Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A boring game gets better??

Page: 1 of 1
 Ten-Forward
05-07-2002, 3:49 PM
I'm gonna wait on this X-pack....IMHO ...GB was boring..
 Rogue15
05-07-2002, 9:16 PM
Play deathmatches. I got sick of random maps, basically because against the computer they were really long, and they'd give up too damn early (the friggen wusses won't let my FULL force go into their base!!!!!!), I tried Deathmatch, Rommel got me into that....I realized how much cooler it is worrying about the size of my army instead of the size of my economy.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-08-2002, 4:36 AM
Yeah me too, although I admit some of the campaigns can be tedios.
 Fishflesh
05-08-2002, 8:46 AM
What are u guys talking about GB is the BEST game ever!!!!!

(I Think)

:tie:
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-08-2002, 2:06 PM
Hey I never said it was bad.
 Fishflesh
05-08-2002, 2:12 PM
Me Neither!!!!!!!!!!
 DarthTenor
05-08-2002, 4:36 PM
Well I would say that is boring if you play agaist the computer. Online is where it gets exiting. True it is when players of equal caliber plays against each other the game can be a standstill.

I truly don't think players have really delved into the true power of some units in this game. It seems as though I only see maybe a fighting force of 2 or 3 types of units.

We shall see when the expack comes out how things will change. My feeling i that the Air cruiser although pricey will become a significant and integral part of alot of games that are at a standstill.
 Slimmer
05-09-2002, 7:17 AM
I really don't think Ten Foward you ever T1 rushed under 10 minutes or T3 in 15 minutes or really achieved the success as a lot have. Thats why you found it boring. This game is completly different from a lot of games in many ways. Also requires more skill then Age of Empires. I wouldnt play DM cause that does get boring. I am sure you think you are good but i bet you have never played anyone thats really a Pro. I am guessing that you really never learned how to fully dominate in this game and beat someone in less then 15 minutes on RM, like I have...
 Ten-Forward
05-09-2002, 9:41 AM
Thats nice...I'll alert the media....
 Eets
05-09-2002, 2:29 PM
:D

I like your attitude, Ten-Forward.

Have you tried out the scenario editor yet?
 AU_Armageddon
05-09-2002, 4:41 PM
...or to dominate Slimmer in 20 minutes like I have

hehe;)

EDIT: better put in the j/k b4 i get more trouble:D
 Ten-Forward
05-12-2002, 1:01 PM
Yeah the editor/toy box is nice if'n ya want to create your own boring game...the X-Pac does look to be a nice update..and with all the positive reviews so far...I'm getting it on Tuesday..
 JEDI_MASTA
05-12-2002, 4:12 PM
LMAO... ten forward i hafta admit... that was priceless...

I never really got the idea of RM... u sit there fore 3 hrs watching ppl chop trees (rolleyes) In dm u get to watch ppl chop trees... watch ur army move across the map (and it is huge) and watch me kill farmers :) and i can dominate ppl in 5 minutes... sad huh ;)
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-12-2002, 4:39 PM
Meh! This game did get abit boring, but I have recently started playing again. It does add abit more strategy than AOK and surprisingly, I can do better in this game than AOK :eek:.... Hopefully, the expansion will bring alot of fun.
 Emperor Dan
05-13-2002, 1:44 AM
Multiplayer makes this game great. Attacking as early as you can is so much fun! It's half chance and half skill -- will you be early enough? did you attack in the right place? It keeps you thinking on your feet and it's just great!

I never really found the strategy in Death Match. Random Map is a lot better and forces you to make sure your economy and military is tip-top.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-13-2002, 4:40 AM
Aaaaaahhhhh, the suspence.:D
Page: 1 of 1