Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any1 played Jedi Power Battles yet???

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Simpson
04-06-2000, 1:04 PM
I was just wandering if this game was any good. It looks damn awesome!!
 LDB_Leeman
04-06-2000, 5:53 PM
I didn't know it was released already!
(It's not out in UK for another month or so I think).
Is it out in the US already?

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Alba Wan Kenobi
04-07-2000, 12:57 AM
i dunno bout release in US

------------------
"Being Jedi isn't an easy task"
 Darth_Simpson
04-07-2000, 10:44 AM
It is out alright!
Not here in Europe i guess. To bad!
 Executor
04-07-2000, 9:12 PM
I bought Jedi Power Battles yesterday.
I have almost beaten the first level. Just off of the first level, I would have to give the game a B/B-. The graphics probably could have used some more tweaking. I do like the choice of 5 jedi's to choose from. Level 10 your jedi battles Darth Maul, and if you beat the game as ObiWan, you can unlock Maul. I would say my favorites of the five are Kenobi, and Plo Koon. Grades...Graphics:B- Gameplay:B Concept:B+
 Darth_Simpson
04-07-2000, 10:21 PM
Sounds like im gonna go buy it when it comes out in Europe!
Gotta use Bleem! though, since I don`t own a Playstation!
 LDB_Leeman
04-09-2000, 12:14 PM
My Playstation has been lying dormant for the past month or two.
When I first got it I played Armored Core on it constantly (A damn fine game it is too).
Then, after several racing sims, it's been crying out for a decent SW game (and I already have Dark Forces and Rebel Assault II for my PC, so they dont count) - The TPM Game was one of the worst games I've seen for the PSX, so I steered clear of it. JPB should be ace though!
I'm counting down the days till it's release here in the UK!

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Hannibal
04-18-2000, 6:41 PM
Mace Windu is the best! I give the game a B as well.
 Jedi_Cracken
04-18-2000, 11:16 PM
B, yes that is a good grade.
And it's Qui-Gon you need to beat the game as to unlock Maul.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
04-19-2000, 1:19 AM
This is a classic side scrolling game... I miss side scrollers.
I would give it an A-. They Couldn't tweek the graphics more because of the slowdown already... luckily they make the droids slow down and not you. that deseves a big plus.
2 player SW game. That is a big plus. You don't see that every day!!!
Powering up after levels. If that isn't the best way to make an addictive game, what is?
Concept is awesome... seriously though, what could beat the SW jedi concept?
The programming flaws in the game could not be helped, it is as good as it can get... although it could have some FMV after you beat the levels, but during gameplay, they couldn't make the graphics perfect because of all the action that goes on at once. I think it's a good sacrifice. Fun is the primary reason to play the game, Action is the best way.
The difficulty of the game is Hard... even on easy, it's Hard!!! So you have two choices... Hard or very hard. I love a challenge, i'm sick of games I can beat the day I get it.
There are 5 Jedi to choose from with secret characters you can unlock. You must master them all to completly beat the game, making it one of the largest side scrollers ever.
Secrets Secrets Secrets!!!!.
The game deserves an A- at least
 RogueOne
04-20-2000, 1:46 AM
If I only had a PSX.................

------------------
Fear, fear attracts the fearfull; the strong, the weak, the insolent. Fear, fear is my ally - Darth Maul
 Jedi Kenobi
04-23-2000, 6:52 AM
It is awesome. You beat it with obi wan and you get Panaka and Amidala. you beat it with Qui Gon to get darth maul.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/sacred_song/obi-wan_kenobi.jpg)
Jedi Kenobi
Jedi Knight
 Even Piell
04-23-2000, 5:06 PM
<font face="copperplate gothic light"> <font color="yellow"> Yes it is a great game I liked the phatom menace better though.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/sacred_song/even_piell.jpg)
 Lord_Maul
04-24-2000, 3:07 PM
I have the game, it is bad ass. You should look into buying it.
 liquidkid
04-24-2000, 6:07 PM
it's an awesome game!! and i'm surprised that somebody could like TPM better. i thought TPM was sorta cheesy, but i guess it just depends on what kind of game you like.
 Kylilin
04-26-2000, 5:53 AM
Jedi Power Battles is a great game, it is very challenging, which I think is good. I recommend buying it as soon as you get the chance.

------------------
Nice
http://www.geocities.com/kylilin/kylilin.jpg)
 darth_maul_87
04-27-2000, 2:47 AM
that game is freakin' awesome! it kicks a**! I think its the best star wars game ive played!
 BigBud
04-27-2000, 5:28 AM
Pretty damn good
Page: 1 of 1