Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Post patch removal and reinstall of JK2.......no servers listed

Page: 1 of 1
 Nocturn
05-07-2002, 7:20 PM
I unistalled JK2 to get rid of this lovely patch. Now i discover that the server browser is stuck on looking for servers and never returns a list. So I uninstalled it yet again (3times today already). Still the same thing and yes I made sure it was all totally gone. Ideas? No firewall, not a warez copy blah blah. Could it be that I told it never register (only because i already registered,once is enough)?
 gish the monkey
05-07-2002, 7:50 PM
That's an interesting idea about the register thing. It could be but then it could not be. I'm alot of help, right? :D I have the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled to get rid of the aweful patch. Now it gets stuck looking for servers. I am behind a firewall but I set myself up as the dmz host. I also have a retail copy not a warez copy. The weird thing though, is that I was playing last night AFTER I got rid of the patch. I tried to play today and find it can't find servers. I'm thinking it's because of the patch. Last night almost no one had it. Today, I'm noticing that most people have at least tried it. Also, Lucasarts released a server patch. That could be the problem right there.
 Infin8jest
05-07-2002, 8:03 PM
Okay, I know this is probably not it.
I know that I am probably telling
you something you already know.
BUT
You do know that the server browser
DEFALTS to look for games LOCAL?
I sat around for a long time and hit
"refresh list" several time before I
realized that I was looking for games locally.
I set it to internet and problem solved.

I know this didn't help at all but sometimes
it's the small things that mess stuff up.

Anyway, I hope for your sake that it was the
case and you just overlooked it.
 gish the monkey
05-07-2002, 8:05 PM
hehe yah, I almost did that but I switched to internet right before I clicked get new list1 :)
 JNO_Blues
05-07-2002, 9:42 PM
What I ended up having to do was deleting the game AND deleting all save files ect.
It did that when I messed with the console I don't know what it was but wiping everything out and doing a fresh install fixed it.
 Nocturn
05-07-2002, 11:40 PM
3 hours later, it just decided to work, all of a sudden.........oh well at least its working again and that stupid patch is gone!! I think raven needs to put sof2 on the shelve for a minute and finish JK2.
Just a thought. I've posted all over the forum, I have a lot of ideas that would really basically solve all of this ****. i hope raven and lucas arts really take a look at all of my posts. they may actually be able to do something that makes almost everyone happy. So the final solution was do a fully fresh reinstall of the game. Go to where it was and make sure it truly is gone after you un install, because each of the 4 un installs i did left something behind. On the final un install I also used a reg cleaner to make totally sure every last usable speck was gone, before I did the reinstall. And to my horror no servers would show. But after starting and killing the game 5 times the server browser finally did its job. nice how they treat us like lab animals, and we make them more rich then we'll ever be in return...........interesting. All that technology and money and they can't even do it right.
Page: 1 of 1