Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Got to see AOTC this morning (NO spoiler)

Page: 1 of 1
 muh2o
05-08-2002, 12:32 AM
Was actually supposed to see it last night AND this morning, but that fell through (last night). Can't have everything.

The movie was very good. Excellent visuals. Great effects. Decent story (though confusing at times - ie: the title??). A few notes....

1) You will never look at Yoda the same way...ever!

2) CP30 was a comedian before becoming a translator

3) Awesome tie-ins to the original trilogy

Not that anyone here needs encouragement, but go see this film!!! It does the series proud!

I feel like I need to discuss this with someone who has seen it. E-mail me privately at muh2o@hotmail.com.
 Pedro The Hutt
05-08-2002, 2:49 PM
Oh... Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurre.... and I've already seen Episode III. =p
 muh2o
05-08-2002, 7:36 PM
e-mail me and I will tell you something only someone who has seen it can tell you.

don't ever doubt me :)
 Hannibal
05-09-2002, 12:44 PM
I read the book I can tell you stuff too.

Mace Windu is bald.
*wink* *wink*
*nudge* *nudge*
 Keiran Halcyon
05-09-2002, 12:48 PM
I beleve you. How is the music?

Some people i know say that there are parts from Return of ther Jedi and The Phantom Menace Cut and Pasted
Is that true?
 Pedro The Hutt
05-09-2002, 1:59 PM
(And I still say he isn't telling the truth ^.^)
 muh2o
05-09-2002, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by Keiran_Halcyon
I beleve you. How is the music?

Some people i know say that there are parts from Return of ther Jedi and The Phantom Menace Cut and Pasted
Is that true?

If you are referring to the jail scene from Jedi, there is a similar scene towards the end of the film. As far as Phantom menace, they certainly revisit familiar locations, but I can't think of anything cut and pasted off the top of my head. The music was fine, but it's not what I was concentrating on. There is one scene I remember where the music was exactly the same from the Phantom Menace
 muh2o
05-09-2002, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
(And I still say he isn't telling the truth ^.^)

And I still haven't received an e-mail ;)

What's the matter Colonel Sanders....chicken?
 Keiran Halcyon
05-10-2002, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by muh2o

If you are referring to the jail scene from Jedi, there is a similar scene towards the end of the film. As far as Phantom menace, they certainly revisit familiar locations, but I can't think of anything cut and pasted off the top of my head. The music was fine, but it's not what I was concentrating on. There is one scene I remember where the music was exactly the same from the Phantom Menace

How many minutes approximately are just a paste from other movies?
 muh2o
05-10-2002, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by Keiran_Halcyon

How many minutes approximately are just a paste from other movies?

This must look incredibly funny with all of these white boxes. Anyway..

I did not mean to give the impression this film lacks originality. Someone stated he had heard there were parts from the last two films cut and pasted into AOTC. The truth is, I didn't see that. There is one major scene towards the end that is SIMILAR to the scene in ROTJ where Luke is fighting the monster in the jail beneath Jaba's lair. It is hardly a cut and paste job, but I didn't even think about it until it was brought up. So, my answer to your question is zero minutes. This movie stands on it's own, and has some incredible moments that tie in directly to Episode 4. I can't wait to see it again, especially with a large crowd!!

Only 5 more days......
 Keiran Halcyon
05-10-2002, 8:56 PM
I hope so! Thanks! I have been in a williams fan forum and they said that and where whining :D Maybe i'll tell 'em this :)
 Pedro The Hutt
05-12-2002, 12:53 AM

And I still haven't received an e-mail ;)

What's the matter Colonel Sanders....chicken?

Ah lemme guess.... you're one of those impatient cheapskates that already downloaded the movie instead of waiting for the official release. ^.^
 Keiran Halcyon
05-12-2002, 9:20 AM
The movie has been aired in some places as a premiere or something.
 muh2o
05-12-2002, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Ah lemme guess.... you're one of those impatient cheapskates that already downloaded the movie instead of waiting for the official release. ^.^

YOU need to chill. Why can't anyone be happy about this? I am in no way, shape, or form waving this in the face of everyone here. I was simply excited about the fact that I had the chance to see the film, and thought I would share that, and get everyone else pumped. I'm sorry I brought it up.

BTW. I run a movie theater and attended a critic screening at said theater. Tuesday morning. May 7. 10am. No B.S. I know that I saw it. I don't need you to believe me.

Further BTW. I wouldn't dream of d/l the movie. I don't have the balls.
 Hannibal
05-13-2002, 1:08 PM
I believe you saw it. I was just teasing you.
It's not as if it's January and he's saying he's seen it. Besides him seeing it or not doesn't effect me one way or another.:D
 muh2o
05-14-2002, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I believe you saw it. I was just teasing you.
It's not as if it's January and he's saying he's seen it. Besides him seeing it or not doesn't effect me one way or another.:D

Thank you!

BTW, I probably shouldn't bring this up, but I am seeing it again tomorrow night!! Just found out today all seven of our prints should be ready for p/u Tuesday afternoon!!
 Xirion
05-15-2002, 1:59 PM
just saw t today
ut was great!
 Hannibal
05-15-2002, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by Xirion
just saw t today
ut was great!

Mr. T? How's he doing?:D
 Pedro The Hutt
05-16-2002, 7:46 PM

YOU need to chill. Why can't anyone be happy about this? I am in no way, shape, or form waving this in the face of everyone here. I was simply excited about the fact that I had the chance to see the film, and thought I would share that, and get everyone else pumped. I'm sorry I brought it up.

BTW. I run a movie theater and attended a critic screening at said theater. Tuesday morning. May 7. 10am. No B.S. I know that I saw it. I don't need you to believe me.

Further BTW. I wouldn't dream of d/l the movie. I don't have the balls.
That sounds more acceptable haha ^_^"
 Jedi Calypso
05-21-2002, 2:15 PM
I pity the foo' who wonder how T doin'!!
 obi
05-24-2002, 1:13 PM
I have seen AOTC twice, and have the soundtrack, and they both are awesome. even though Ebert gave it 2 stars, that fool!
Page: 1 of 1