jedi's. I don't think the people who are counting on being jedi will be jedi, and it will be a very rare profession. The random nature of it will prevent that. What I do think will happen is that other PA's will welcome in Jedi that fit their PA, because of the powerful nature of the jedi, they would be tanks in any battle.

Now much later after a lot of Jedi are established, the nature of the master apprentice system will definently let there be all Jedi PA's simply because of the gathering of knowledge.

Me I think I'll love jedi because of the massive amounts of wares that I will sell to those who hate and love them.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard
:naughty:
 gavor
05-09-2002, 9:44 PM
Clever :). My take is that Jedi PA's may spring up much later when REAL in-game(oxymoron) Jedi get together. I'm hoping my PA can lure a Jedi to fly our ship and get us out of tight spots :).

The Flufferation is a PA powerhouse! 2 member and going strong!
 MikeC
05-09-2002, 11:43 PM
We're over 20. ;)
 gavor
05-10-2002, 1:05 AM
Ah well. I dont see a big member influx for the Flufferation unless the whole world loses its mind
 Wraith 8
05-10-2002, 4:33 AM
lol... well im not planning on joining a PA yet.
i am thinking of a proffesion around trading and transporting stuff and people... and im thinking of smuggling when the price is right :D... 10.000 all in advance :D

but i dont think there are any trader PA's and when the game starts to come along i will look a bit more for it... and once the space expansion is finaly there.. i will start my own PA.
 Jan Gaarni
05-10-2002, 2:54 PM
And I'm welcome, right? :D
 Kiyamon
05-10-2002, 3:11 PM
I agree that Jedi centered PA's will probably not do so well once the game comes out. I also believe that profession specific PA's will not do as well either. For example, if a PA is military based, everyone wants to be a soldier... so there will be no people stepping up for mayor and essential PA positions. The way we at Trinity are handling it... whom ever (if any) of our members become Jedis they will be our Jedi. We have a military, which anybody is free to join, and we also have a group of members opening up their own shipping (aka smuggling) operations. So even though we are a PA, within our PA we have, smaller guilds (if you may) of crafters, healers, military, intelligence, politics, etc... and members can participate in any of these groups.

For any of these specific skill PA's to survive they will have to join or live in an established PA or city, where they can concentrate in their craft and not worry about the issues that come up with running a city.

Kiyamon - Minister of Diplomatic Relations
Trinity Republic (http://www.trinitypa.com)
Email me (diplomacy@trinitypa.com)
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 4:29 PM
PAs don't have to be about running cities. I can see trade PAs thriving quite well.
 Kiyamon
05-10-2002, 10:25 PM
I didn't say the could nto thrive, but to do so they have to be within a already established city or PA.

Kiyamon - Minister of Diplomatic Relations
Trinity Republic (http://www.trinitypa.com)
Email me (diplomacy@trinitypa.com)
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 11:01 PM
And I'm saying I disagree totally.
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-12-2002, 9:18 AM
whats a PA? :confused:
 Ascari
05-12-2002, 9:36 AM
Well to be honoust I'd love to do some smuggling for a PA.

As long as I get payed for it u know :)
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
And I'm welcome, right? :D Sure you will :D

Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma
whats a PA? :confused: PA = Player Association. get it ?? :)

Originally posted by Ascari
Well to be honoust I'd love to do some smuggling for a PA.

As long as I get payed for it u know :) lol.. if i make my own PA.. will you join me ?? :D
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey man, if you all go off and start your own PA's you had best stay linked to the forum one I made. Then we will all really profit.....just like someone else said, NATO. You all would be representatives fro your other PA's, and we all already know each other.
 Ascari
05-13-2002, 1:27 PM
Yeah sure thing wraith,
I'd love to smuggle death sticks etc. with ya :)

if we put our money together a long with some other guys we can buy ourselves a good ship. Instead of a crappy ship if we buy it ourselves.
 Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 4:26 PM
yeah that would be cool.. a pitty the space expansion will come out at the end of 2003.... :(

me and Com Raven (where is he BTW?) were planning on buying 2 X-wings or a Correlian freighter YT-2400 (outrider :D)

it would be cool to have a complete crew :D
 MikeC
05-13-2002, 9:32 PM
You don't want to smuggle death sticks. You want to go home and rethink your life.
 Lord Helmet
05-13-2002, 9:47 PM
you saw episode 2 too?
 MikeC
05-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Just the trailers and a few other clips.
 gavor
05-14-2002, 12:10 AM
We'll be after some sort of trading/passenger ship. An X-Wing doesnt look like it can carry much :)
 Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 4:38 AM
im not gonna use an X-wing for cargo :D just for fun :D
 MikeC
05-14-2002, 1:06 PM
Wraith 8 will use his X-wing to escourt our freighter convoy.
 Ascari
05-14-2002, 1:07 PM
I want to have the same ship as Jango/Boba fet

Freighter and fighter in 1. It will cost a bit though :(

SEISMIC chargers roellll :)
 Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 8:52 PM
that ship is a firespray... dont know the type or model of it

*asks redwing*

Redwing:
ummmmmmmmm it's a Firespray lol
Firespray class patrol ship

thanks redwing :D
 gavor
05-14-2002, 10:41 PM
From memory its a Krait Firespray, heavily modified.
 Jan Gaarni
05-15-2002, 3:08 AM
It's a Firespray Patrol and Attack Ship, built by Kuat Systems Engineering.
 gavor
05-15-2002, 3:33 AM
Thats the one!

Where'd i get Krait from? Stupid brain! Take this <whack> and that <splat>.

Me fail English? Thats unpossible!
 Wraith 8
05-15-2002, 4:25 AM
wow wow.. dont hit yourself on the head for it.. :D :D.. fail English?? man that was the only subject i was good at :D
 Saiyan22
05-15-2002, 1:04 PM
the Slave I was cool in the movies
:slave:
but flying it in rouge squadron II on GC, it was a boat :(

still, its a cool ship, but i doubt they'll let you get one, for continuity issues, like you prob won't be able to get a millenium falcon :(

still, sign me up for a super star destroyer, how much you think they'll cost? :vsd:
 Ascari
05-15-2002, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by Saiyan22
the Slave I was cool in the movies
:slave:
but flying it in rouge squadron II on GC, it was a boat :(

still, its a cool ship, but i doubt they'll let you get one, for continuity issues, like you prob won't be able to get a millenium falcon :(

still, sign me up for a super star destroyer, how much you think they'll cost? :vsd:

I dont want Hi's ship, I want the same TYPE of ship...

U should see it in action in AOTC.. it's sweet!
 Jan Gaarni
05-15-2002, 1:59 PM
still, its a cool ship, but i doubt they'll let you get one, for continuity issues, like you prob won't be able to get a millenium falcon
You probably will be able to get a Millenium Falcon ship, just not THE Millenium Falcon. :D

Their ship type are Corellian YT-1300 Transport, so just go and search for one when the expansion comes out. ;)

Oh, and if you want to upgrade it to match the Falcon in all aspects, don't even try it. If you try to tamper with the hyperdrive like Han has done, you probably will be 'floating home'. :D

Oh, and Ascari, could you pleeeease copy and past what you are going to reply to into your quotes? :p
 Zendjir
05-15-2002, 2:04 PM
I doubt we will be able to buy an assault transport, ( :assult: )those things own....ever attacked an assault transport head on? SPLAT!

I will throw some NPC's in the turrets, I will be at the controls. And I want a Y-wing attached to the belly, so that I can disable and steal other ships (yay!) The cargo hold is to hold all my tradestuff, becuz I'm going to be a trader.

But I don't think I'll be able to get all that after about 1,5 years after the game releases. So when the space expansion comes out, I will try to get an small armed transport. Something the likes of a stormtrooper transport. But I'll fit it with a turret, so that my NPC gunner can practice his aiming skills at mynocks while flying in hyperspace :p
 Saiyan22
05-15-2002, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by Ascari

I dont want Hi's ship, I want the same TYPE of ship...

U should see it in action in AOTC.. it's sweet!

I know what you ment, just that you can't even get the mandolian armor that he wears...how many slave one types (firespray is it?) are there around? plus if you do get one, you probably can't modify it like boba did, or i guess jango did originally ;) :fett:

same for the falcon, everyone in the movies thought it was a P.O.S. so i doubt there will be a big market for that model correlean freighter, for it is an older, out of date ship.

that is if they are keeping up with the continuium like they have been.
 Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 8:33 AM
well the Kuat drive yards is owned by the empire... they make a lot of Imperial ships there... so i dont know how you will get it.
 Zendjir
05-16-2002, 8:37 AM
I'll just steal one ;)

Or better: I will order one to be stolen, yeah that sounds better :)
 Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by Zendjir
I'll just steal one ;)

Or better: I will order one to be stolen, yeah that sounds better :) lol.. well after we make enough money with our trade franchise .. we cam buy anything or anyone :D
 Zendjir
05-16-2002, 8:52 AM
Yeah, like bribe an imperial officer (i'm sure that's in the game, it sure is all over the UO)
 Jan Gaarni
05-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Actually, Wraith, Kuat Systems Engineering is not the same company as Kuat Drive Yards (KDY). :)
Yes, it was created by the management of the KDY, but it was a separat company.
It's bankrupt at the time of ANH, so you won't get a new Firespray out there I think.

It's an old military hardware used by many police forces around the galaxy, but it's - like the Z95 Headhunter - an outdated ship, so they will prolly be available to buy for the common public.

But don't quote me on that. :D
 Wraith 8
05-17-2002, 6:31 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Actually, Wraith, Kuat Systems Engineering is not the same company as Kuat Drive Yards (KDY). :)
Yes, it was created by the management of the KDY, but it was a separat company.
It's bankrupt at the time of ANH, so you won't get a new Firespray out there I think.

It's an old military hardware used by many police forces around the galaxy, but it's - like the Z95 Headhunter - an outdated ship, so they will prolly be available to buy for the common public.

But don't quote me on that. :D hah... take this :D
 Ascari
05-17-2002, 9:42 AM
My god,

Do u have a StarWars encyclopidia or something? :)
 Jan Gaarni
05-17-2002, 10:52 AM
No, I am the Encyclopidia! :D :D :D

Just kidding. :p
Page: 1 of 1