Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what is this patch good for???

Page: 1 of 1
 tucocoloco
05-08-2002, 12:09 AM
Does this patch deal only with SB Audigy and joystick problems??? does anyone know??? From what I can gather from all these threads is that many people are having problems with 'GamePlay' (freezing, lockups,etc.). Does this patch deal with any of these problems in SP mode, OR is RAVEN releasing this patch to try and save face, Knowing that there are so many other problems with their product. At first I wasn't even able to load this game (I own a Voodoo 5500, 'No Support'), until some gracious computer Gurus informed us about Wicked GL, now I'm able to play the game, quicksave, etc (Thank you, sincerely). But now that there is a patch available it seems like downloading it will give me added headaches form what I can gather from these posts. Has anyone running voodoo cards tried this patch??? Has this patch actually helped anyone better their single player gaming???:confused:
 Nocturn
05-08-2002, 2:44 PM
I personally suggest holding off on the patching until the next one, if even that. The game for me has been better out of the box than with the patch. Try it and see. If it doesn't work for you then go back to the original install. Good luck!
 ultralightning
05-08-2002, 3:59 PM
yeah... stay away from the patch.. even though u get eax... big whoop if the game is going at least WORK..... sheesh.. i have been having that problem for a little while...... cause 1.03 causes the system to hang at mid point of the game on SP and MP... whih soooo sucks
 nifelan
05-08-2002, 4:05 PM
I don't have any problems

I really like this patch :)
First of all, the iFeel effects in SP
the Lighsaber physics in MP -> great
It seems, that saberlocks happen more often (I played half an hour with the kyle-bot and got 10 Saberlocks ....)
Drain and Healing are better balanced (now i can't heal myself again and again after I got hit)
The new maps are great (I really like the one with the reflective floor :) )

Still missing:
"double bladed lightsaber" without cheats
"different" lightsabers (like Luke's, the one from Darth Vader...)
 tucocoloco
05-08-2002, 6:45 PM
nifelan, what are your system specs, if you don't mind me asking???
I play on:
PIII 800
voodoo 5500AGP
512 sdram
30 gig 7200 HD

Initially I had problems running the game at first(no cutscenes or opening scenes) then I tried wicked GL, game works but res. is really low and graphics are a little blurry from far away (ie. the farther away i move from a door the blurrier the image gets and i can see lines flickering on it). Have you had these problemsand if so has the patch helped out your video quality???
 No1zLegacy
05-08-2002, 8:56 PM
I like the patch too....
Everything sounds, looks, and plays better for me now.
I haven't had any problems. I like the EAX 3.0 sound support, and my graphics actually seem crisper.

I run an
Athlon XP 1700+
Iwill XP333-R mobo
Windows XP Proffesional
512 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Visiontek Xtasy GF3 ti200
SB Audigy Platinum
 nifelan
05-09-2002, 9:45 AM
My sys:

AMD TB 1.33GHz
256 MB PC 133 Infineon
ATI RADEON 64DDR
ECS K7S5A Motherboard
SB Live! Player 5.1 (+Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT2200)
iFeel mouse
17'' Monitor
16x DVD (40x CD)
 WhiteChedda
05-09-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by tucocoloco
Does this patch deal only with SB Audigy and joystick problems??? does anyone know??? From what I can gather from all these threads is that many people are having problems with 'GamePlay' (freezing, lockups,etc.). Does this patch deal with any of these problems in SP mode, OR is RAVEN releasing this patch to try and save face, Knowing that there are so many other problems with their product. At first I wasn't even able to load this game (I own a Voodoo 5500, 'No Support'), until some gracious computer Gurus informed us about Wicked GL, now I'm able to play the game, quicksave, etc (Thank you, sincerely). But now that there is a patch available it seems like downloading it will give me added headaches form what I can gather from these posts. Has anyone running voodoo cards tried this patch??? Has this patch actually helped anyone better their single player gaming???:confused:

It fixes a few game play issues in single player, read the description for more information.
Page: 1 of 1