Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What data is contained inside a .jks file?

Page: 1 of 1
 Garindan
06-29-2001, 1:43 PM
LuKa_YJK at roguesquadron.net needs to know. We already know it's a save file, but we need more info on what exactly is in it.
 wombat3
06-29-2001, 3:11 PM
What game is a .jks file for?
 Garindan
06-29-2001, 3:58 PM
jedi knight and mysteries of the sith.
 Boba Rhett
06-30-2001, 3:07 AM
What info is wanting to find out about it exactly? I already told him what I know about them in his post.
 Garindan
06-30-2001, 1:16 PM
I need some accurate "technical" info about .jks if possible I know that there are references for .3do and most other formats. Please, ask in JK forums...
And webspawner is not good for saving files, I think. Please provide another variant... that's what he said.

[ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: Garindan ]
 Tie Guy
06-30-2001, 9:47 PM
Just to state some obvious things.....

It would have to include all of these:

1. What guns and how much ammo you had for each.
2. What enemies you've alredy killed and where the ones that are left are.
3. You already said all the image files and all that stuff.
4. Which gun you had out at the time of the save.
5. Which objectives you have already completed.
6. All the items you had.
7. Of course, which level you are on.
8. All of the secrets that you've found.
9. All of the things in the level that you have picked up and where the ones that you haven't are.
10. The force powers that you have and at what level they are all at.
11. Where any object that you have destroyed or moved currently is.
12. Which switches you have activated and which ones you haven't. What doors are open/unlocked and which ones aren't.
13. Where objects that are on a fixed moving path currently are.
14. How much health and shieldage you have left.

Anyways, these are all just common sense becasue you couldn't start just as you were before if it didn't know these things.

Hope some of this helps, you may have already thought of most of it, but just laying it out there.

If you are looking for technical stuff, then i can't help you a whole lot and you can completely ignore this post. If that is the case, sorry.
Page: 1 of 1