Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Engine-features information...

Page: 1 of 1
 F0rg3
05-07-2002, 11:56 AM
I've never been interested in AoE and AoK because the engine never supported some must-have features.

I'm curious if this game has pause-and-order? That is a deal-breaker for me.
 Rogue15
05-07-2002, 12:12 PM
ya it does...but not in mp, in mp it pauses it so u can't move around the screen. :)
 F0rg3
05-07-2002, 12:15 PM
IT DOES???!!!!

I heard that wasn't in the AoK/AoE engine! They added it just for this game?

So you can pause the play and issue orders to the troops and then unpause the action and watch it all happen? And yeah, I was referring to singleplayer.

On a related note, the AoK/AoE games mere micromanagement hell. You had to keep a constant eye on your farms and replant them when they "ran out". Is that an issue with this game?

Originally posted by Rogue15
ya it does...but not in mp, in mp it pauses it so u can't move around the screen. :)
 duder
05-07-2002, 12:27 PM
You can buy reseeding units that automaticallly reseed your farms.
 F0rg3
05-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Two final questions:

1) Pause-and-order and "reseeding units" are in the original game AND the new Clones mission pack?

2) The kinds of missions I like are "wipe out the other side" kinda missions (i.e., Total Annihilation). The kinda missions I hate are "help this person get somewhere", "do something in so many minutes", etc. How would you characterize the missions in this game?
 Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 1:10 PM
1. yes.
2. there will be mostly the kind you like, and maybe two of the ones you ahte.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-07-2002, 2:02 PM
Reeseding cost carbon though.:eek:
 Compa_Mighty
05-08-2002, 1:01 AM
You COULD pause and move in AoK, but only in single player.
Page: 1 of 1