Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

racial pride

Page: 1 of 1
 arguile
05-04-2002, 9:45 PM
im pretty new so dont bash me if youve heard this before:

ive been reading all the stuff that i can about this game and from what ive read about the races, it seems that the humans are the sorriest race. what's the deal with that? why would anyone be a human if they arent any good. i mean, youve got wookees (sorry if i misspelled that one...) with extra strength and zabraks with extra mental powers. whats the incentive to be human? should i pick them just because they look normal? whats being done to balance out the races? i wanna be a human, but my pride wouldnt let me pick the weakest race.
 Gaalgoth
05-04-2002, 10:29 PM
no, humans aren't inferior. as i understand it, they're average. in certain situations, yeah they can be better or worse. wookies are stronger, but that only helps in hand to hand combat. just cap the wookie and there you go. also, they can move through imperial ranks easier than any other species and they have no stat modifiers. that means both good and bad modifiers. humans can be on any planet or environment and have the same stats, (ie mon cal lose stats when on hot dry planets). basically, they're just the run of the mill.
 MikeC
05-05-2002, 3:55 AM
Like Gaalgoth said, it's not that the humans are weak, they are the "base case" and everything has pluses and minuses from there.

Don't expect to see different species being generally better than another. There will be advantages and disadvantages to each. Some may suite certain people's playing styles better than others. On the whole the game developers are trying very hard to keep everything balanced.
 Vicious
05-24-2002, 3:20 AM
has there been any confirmation of the advantages and disadvantages all the speices have?
 Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 6:25 AM
well i figure for being a trader for both the imps and rebels and hutts... i think human will be the best choice for me...
 Koffin
06-03-2002, 4:13 AM
Originally posted by Vicious
has there been any confirmation of the advantages and disadvantages all the speices have?

Not all of them, the DEV's are releasing a little info at a time.

Two more advantages besides the ones that have been mentioned.
1. Mon Calamari will either have an attack bonus or suffer no penalties when attacking in water.
2. Twilek's can communicate in a "secret language"

Some known disadvantages:
1. Wookies can not speak basic.
2. Bothans cant wear flee collars.
 Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 7:18 AM
Originally posted by Koffin
2. Bothans cant wear flee collars. hahahahhaha that is funny :D
 MikeC
06-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Does that mean wookiees can wear flea colloars?
 Koffin
06-04-2002, 2:31 AM
Only on sundays or special occasions
 setsuko
06-04-2002, 9:06 PM
Hmmm.. perhaps I should get a Wookiee with a red collar with a bell on it for a pet? Anyone volunteer? *eyes expectantly across the room*
 Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 6:20 AM
Originally posted by Koffin
Only on sundays or special occasions hahahahahahhaha

and @ Setsuko.... I see it now... some lowlife human come in with a leash.. and on that leash a 2 meter wookie on it.. with curles and little pink thingies :D
 setsuko
06-05-2002, 8:34 AM
Yup, and the wookiee will be trimmed and cut in a poodle hairstyle.
 Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 8:45 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Yup, and the wookiee will be trimmed and cut in a poodle hairstyle. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh i just see it now...... aaaah my eyes my eyes :D
 Belisarius
06-06-2002, 9:24 PM
Actually, they DID say something about a ''Hairdresser" in the FAQs...
 Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 6:58 AM
Originally posted by Belisarius
Actually, they DID say something about a ''Hairdresser" in the FAQs... yep.. i tried to find the exact faq... but i dont feel like looking now :D

LAZY!
 gonk-raider
06-08-2002, 6:23 AM
hmm.. maybe then we can fix vaders.. helment head! HAR HARH AHRAHRHAHSd
 Legacy_Of_Sith
06-09-2002, 4:16 AM
Will there be any advantages/disadvantages for picking a certain sex?
 Gaelin Masek
06-09-2002, 8:07 AM
I would think definetly not, both male and female would be equal in every way.
 setsuko
06-09-2002, 6:59 PM
Your sex won't change any attributes, and so won't making a very fat or a very thin char either.
Page: 1 of 1