Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

black lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
05-08-2002, 4:09 PM
call me stupid or don't, but wouldn't it be cool to have black light sabers. somone said thats the absense of colour but i thought it was all colour.
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 4:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to have a black saber. And it was me that said that, but I didn't say it was the absence of all colors. that's white. I said black is the absence of light . You can't argue with that because what color light would a black saber put off? There isn't one. Black is darkness and the absence of light. It would be a shadow saber if it was black. Black does not emit light unless it was like a true black light in which case it would be more of a purple.
 Lord Helmet
05-08-2002, 4:17 PM
then we could call it a shadow saber for dark jedi who chose the path of darness..opposed to an all white light saber for the goody2shoes jedi knights
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 4:27 PM
I dunno if it would work that way.....the whole way a lightsaber works, It concentrates a beam of light through the crystal or something like that. You can'y channel shadows in the same way. Then again it's fiction so I guess anything can happen.
 Lord Helmet
05-08-2002, 4:31 PM
perhaps you could make a black crystal
 Sckitzo
05-08-2002, 7:15 PM
Just get a really dark purple one.
But yeah It would be awsome, but I dont think it would work unfournatley. Becuase even balck lights are jsut a weird purple colour . O well maybe well get lucky, and het somehting like that.
 MikeC
05-08-2002, 7:30 PM
A black crystal wouldn't help. You're just not getting it. There is no black light. Black is the total absence of light. Nowhere in the color spectrum can you find black. You cannot put together any combination of colors in the spectrum that will give you black. If you put all the colors of light together you get white light.
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 8:36 PM
That's right, thanks for pointing that out mike. In light, white is the presence of all color. It's in paint and stuff that black is the presence of all color.
 Rommel
05-09-2002, 4:56 AM
Yup,

I think the darkest you could get would be a deep purple or dark blue or red, but nothing transmits black as a color, through a jewel or crystal.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Lord Helmet
05-09-2002, 7:47 AM
but u could have a white saber right?
 Jan Gaarni
05-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Depends, if the crystals that are used can create all the colours. This I have not seen anywhere and highly doubt exist.

That, of course, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :)
 Darth Evad
05-09-2002, 11:44 AM
I have heard the argument that black is all the colours.
This argument claims that all the light around us is absorbed by something that is black. Therefor no light is reflected and it looks black. Therefor all the colours are in that object and none are coming out (reflecting off of it).

Get that?
 Lord Helmet
05-09-2002, 5:34 PM
it would still be real cool if you could imagine having 2 light sabers or a duel bladed one that was black and white heh heh
 Wraith 8
05-10-2002, 4:39 AM
euh... but it is a 'LIGHT daber.... not a shadow or dark saber... maybe a light grey one or so... but somehow i dont this there could be black LS..
 Darth Maxx
05-10-2002, 2:41 PM
Would it be possible to have a two-colored light sabre? Like Christopher Lee has in the movie?
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 3:24 PM
Do you mean in the game? At this point we don't know, but I kind of doubt it.
 Darth Maxx
05-10-2002, 5:20 PM
would be cool anywayz.
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 11:22 PM
i saw somone where that all it wass was an energy beam and i've seen white energy beams before...if not perhaps a clear saber..

just think your opponenthas no idea its on and you go throw down your weapon to him.. oop i sliced you in half sorry
Page: 1 of 1