Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Forces is TOUGH!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 JediKnight_114[b]
06-28-2001, 10:58 PM
Geez, when I bought the game, I was thinking that it would just be challenging enough to keep me occupied until JKII comes out, but I just spent a week working on level six, then was surprised and taken down by a Phase 2 Dark Trooper. (Still creeped out by seeing that.)
The first few levels were easy enough, but these latest ones have really kept me on my toes.

Btw, is there a secret for killing dark troopers. They are really tough to just kill with a blaster, or fusion cutter or any other non explosive weapon. I haven't been able to get out of range to use explosives yet, cause they just keep coming at me. So, any secret or technique would be helpful.

Also, Stormhammer, that code technique worked after a few minutes of trying. So, thanx alot.
 Garindan
06-28-2001, 11:39 PM
i decided to try the demo, it's pretty cool game. i wish they would've put in more levels instead of just 1!!!!! arrrrrrghhhhh!!!!
 Zell Raider
06-28-2001, 11:55 PM
Nevermind I was thinking Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight when I made this post :rolleyes:

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Zell Raider ]

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Zell Raider ]
 BeastMaster
06-29-2001, 12:37 PM
Phase 2 Troopers don't bug me. It's the phase 1 versions that look like walking, dessicated corpses as they run up to you that freak me out.

Most of them are blaster-proof; they're ray-shielded, so you'll have to rely on heavier weapons. The Conc rifle works well as long as you keep your distance, as do grenades and mines (drop mines as you run away, but be careful to not walk into your own ordnance :rolleyes: ).

I got past them by relying on the cheat code LAREDLIGHT, it disables the AI and lets you seek shelter/attack while the enemies are frozen. A slightly fairer way to do it is to freeze them, then "test-fire" every weapon you have at them, listening to the SFX to see which does more damage. Then you can pick a weapon, put some distance between you and it to give you a fighting chance, and unfreeze it.

For Phase 2s, use your captured plasma cannon, but remember that the rockets are much too slow to hit a DT. And of course, perfect you grenade and mine technique.
Page: 1 of 1